NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
lebron's D is awful

in other news, the sky is blue. thanks for contributing

At least we agree on that.

To me it puts an asterisk on all of Lebrons offensive numbers.

Imagine if Kobe and MJ rested and did nothing too on the defensive end...

Give me those 2 killers before LBJ.

Not sure if Anthony Davis is the answer either.

Maybe Kyrie comes over.

Reactions: Stylizer1

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
At least we agree on that.

To me it puts an asterisk on all of Lebrons offensive numbers.

Imagine if Kobe and MJ rested and did nothing too on the defensive end...

Give me those 2 killers before LBJ.

Not sure if Anthony Davis is the answer either.

Maybe Kyrie comes over.

lebron stopped playing D tabout 3 years ago. not sure why that would put on asterisk for all of his career.

MJ for sure but kobe's D fell off pretty badly towards the end of his career. despite getting all-nba defensive team awards based on his rep.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
lebron stopped playing D tabout 3 years ago. not sure why that would put on asterisk for all of his career.

MJ for sure but kobe's D fell off pretty badly towards the end of his career. despite getting all-nba defensive team awards based on his rep.

I would say LBJs defence stopped longer than 3 yrs ago..maybe 5 or 6. And when he was playing D...it was average...never spectacular like MJ or Kobe.

I'm sure this isn't the player that Laker fans thought they were signing.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I would say LBJs defence stopped longer than 3 yrs ago..maybe 5 or 6. And when he was playing D...it was average...never spectacular like MJ or Kobe.

advanced stats suggest his defensive impact was great until couple of years ago, among the leagues best.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

lebron hasn't played D since he left miami

that wasn't something we just learned this season. lebron's only getting blamed for this terrible season because he's the star. in reality, his play has been just what we expected. not to mention he's been playing through a groin injury

Sep 19, 2008
53690334_2219867224774046_7318243398979158016_n.jpg

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
lebron hasn't played D since he left miami

that wasn't something we just learned this season. lebron's only getting blamed for this terrible season because he's the star. in reality, his play has been just what we expected. not to mention he's been playing through a groin injury

Hes getting blamed because he demanded for Magic to trade for another star....which is what Lebron does. ..then it leaked that Lebron and Magic would move everyone and now chemistry and effort is dead.

Then LBJ declares that "playoff mode is activated" only to play zero defence and losing to the likes of Memphis and Phoenix.

That's why lebron is getting blamed

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hes getting blamed because he demanded for Magic to trade for another star....which is what Lebron does. ..then it leaked that Lebron and Magic would move everyone and now chemistry and effort is dead.

Then LBJ declares that "playoff mode is activated" only to play zero defence and losing to the likes of Memphis and Phoenix.

That's why lebron is getting blamed

well the lakers need another star. so him demanding magic to trade for one is no surprise

and the "trade rumors messed with team chemistry" stuff is BS because ingram and kuzma have played great for the most part since the deadline, especially ingram. defense and lack of shooting are the main issues with this team. not lebron, not the kids, not chemistry

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lebron had the opportunity to lead a team full of youngsters to the playoffs and instead his machine trampled all over them and created division on the team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lebron had the opportunity to lead a team full of youngsters to the playoffs and instead his machine trampled all over them and created division on the team.

and that explains why kuzma and ingram have played awfully since the deadline

oh wait

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
It's a Golden State Warriors world. We just live in it.

And I'm certainly happy for the Rockets to be second best in this world. :) The Warriors escaped last year thanks to Paul's injury, would love to get another crack. If at first you don't succeed right? All they can do is keep trying. But there's other challenges in the West though. Denver and OKC are very good. As usual it will be a battle. But Houston's getting almost fully healthy now and certainly playing very well. They'll be in the conversation of course.

Unlike the team from this thread.

Reactions: darko and Stylizer1

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
And I'm certainly happy for the Rockets to be second best in this world. :) The Warriors escaped last year thanks to Paul's injury, would love to get another crack. If at first you don't succeed right? All they can do is keep trying. But there's other challenges in the West though. Denver and OKC are very good. As usual it will be a battle. But Houston's getting almost fully healthy now and certainly playing very well. They'll be in the conversation of course.

Unlike the team from this thread.

Healthy Harden, Cp3, Capela with a decent bunch of shooter and Capela, I'd like to see for 7 games vs this warriors team. Boogie has been bad.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
All of this surrounding the Lakers amuses me. It's as if everyone forget that LeBron struggled to just get home court advantage and out of the first round in the EAST last season.

Now he heads to the tougher conference where he can't take half of the regular season off. In addition, he missed time due to an injury with several of his teammates doing the same. Throw in the Anthony Davis drama as a bonus.

His supporting cast right now is better than Cleveland last season. But they're still young and it's going to take time. Especially in the harder, deeper conference. People were kidding themselves as if the Lakers were a sure bet to reach the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad