Post-Game Talk: Look out Avalanche Jet lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Wheels and Fefe are burnt out! Thanks PoMo , thanks. You friggin twit.

Connor is the only one on that line who showed jump and energy of any kind.

I don’t think Morrow made a single god dam play of ANY kind.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The only thing I'm disappointed about is that they didn't put in a very good effort at home. I know they are very good at home but they've put more than a few of these clunkers in at BellMts lately. Wheeler and Scheifele let the team down tonight, they weren't engaged.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The competition in the Central is now 21-18-5 in their last 44 games.

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
I liked Myers tonight
I liked Laine tonight

First line was, I thought, great in the offensive zone creating chances but were very lack luster in there own end.

Second line played well, mostly due to an improved Laine tonight. I still think there's a decent amount to go but positive signs tonight.

Third line was okay, nothing great.

The fourth line was actually pretty solid outside the first goal, good forecheck, one post, a few scoring chances. I don't mind this fourth line.

Finally, I thought Trouba and Morrissey were consistent, no major ups or downs. Buff had some gaffs, Chariot wasn't great. Morrow... what else needs to be said? I'd much rather Niku.

Reactions: Jet

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

I liked Myers tonight
I liked Laine tonight

First line was, I thought, great in the offensive zone creating chances but were very lack luster in there own end.

Second played well, mostly due to an improved Laine tonight. I still think there's a decent amount to go but positive signs tonight.

Third was okay, nothing great.

The fourth line was actually pretty solid outside the first goal, good forecheck, one post, a few scoring chances. I don't mind this fourth line.

Finally, I thought Trouba and Morrissey were consistent, no major ups or downs. Buff had some gaffs, Chariot wasn't great. Morrow... what else needs to be said? I'd much rather Niku.

Those 2 will be Jets playoff heroes this year.

Schiefele
Wheeler
Buff
Lowry
Morrissey

They will be strong.

But those 2 will make it count when it will matter the most.

Book it! :)

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Couldn’t watch the game tonight but this team has way too much talent to be struggling. I know that sounds odd for where we are in the standings but we haven’t looked dominant much all year aside from a few bright spots.

We certainly are not the same team as last year.

We’re not the same hfjets either. We just tear players down here.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'll hit the usual major points after a loss:

1st line was terrible
Maurice is the worst coach in the history of the NHL
This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs so let's trade UFAs for futures.
Why isn't Laine on the 1st line?
Goaltending could've been better

1) yes
2) you are into something here. Coach rocks the lowest winning % amongst the top 20 coaches in coached games in the history.
3) jets will win the cup
4) its already concluded he wont be playing 1st line.
5) yes

Winnable game.

Same with the Toronto ,Buffalo and Edmonto losses earlier.

I guess that what makes Tampa good.
They are consistent every game.
Jets rely on talent most nights this year.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I don't buy into the "too much talent" angle . This team isn't some unstoppable force of nature, they are still young and fallible and will be prone to changes in their game.

How many teams wish they were "struggling" like the Jets are.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
1) yes
2) you are into something here. Coach rocks the lowest winning % amongst the top 20 coaches in coached games in the history.
3) jets will win the cup
4) its already concluded he wont be playing 1st line.
5) yes

Winnable game.

Same with the Toronto ,Buffalo and Edmonto losses earlier.

I guess that what makes Tampa good.
They are consistent every game.
Jets rely on talent most nights this year.
Wait, Tampa doesn't have talent?

Consistent every night?
7-1 L Arizona
4-1 L Vancouver
6-4 L Ottawa
2-1 L Buffalo

5 game stretch in Nov where they went 2-3.

They're good, but they aren't consistent every game. No team is.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We are the only young team who feels the need to win now. Calgary, islanders all accept they are young and will get better.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
I0Ttw2G.png

• Ah yes, the sweet, sweet return of cautious optimism. Granted, the 'process' (if you will) is there, but finishing touches were missing. As Sawyer is always astutely pointing out, there was a lack of details in the Jets game as they constantly slipped up and made mistake after mistake and had to watch the puck end up in the back of their net.
  • Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler seem to ebb-and-flow at the will of the effort and Scheifele and Wheeler. After putting up an impressive effort against the Rangers' top line, they struggled mightily against one of the top lines in the NHL in Rantanen-MacKinnon-Landeskog. Connor and Scheifele were doing their best to get to the front of the net and bury rebounds on a very strong Varlamov, but Wheeler was painstakingly shooting them from the far outside nearly all the time - making matters worse, on half of them (two times) he misses the net and the puck has to be retrieved as it circles around the board, giving up easy possession. On the other end, Scheifele could learn a few lessons from (hopefully soon-to-be-Jet) Mark Stone, as he always seemed to be a few steps away cheating in the offensive zone, and it cost him on the shorthanded goal against as he loses sight of the puck.
  • Laine-Little-Roslovic - Laine easily had his best all-around game in the longest time as this entire line dominated in terms of controlling the puck, but gave up just as much xG on a fifth of the shots taken, which is obviously disappointing, but unsurprising - Jets as a whole were sloppy in the defensive zone all night and were constantly giving up odd-man rushes against. Little noticeably had a strong game along the boards and Roslovic is like a Connor-lite who can't score - he's hounding for pucks and can apply a swift forecheck, but can't score 5v5 (along with this entire line lately). They're all good hockey players, no doubt, but gosh the chemistry is just off.
  • Perreault-Lowry-Tanev was the opposite of some of their other recent games, in losing the Corsi battle but heavily dominating the xG metric. Perreault had some good chances but opted for the pass instead of the shot - to his credit, it almost worked, but again he's the only one that can score if it isn't Tanev or Lowry digging for pucks in the crease (or you know, surprising Varlamov and the entire arena on this no-look top corner shot). Lowry was especially dominant in faceoffs tonight as well.
  • Appleton-Copp-Lemieux - sorry Lemieux, this bullet point is going to you (and Morrow and Myers) for this absolutely ugly attempt at exiting the zone here. Yikes #1 - not chipping it along the boards where there was space and instead trying to go through the players. Yikes #2 - dragging your feet to where the puck ending up going. Yikes #3 - not your fault, but whatever the hell Myers and Morrow were doing in front of the net. You were then much, much too late in trying to bring energy into the game when trying to rough people up and perhaps trying to start a fight (I dunno, hockey things or chirps or something). Granted, not everything here is your fault, obviously, as the rest of the game was pretty okay, but tonight was definitely a 'meh' overall.
  • Morrissey-Trouba looked pretty sleepy out there as they got outclassed by Landeskog's goal where not a single Jets could land a hit or put their stick on the puck, and overall were pretty rough. Granted, if they're the shutdown pairing we laud them for, they can certainly perform better than that.
  • Morrow-Myers - yeah, put Kulikov back in please.
  • Connor Hellebuyck certainly had no help tonight but didn't have the showmanship to keep the Jets as close as he had been doing the previous nights. That being said, a lot of the blame should be directed somewhere else first before Hellebuyck gets the brunt of it.
Chief's final eyetest says: power play still sucks, and the Jets are falling into the habit of playing pretty stale waiting for your elite players to take over the game. Pretty meh.

Chief's second final eyetest says: a poor showing for Dorion and company. Hope it doesn't screw up any pressing decisions.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Me too -
Based on GDT comments, it sounds like we are still having issues getting up for games against weaker teams -
Hate it when we take nights off because we think we can.
Hopefully this is a "young team" thing and we'll grow out of it - quickly.
It's a "82 regular season games" thing. It happens to all teams, without exceptions.

Reactions: Jets 31

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Wait, Tampa doesn't have talent?

Consistent every night?
7-1 L Arizona
4-1 L Vancouver
6-4 L Ottawa
2-1 L Buffalo

5 game stretch in Nov where they went 2-3.

They're good, but they aren't consistent every game. No team is.
No
TAMPA has the talent as well (leafs jets lightnings best upfront) and (what i meant) they are more consistent with their overall plays on night to night basis.

If Jets brought their A GAME for the 5 or 6 teams i mentioned they would be up with Tampa in points. But shi! Happens....

A lot of talent is good there is not too much of it. It can win you games even if you show up less than full games in a lot of nights in regular season.
Jets first 4 years here, a lot of hard work lack talent after the top 6 players. And only Buff of those 6 at that time is considered one of the best in their position in the league.

Conclusion:
Jets are pretty inconsistant this year in terms of complete game play compared to last year.
But they have the talent to just show up to win games.
This also boils to what the coach is saying more now the last few weeks.
The forward group is very young, there we can assume thats where the inconsistancy comes into play which i brought up.

Overall picture.
This team will be good for a long time.
Unless we keep trading the young guns each time they are in a slump ;)

Reactions: raideralex99

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Wow ... Jets lose 4-1 and only 2 pages ... I'm impressed.
I guess it is true people are happier when Laine plays on the PP and has a good game.

Reactions: Jets 31

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
To everyone who was talking about bounces after the Rangers--tonight was an Official f***ing Bounces game.

Jets were the better team, but got goalied. They owed us one after Grubauer's last shit show, I guess.

Not that it was Helle's fault we lost but I am amazed that there hasn't been a single post blaming him for the loss. I hope everything is okay with Derfel, White Out 403 and GNP.

I just assumed they had posted. ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Missed this game due to kids hockey. Call me impressed we are only at 2 pages after a stinker?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Crap game , might have been different if Copp doesn't hit the crossbar and Laine buried that one timer that he normally would , beautiful pass from Little on that setup . Both Trouba and Wheeler looked like they were using floor hockey sticks last night , jesus put some mustard on at least one of your shots and a little accuracy . Helly was ok but for the last time DON'T PLAY THE PUCK !!! you are terrible at it and that's why you are playing goal . Can't win them all but they better come out flying on Saturday .

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I realize the Jets didn't play very good but man was the MTS quiet , like lets try pumping up the team a little . I tried to get a Go Jets Go chant going and no one jumped in . We are getting spoiled as fans , we don't get loud unless we are winning . I also don't think we threw a single hit last night .

Reactions: The Blue Baron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad