London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I know it’s appeared this way many times and really never happened BUT Sarnia seems to be assembling a pretty good looking team. Coaching is still a pretty big hole but maybe Hatcher will realize and either add some strong coaching or better yet step aside for the success of his team? But I agree more Sarnia would be cool.

Sarnia is starting to get a few more American players to commit to the OHL It would make the games a lot closer than it was in the past.

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
They also got 20 million from the Quebec government and don't have American teams to contend with.

I'd be curious to know what their testing policy is. The OHL hasn't submitted one to the Province yet
20 million dollars would allow for a few games without revenue from seat sales that’s for sure. Of course we know where all this money is coming from (borrowed) but the cost of this pandemic is piling up pretty fast. I love my Knights watching and desperately want a season but I do scratch my head a bit 20 million is not a lot in reality but is it a smart investment into something like hockey? Without fans it’s not really addressing the game day employees and their pay check for example. Hmm, tough call I can see both sides for sure but what stops other similar interest groups from petitioning for their share? Understandibly they will see themselves as just as important. Tough decisions I’m sure ....

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Hey Otto I followed the link but didn’t really see it mentioned what was Gord’s role / job over the years with the Knights? Condolences of course to his family during what are difficult times I’m sure.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So who’s taking Luke Evangelista in the first round this year ;) Also where does JJ Peterka, and Stranges go??

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Does Basil McRae convince Jarmo K to pick Luke Evangelista with the Blue Jackets first pick or do they pick J-L Foudy?? ;)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Anyone else think that London should be a host city for the Erie Otters just so they can play Sweet Caroline with nobody in the stands to yell London Sucks..
Thats my contribution to the return to play plan..
You guys are sooooo sensitive to that lol. It’s a dang song. And the Otters franchise has historically played it at games for yearsssss. The fans changed the lyrics one year and tbh it fit and it was fun and it stuck. The fans are the ones who orchestrate it so who cares

Reactions: sbpointer

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
You guys are sooooo sensitive to that lol. It’s a dang song. And the Otters franchise has historically played it at games for yearsssss. The fans changed the lyrics one year and tbh it fit and it was fun and it stuck. The fans are the ones who orchestrate it so who cares

It's more like we think it is funny. Good on the Erie fans to latch onto it.

Myself, I can't stand the song itself either way. Hated it when it came out, hate it now. I cringe every time the idiots in the audio booth play it. It's like shoving a coping saw in one ear and out the other.

The average fan in the stands seem to enjoy it though.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
It's more like we think it is funny. Good on the Erie fans to latch onto it.

Myself, I can't stand the song itself either way. Hated it when it came out, hate it now. I cringe every time the idiots in the audio booth play it. It's like shoving a coping saw in one ear and out the other.
I’m not a big fan of it either but at this points a certain collection of fans have embraced it too much for it to be forgotten or go away. Sadly...because I’m with you. It’s one of the most overrated songs ever

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Oh I think it's awesome. Especially the fact they are so committed to hating the Knights they say it every game. I kinda want to attend a game in Erie just to experience it.
Just like I secretly enjoy the Kitchener Goal celebration and Spike rockin out to Cotton Eyed Joe in the third period commercial break.

Reactions: TheCoach and NOA

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I wont be surprised if Stranges doesn't get drafted. I actually want to see how he would handle not being drafted? Would he get the message then?

Last edited:

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
I hope he gets drafted. I love redemption stories. And the kid has talent to spare.
I hope last season WAS his wake-up call, and that he comes back mentally ready - drafted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad