Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I once was a 7 handicap...

Now I'm a full on 9...
Carlin was a funny guy . :laugh: But i have a golf membership and i'm not old and definitely not rich and don't do any business deals ever , i'm too busy swearing and looking for my friggin golf ball . :laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I didn't particularly think we played all that terribly. The scoring chances were about even last night and the heat maps similiar. They just capitalized on our mistakes and chances and we couldn't finish ours. Given how some of our other games turned out we were likely due one of these.

Glad to see Laine start to really pick it up. He had a good game and showed glimpses of what he will likely be in another couple of years.

Maurice still annoys me with his stubbornness. Started with the same ineffective pp units and only switches things up in the third when down by two...

The third line got a goal but I am concerned going into the playoffs with that lone getting big time minutes as they don't score near enough nor are they particularly dangerous offensively.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It had to be one of the worst games I've seen the Jets play all year. I would say Hellebuyck should get the next start, but Brossoit lost against the Sens and Hellebuyck has a game to start to redeem himself. But Brossoit should get the start versus Colorado on Wednesday.

We seem to be in a slum right now.

But I don't Laine should be playing with Little right now, Copp would be a better fit right now, unless people want to see him with Scheifele and Wheeler again, because I don't see why not.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It had to be one of the worst games I've seen the Jets play all year. I would say Hellebuyck should get the next start, but Brossoit lost against the Sens and Hellebuyck has a game to start to redeem himself. But Brossoit should get the start versus Colorado on Wednesday.

We seem to be in a slum right now.

But I don't Laine should be playing with Little right now, Copp would be a better fit right now, unless people want to see him with Scheifele and Wheeler again, because I don't see why not.
We've been in a slump for basically the entire 2019, as proven by many.

We are not playing like a top contender.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I likes Laine's game last night.

We have become a 0.500 club - we are 0.500 In the last 30 days. We should not be buyers at the deadline. We are not a deep playoff team this year.

Reactions: thegr8one66

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
At some point we should just catalogue all the trite and banal post-loss exaggerations by number, take-out-menu style. Think of all the time and effort we could save by posting "4, 7, 11, and 19-but-not-sarcastic"

To be fair, we would also have to catalogue the take-out menu of post-loss justifications. All good teams lose, parity, 1500 games, B2B, Laine slump, working on the details, Bettman team, 1st/2nd/3rd in division/conference/league, peaking at the right time, TradeLaine, even bad teams win, hockey professionals not dilettante fans, etc.

Who needs SkipTheDishes?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Anyone saying Laine is playing a good game lately has Stockholm syndrome.
:laugh:
Better lately maybe...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lemieux made one poor play, but he actually played well overall.

Scheifele and line were awful. Just brutal in their own zone.

None of the Jets could hit the net. Embarrassing. Wheeler was typically poor in shot selection and accuracy.

Littles line had it going, and I agree that Laine was better.
I knew people would be chomping at the bit to get all over Lemmy for that bad pass that led to a goal. I am sure they choose to 'forget' that him and his line almost generated a goal just before that.

Lemieux was fine. Laine actually looked like he had a pulse.

Our PP looks awful.

We got outgoalied.

Rantanen is a friggin handful - what Laine could be but Patty has a better shot

Morrow. Sweet jesus. Myers had a very strong game.

I LOL so hard because I've seen people say: 'We don't get up for bad teams' and then later say 'we can't beat good teams'.

How the hell are we first in the West? Must be crushing the middle teams :laugh:

I just want Ehlers back and whatever treats we get at the TDL. We need an injection of energy. When Buff went down and looked like he may have reinjured his ankle I cried.

Reactions: Jets 31

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Paul Maurice: "didn't like the guys' effort tonight. legs aren't moving. looking tired."

so what's the solution?

"gonna up the 1st line's icetime. going to ice the same line-up night in and night out. Little took a shot off his foot the other night. gonna toss him right back in the line-up. Same with Morrissey. And we will continue to teach Petan a lesson by letting him rot instead of rotating him into the line-up and letting hurt guys rest a game or taking Lemieux out once in a while. Also, send my regards to Niku as i double down and play Morrow instead of him. i mean, we only scored one goal and let in a whole bunch. A guy like Niku over Morrow or Chiarot would, at the very worst, let in...more goals? at the very best, help us...score more goals and maybe tie the game?"

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
did Vegas or Washington look like a deep playoff team last year? answer honestly pls
100% this.

We don't look our best right now, but nobody going into the playoffs had Vegas vs. Washington as the finals. The playoffs are a strange combination of luck, skill and experience.

Add Ehlers, and dare I say Stone to this team and we have as good a shot at the cup as anyone not named Tampa Bay.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
To be fair, we would also have to catalogue the take-out menu of post-loss justifications. All good teams lose, parity, 1500 games, B2B, Laine slump, working on the details, Bettman team, 1st/2nd/3rd in division/conference/league, peaking at the right time, TradeLaine, even bad teams win, hockey professionals not dilettante fans, etc.

Who needs SkipTheDishes?

You're definitely on a roll here. We should also extend the same courtesy to our athletes in post game interviews, right? Just think how much time they could save by filling out their interviews multiple-choice style and submitting them over their phone.

Reactions: JetsUK

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Which part of my post do you disagree with?

1. Laine had a good game last night - the bar is pretty low right now
2. We are 0.500 In the last 30 days
3. We dont look like a deep playoff team this year

I think the part he disagrees with is that "we are .500 in the last 30 days" means that we should be sellers at the deadline. That's certainly a part I'd disagree with too. First sign of adversity and you wanna cash in our chips and go? Not when the team has so much talent and they're this close to playing like they did earlier this season -- I know you used "year" in #3 but I'm assuming you mean "calendar year" and not "2018-19 season". They're certainly a good enough team to have a significant share of the post-season-winning pie.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
People need to stop comparing this years team to last years. Last year's team had something to prove. This team is focused on the playoffs. We are still first in the West.

There are only 3 things I am truly worried about:

Getting PL scoring again
Staying healthy
Getting Helle back to his Vezina finalist form

All the rest is just window dressing

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I don't buy into the "too much talent" angle . This team isn't some unstoppable force of nature, they are still young and fallible and will be prone to changes in their game.

How many teams wish they were "struggling" like the Jets are.

Nah. This team had a lot of talent and the coach doesnt know how to give it a boost

Reactions: thegr8one66

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Couldn’t watch the game tonight but this team has way too much talent to be struggling. I know that sounds odd for where we are in the standings but we haven’t looked dominant much all year aside from a few bright spots.

We certainly are not the same team as last year.

We’re not the same hfjets either. We just tear players down here.

That was always here, I believe the balance has just shifted due to the Jets showing some degree of mortality relative to last year. Heightened expectations and all that. As has been pointed out previously, lots of knowledgeable posters just not engaging in the negativity and as such commenting far less than would be good for the site. No question the Jets have issues to be addressed but the talent is there. What the solution is to get them going on a consistent basis I'm not entirely certain.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I’m just wondering who the Sens brass are scouting off of our current roster. Puts a different slant on the trade deadline.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
did Vegas or Washington look like a deep playoff team last year? answer honestly pls

I didn't follow Washington much during regular season.

Vegas should never have beaten the heavily favored Jets. It is amazing what a great coach can do with a good team and solid systems. Their coach got everything out of their team all the way through, including the playoffs. Ours didn't. Maurice took responsibility for the loss to Vegas this summer, but he hasn't shown that he has learned from some of the issues as we continue to skate 26 and 55 into the ground, and it looks like Helle will also be worn out again come post season, even though we actually have a solid backup this year. We could have had fast skating and puck moving D man this year to replace Morrow, but instead Maurice has decided that Niku should just not play much hockey and not develop much this year - maybe next year - depends on whatever swims around in Maurice's head next year I guess. But when you see Joe Morrow entrenched in our D core lineup, another reason why it is hard to feel good. Our success is also heavily dependent upon our powerplay. I am not sure anyone is able to rationalize what the hell Maurice is trying to do with our powerplay lately but it's clear that he is just making it much worse. Just in time for the run to the post season. But, no one will be happier than me to be wrong about all of this. Go Jets Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad