London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Well, there goes my bracket in the West...

He will either grow up as a result and play AHL next year, with NHL possibility OR go home and make alot of rubles in the KHL.

Reactions: sbpointer

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Top F's at rookie camp IMO (not including returning players):
1 Estapa
2 Dowiak
3 Shepler
4 Labelle
5 McCue
6 Krieger
7 Rolofs

Top D at rookie camp IMO (not including returning players)
1 Montgomery
2 Roger
3 A Winslow
4 Z Winslow
5 Federkow
6 Tanos
7 Zaske

Estapa, Montgomery, Dowiak are the guys they need to get signed ASAP.
McCue could use a year of Junior B but looks good.
I was just as impressed in Zach Winslow as with Avery. Both are OHL level d-men.
Federkow was very impressive for a 16 year old.
Tanos was impressive with the puck but is 18 years old.
Zaske is very big and has some good upside. Him and Shepler look like good late round American picks who might be able to play in a year.
Knights need to save a couple of cards for Johnston and MacTavish.

I like that you have ranked the players regardless of age and size.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
thats awful news about kelly thompson, rival but never like to see that. wish him and his family all the best, hope he went peacefully.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
while not the most intelligent of moves, how does one decide intent here? Possibly he was just attempting to bat it down the ice as they were on a 5 minute penalty kill at the time. Yes the puck went out of play..but does anyone really know if he deliberately meant for it to go out of play? I don't know if a 5 gamer can stick here. How would it be any different from a d-man batting a puck out of the air into the stands

Maybe he was channeling Gump Worsley :laugh:

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
My two cents on the minicamp Saturday;

Rolofs shows some offensive prowess but lacks any direction in his own end. He seems like a project that will require a lot of investment in teaching that part of the game but I have to think the knights have a bead on his ability to learn.

Winslow brothers both looked really good and poised with the puck. I believe it was Avery? That seemed to have a bit more size and demonstrated patience initiating the breakout. He is a keeper.

Mailloux was ok but didn’t do anything to jump off the page, same with max McCue. MacKinnon had a decent game.

Of the vets, by far the best was Panwar, he was an absolute beast!

Evangelista was noticeable and had a decent goal and had his nose split by a high stick.

Keane was mostly unoticible out there which was strange as I though he would dominate at this level.

Overall there are many positives but there was a lot more jump and drive illustrated last year.

My rating 5/10

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Take the spring skate for what it is.
Just an intro to the Knights organization.

I never take take too much from these type skates. Somes kids have taken a break after a long season, some still have their game legs, some go thru the motions and some bust their azz.

Sure, a FA kid might earn a look at main camp from this skate, and good on them......but rarely will it hurt a drafted player. They will get a longer look in the fall regardless of this skate.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Maybe he was channeling Gump Worsley :laugh:

Yes with a big smirk on his face after the completion, Lorne Worsley is who I thought of as soon as I saw Provetov's video batting the puck into the fans, except Gump's were sent at either corners of the Forum or where ever other rinks he played in. No matter how much Prosvetov tries there will never be another Gump in hockey nor will there ever be another Johnny Bowers for that matter as both had plenty of character on ice moves to fill the 1960's memory banks

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
My two cents on the minicamp Saturday;

Rolofs shows some offensive prowess but lacks any direction in his own end. He seems like a project that will require a lot of investment in teaching that part of the game but I have to think the knights have a bead on his ability to learn.

Winslow brothers both looked really good and poised with the puck. I believe it was Avery? That seemed to have a bit more size and demonstrated patience initiating the breakout. He is a keeper.

Mailloux was ok but didn’t do anything to jump off the page, same with max McCue. MacKinnon had a decent game.

Of the vets, by far the best was Panwar, he was an absolute beast!

Evangelista was noticeable and had a decent goal and had his nose split by a high stick.

Keane was mostly unoticible out there which was strange as I though he would dominate at this level.

Overall there are many positives but there was a lot more jump and drive illustrated last year.

My rating 5/10

Zach is the one with more size. Zach is 6 foot 3. Avery is about 4 inches shorter. I was actually more impressed with Zach but Avery is the more highly regarded one.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
we all wanted to hold onto Koly but it made more sense to hold onto the forward and Boqvist at the time.

Now with Knights season over and they didn't go anywhere , are finding themselves short on defense for next season . Would have made more sense to have kept Kolyachonok and traded Boqvist for a forward that could have scored and done more offensively then Boqvist did and still would have had a great defenseman in Koly on the backend and still be available to the Knights two more seasons. A little late now but I for one did advocate and push to keep Koly and to trade Boqvist to help out on the right side offensively, my posts are still there if anyone would like to check. It made more sense to me at the time because we were getting nothing in return for Kolyachonok but could have had a big return for Boqvist. It's too late now but that was IMHO of that time last fall.

Reactions: LDN

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Fastpace don't sweat what could have been because it was never going to happen. Deals were in place that assured Guskov and Boqvist were going to be Knights. Koly knew that when he signed on to come here and unfortunately when Chicago wanted Boqvist here the writing was on the wall. To get Guskov to come here I am certain he would have had a no -trade clause.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Fastpace don't sweat what could have been because it was never going to happen. Deals were in place that assured Guskov and Boqvist were going to be Knights. Koly knew that when he signed on to come here and unfortunately when Chicago wanted Boqvist here the writing was on the wall. To get Guskov to come here I am certain he would have had a no -trade clause.

Of course it was, and it didn't have to be that way though. Chicago are in control of their operation of business and also didn't have to send Boqvist to the OHL. They do not however have control or a say of how the Knights conducts their own daily business operations

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Of course it was, and it didn't have to be that way though. Chicago are in control of their operation of business and also didn't have to send Boqvist to the OHL. They do not however have control or a say of how the Knights conducts their own daily business operations
They do have a say- If they don't want a player traded to a certain team they can tell the OHL team not to move the player. London can say screw you but that would be burning a bridge with the NHL team and most if not all OHL teams won't do that, they don't move a player without first discussing it with the NHL team that holds their rights.

Also wasn't Boqvist your leading goal scorer in the playoffs? Not sure why you would think you would be better off without him?

Reactions: aresknights
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad