London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I really hope Kiril Stecklov gets drafted today. One of our purest defenseman, who is probably one the more reliable Defense on the team, and has so much offensive potential if Dale didn’t ask him to just worry about his own end this year. Does whatever the coach requires of him.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Didn't see Stecklov. Agreed - thought he'd get a ticket.

Also thought some team might throw a flyer at Brochu, too, but he never had an easy road, so this is just another obstacle for him to get over.

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Didn't see Stecklov. Agreed - thought he'd get a ticket.

Also thought some team might throw a flyer at Brochu, too, but he never had an easy road, so this is just another obstacle for him to get over.

Guess the Leafs don't scout the ohl anymore.A great goalie in their own backyard & they had multiple late picks in the 6th & 7th rounds.Looks like they were too busy scouting American high schools.

Reactions: sbpointer

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Guess the Leafs don't scout the ohl anymore.A great goalie in their own backyard & they had multiple late picks in the 6th & 7th rounds.Looks like they were too busy scouting American high schools.

I wouldn't expect a 12 year old, who thinks Billy Ball is the answer, to pay attention to players with heart. Not gonna happen.

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Not sure how I feel about that... But I think Domi was close to his ceiling for points in an NHL season... as long as Anderson can stay healthy hes got what the team needs

Canadiens, Anderson agree to 7-year deal - TSN.ca

The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to terms on a seven-year deal with forward Josh Anderson, the team announced.
The deal carries an average annual value of $5.5 million.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yes please
I’m not sure why “Harry Potter” and the Leafs weren’t all over Mr Perry? Would have been a less risky signing then a few they made and the money was not a factor. He is exactly what the Leafs needed on their 3rd or 4th line and would have looked very good on the Spezza line. Jason could have fed him and Cory knows what to do with the puck!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think they are happy with their wingers, but probably still shopping for another centre.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm not holding out hope. They are at the cap limit with one roster spot to fill.

Ya only works if could shed some of the current duplicity they have in the F group.

Looking like a good off season thou all things considered

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yes please

Wow they sure stepped up for Gallagher though, 6 years at 39 Million. 6.5 on the annual Cap hit. Perry would be a great and affordable addition for sure with the affordability being key here. Not a real follower of the Habs like a few Knights fans but that seems a little rich for this guy or am I totally off base?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Wow they sure stepped up for Gallagher though, 6 years at 39 Million. 6.5 on the annual Cap hit. Perry would be a great and affordable addition for sure with the affordability being key here. Not a real follower of the Habs like a few Knights fans but that seems a little rich for this guy or am I totally off base?

Puts him on par with Chris Kreider, and they have similar numbers at the same age. When I look at others who have the same cap hit their points are in the same area (45-55)

But yes... they are all over paid :nod:

Reactions: Buttsy

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Tyler has had injury and depression issues that he has faced head on. He played 25 ECHL games last year and is penciled in to play AHL next season. How long was Binnington in minors. That could give a better idea.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Tyler has had injury and depression issues that he has faced head on. He played 25 ECHL games last year and is penciled in to play AHL next season. How long was Binnington in minors. That could give a better idea.

Yup. Never count goalies out. Especially seeing what Tyler did for the Knights, there’s obviously something there. Mental health is much more important though and I sincerely hope he’s able to get that under control so he can return to being the amazing goalie we all remember and maybe make an NHL career out of it.

Reactions: sbpointer

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

I don't mind the deal. A little rich? I dunno, Seems on par, but Ida preferred a year or two less. But he is in that age range where players get their payday. Partly for past service.
They were aggressive this off season and we will see how it works out.
Just glad MB has tried to fill some holes.

Reactions: NineteenSixtyFive

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I don't mind the deal. A little rich? I dunno, Seems on par, but Ida preferred a year or two less. But he is in that age range where players get their payday. Partly for past service.
They were aggressive this off season and we will see how it works out.
Just glad MB has tried to fill some holes.

If 6.5 million can get a couple more 30 goal seasons out of Gallagher, they’re laughing. It’s not a monstrous deal that takes him into his late 30s so it’s a pretty decent contract IMO. he also provides a lot more than what the stat sheets show, as well.

Reactions: aresknights

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Puts him on par with Chris Kreider, and they have similar numbers at the same age. When I look at others who have the same cap hit their points are in the same area (45-55)

But yes... they are all over paid :nod:
Scary how similar their numbers are and correct puts him on par and was probably the contract they used to convince Bergevin they were in the ballpark!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I see Sim played Jr A games this weekend in NS, is he not reporting to the Knights?

They have 6 04s signed. 2 of them will have to play elsewhere this season if and when it does end up happening. On top of that, it’s good for him to be playing actual games before the OHL camps open whereas the majority of the Ontario guys are unable to. Colton Smith will be starting the season with Nepean in the CCHL as well.

I don’t know if the Knights are decided on who the 2 guys that won’t be playing with them this year, but this may give them a leg up and they also have a fallback plan if they don’t end up sticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad