Post-Game Talk: Look out Avalanche Jet lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So done with Scheif and Wheeler’s d-zone play. They’re just simply lazy with bad habits. You don’t have to go all out, but I worry they’re bad habits carry over when it matters. We got a stretch of games coming up where things should pick up. We’ll see what happens.

Really bad game overall by a lot of people. Just bleh.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
People need to stop comparing this years team to last years. Last year's team had something to prove. This team is focused on the playoffs. We are still first in the West.

There are only 3 things I am truly worried about:

Getting PL scoring again
Staying healthy
Getting Helle back to his Vezina finalist form

All the rest is just window dressing

I’m also worried about bad habits and such but I agree. This team has little to nothing to prove in the regular season. It’s almost like they made sure to get to the top of the West and now it’s like they’re on cruise control.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I hear this "Jets don't have anything to prove in the regular season thing". How come teams like Tampa, Nashville, prime Blackhawks, prime Kings never had a problem with this? One has to wonder if you can just flip the switch like that come playoff time.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I hear this "Jets don't have anything to prove in the regular season thing". How come teams like Tampa, Nashville, prime Blackhawks, prime Kings never had a problem with this? One has to wonder if you can just flip the switch like that come playoff time.

I know what you mean, but I seem to recall we always won games against Chicago when they were great and we sucked. I used to enjoy that so much! would have preferred to have lost to them and been in the playoffs though...

Reactions: KB1971

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I agree with this. You can conserve energy playing the right way be ensuring your on the right side of the puck, not shirking your responsibilities etc.

What I have see this season is a lot of laziness and poor habits by a lot of out team leaders.

I'm a bit disapointed that Maurice has really allowed the team to get away with it. I also don't buy that it will be simple to just flick a switch and to start consistently playing hard, smart hockey.

Reactions: Duke749

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
generational goal scorers don't play on 3rd lines with lowry and tanev which is were laine will be if chevy decides to get a top 6 forward. he cant even get his shots thru anymore 5on5 he cant generate anything 5on5 to be honest. slow is not a good thing to be in the new nhl.
Did Laine run over your cat or something? :laugh: If chevy gets a new top 6 winger, we will have 3 possible scoring lines. Who plays on the 2nd line remains to be seen. Laine Little Stone sounds pretty good to me.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Did Laine run over your cat or something? :laugh: If chevy gets a new top 6 winger, we will have 3 possible scoring lines. Who plays on the 2nd line remains to be seen. Laine Little Stone sounds pretty good to me.
Sounds good but where do you put Connor or Ehlers?
And say goodbye to your picks and prospects.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Been in here 5 mins and already regret it. :laugh:

It might be cold as f*** out in Winnipeg but at least it is warm in here.
:laugh:

source.gif

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds good but where do you put Connor or Ehlers?
And say goodbye to your picks and prospects.
That's the way trades work. You've got to give some to get some. Roslo+?+1st for Stone. Connor/Ehlers/Laine get shuffled around on the 3 scoring lines. The Jets become a matchup nightmare and score like crazy.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
That's the way trades work. You've got to give some to get some. Roslo+?+1st for Stone. Connor/Ehlers/Laine get shuffled around on the 3 scoring lines. The Jets become a matchup nightmare and score like crazy.
That’s too much for any rental

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If they played well why did Gallant called out the team and called them soft after losing to Coyotes the other day?
Can you imagine if Maurice lost 5 straight home games or go 3-7 in his last 10 games ... these board would crash.
I'm not calling down Gallant or Vegas just saying teams go through dry spells.
Example: the Leafs PP everyday I had to hear on SN or TSN how bad the Leafs PP was ... now they go 5-11 in the last 2 games and it has already started. Nobody is going to stop the Leafs lethal PP ... lmao.
It's a results-based business. Vegas has been pretty good with ok results. The Jets have not been good with pretty good results.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the Jets had a 3-7 stretch over the last few weeks. They're fortunate they didn't.

upload_2019-2-15_15-53-12.png

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
their easier path to the western conference finals also helped a hellalot.
Jets played a tough physical series vs the Wild. Jets went the distance with Nashville. Jets were out of gas when they met the Wild.

Vegas didn't have an easier path to the conference finals.....they just made it look that way. Jets beat the Wild in a short 5-game series while they were playing without their 2 best players. We had a tough series against NSH (but we weren't even the better team in that series....their goaltending let them down). Vegas, SJ or NSH will be representing the West in the Cup final this year (unless we get some solid help via trade.....like a #2 C, top 6 LD, and a veteran depth forward).

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Vegas didn't have an easier path to the conference finals.....they just made it look that way. Jets beat the Wild in a short 5-game series while they were playing without their 2 best players. We had a tough series against NSH (but we weren't even the better team in that series....their goaltending let them down). Vegas, SJ or NSH will be representing the West in the Cup final this year (unless we get some solid help via trade.....like a #2 C, top 6 LD, and a veteran depth forward).
Maybe if Nashville gets a major TDl, but, right now we are doing a lot better than they are. Same with Vegas. We are also going to be better with return of Ehlers, like significantly better. If we stood pat we'd make finals and lose to TB.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I sure hope the Jets get a hard working , hard skating win tomorrow night , this whole board could use one . :laugh:

Reactions: tntkid

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

They did. Blackhawks fans had full meltdowns during the regular season pretty much every single year they won the cup. That included one stretch of 8 losses in a row. Let’s stop yelling at the clouds and put some trust in this team to turn it on late in the season. For cup contending teams, this is the most difficult few weeks of the season to stay motivated

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I cant think of any rental that has ever gone for 2 1sts. statsny went for a 1st and foley. a mid round pick. jets are not paying 2 1sts for a rental. a 1st and a B prospect and not much more for a rental no matter who he is.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
They did. Blackhawks fans had full meltdowns during the regular season pretty much every single year they won the cup. That included one stretch of 8 losses in a row. Let’s stop yelling at the clouds and put some trust in this team to turn it on late in the season. For cup contending teams, this is the most difficult few weeks of the season to stay motivated

To me it feels like the Jets have been coasting most of the season.

I still feel they will turn it up come playoff time and they will stop being so lackadaisical and half assing it in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->