OT: Look here! Now with prizes!

If Training Camp happened but there was no thread about it, did it really happen?

• Total voters

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
now the question is how long does necas stay

Seems like they will let production answer that question. I'd guess Necas will have to translate his offense to goals sooner rather than later. If he doesn't get some points/goals in the first 3-4 then I think he goes.

Take Jeff Skinner's rookie year for example. 7 points in his first 9 games forced the Canes hand.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I wonder what having both of them playing opening night means for teravainen. Has there been any update on his injury? How he's doing or even what it was?

I don't think TT is out. They didn't say Kuokkanen and Necas were playing, they said on the roster. The Canes will likely have 23 players on the opening night roster of which only 20 will suit up.

If TT wasn't practicing or was in a yellow non-contact, I would have expected Chip or Mike Smith, who were at practice to report on it.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I wonder what having both of them playing opening night means for teravainen. Has there been any update on his injury? How he's doing or even what it was?

Teravainen is back at practice in a normal jersey. Seems good to go for opening night.

I haven't seen that they will both be playing opening night, nor has that been announced to my knowledge. Just that they've made the roster.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Kuokkanen already made the team over every other Charlotte forward. If/when he is sent down it will be to Charlotte, where he will likely be one of the first call-ups.

Kuokkanen is getting over 9 games this year. IMO it's more likely that he plays the whole season in the NHL than playing 9 games, being sent back to the AHL and never getting called up again.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Would anyone care to elaborate to this Nsh fan (and a FIN fan, especially Karpat and its products Puljujarvi, Aho, Kuokkanen.. etc) how Kuokkanen did in the preseason? Does he actually look like an NHL regular already or is he getting his 9 games?
I didn't expect him to even glimpse a roster spot this year.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Would anyone care to elaborate to this Nsh fan (and a FIN fan, especially Karpat and its products Puljujarvi, Aho, Kuokkanen.. etc) how Kuokkanen did in the preseason? Does he actually look like an NHL regular already or is he getting his 9 games?
I didn't expect him to even glimpse a roster spot this year.

He scored many points and had a wicked saucer pass to Staal in one game.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Honestly I didn't expect him to going into camp but he's shown well. though I haven't caught every preseason game. He might drift a bit this year up and down but like
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin said he'll most likely burn an ELC year this year. And be up more then he's down. (Hope this means he'll play after they send Necas back after his nine . (That's my expectation)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Kuokkanen already made the team over every other Charlotte forward. If/when he is sent down it will be to Charlotte, where he will likely be one of the first call-ups.

Kuokkanen is getting over 9 games this year. IMO it's more likely that he plays the whole season in the NHL than playing 9 games, being sent back to the AHL and never getting called up again.

Kuokkanen is a 19 y.o. not first round pick who has an existing IIHF contract with Karpat of FEL though. If he doesn't stay up in the N, he needs to be offered back to Karpat before loaning him to AHL because of the transfer agreement.

Karpat obviously may opt to not insist bringing him back, and I would guess if Kuoks plays 10+ and his ELC starts burning, this would no longer be an issue. (I educately guess the obligation to offer the young player back is tied to the ELC slide)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Would you say that his roster spot is warranted given his OHL stats and general play?

It doesn't seem like he's going back to the OHL. I think AHL is the most likely possibility, although I suppose as Lempo said he can go back to Karpat.

I think the Canes have more depth than they've had in a long time. So if he's stuck around on the roster, we can be more confident than in past years that it's because he's earned it.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I said it to note the starting point, mainly. I don't personally think he will go back to Karpat especially if he'd be the first call up in Charlotte otherwise. The guy has one foot firmly in the NHL already, it would be harsh to bring him back to Oulu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad