London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
They do have a say- If they don't want a player traded to a certain team they can tell the OHL team not to move the player. London can say screw you but that would be burning a bridge with the NHL team and most if not all OHL teams won't do that, they don't move a player without first discussing it with the NHL team that holds their rights.

Also wasn't Boqvist your leading goal scorer in the playoffs? Not sure why you would think you would be better off without him?

In the end, even after a NHL team’s suggestion the OHL team still has it’s final say. Why would a NHL team want to prevent a trade as long as it’s player plays somewhere in the league and progress with lot’s of icetime.

Like I mentioned several times in the past, trading Boqvist for an experienced RH productive top 6 forward and still have an excellent also fairly productive 17 yr old defenseman playing above his age in development with three full years left of service. The Knights did not succeed in advancing past the second round and now have a shortage of defensemen . We will never know how far they would have done with more experienced fire power RH shot to counteract Guelph’s own.

A good RH productive forward could have just as easily score as many goals as Boqvist but more importantly have a big sound defensive minded defenseman with some productive abilities as well. Guess we’ll never know how far they would have gone if they’d went after Entwistle , Suzuki or Owen Tippett anyone of those RH shooter would have help the Knights and weaken the opposition in the process. History will show a right hand shooter has better success against left hand trapper goalies, case in point both leading Knights scorers were right hand shooters from the point (Bouchard and Boqvist) the Knights needed that RH shot advantage up front closer to the net.

IMHO

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
On to next season. Who will be the big fish to target? Why not get them early(before the season)

Reactions: KnightsWatch

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
When will they sign the 2019 draft picks and free agents from dev camp?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Too many variables right now. Sit back, crack a few brown pops and watch the rest of this season unfold between watching the CHL and NHL
Totally bud! I think Ottawa has had a nice road toward the finals thus far...will be interesting to see them against Guelph or Saginaw (more battle tested teams)....
NHL playoffs have been interesting and it sure was awful to see the Leafs choke again :( It was a VERY entertaining 1st round so far ...hopefully the rest of the way will be just as fun

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
When will they sign the 2019 draft picks and free agents from dev camp?
We are only now (over the last few days) seeing players getting signed to teams that got knocked out in the first round. I would expect teams that made the second round might start signing their players in a few weeks. The deeper runs into the playoffs seem to keep the staff busy longer.

Edit: Guess they were quicker than I realized. Also I must have missed Guelph signing a player already a few days ago too.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Fastpace yesterday is long gone and you can't change it. If my Aunt would have had balls she would have been my Uncle.

Do you think your uncle would love to be call your aunt ?

So your aunt is an uncle, do you wish to keep it that way or do you wish for a change to turn her back to be your aunt again, it's all up to you how you wish to call her because the she with or without balls is still is a she even if you call her uncle. Do we stop talking about a horrible end to a playoff series or do we wish to talk for better future playoffs ending. I don't know I thought this was a forum to share our views, I guess maybe I was wrong, can we learn by being wrong, can the Knights possibly learn for having been wrong ?

Last edited:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Do you think your uncle would love to be call your aunt ?

So your aunt is an uncle, do you wish to keep it that way or do you wish for a change to turn her back to be your aunt again, it's all up to you how you wish to call her because the she with or without balls is still is a she even if you call her uncle. Do we stop talking about a horrible end to a playoff series or do we wish to talk for better future playoffs ending. I don't know I thought this was a forum to share our views, I guess maybe I was wrong, can we learn by being wrong, can the Knights possibly learn for having been wrong ?
How were they wrong ?? Don't bring Koly in to the fold in case Boqvist sticks?? So just so I understand Mark should never have let Chicago talk him in to signing Boqvist and sending him back to play here. There was no frigging way Chicago was sending him to London to be traded to anybody. I would bet the farm that Guskov had a no trade clause to sign to come here so you keep going on about we should have kept Koly and traded Boqvist and that really was never ever in the cards. You are fantasy island and setting yourself up for coulda,woulda shoulda type thinking. It is such a rare occurence to ever have three imports in camp and there was f*** all different that could have been done and their hands were tied. It is not that difficult to accept is it??

Reactions: aresknights

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How were they wrong ?? Don't bring Koly in to the fold in case Boqvist sticks?? So just so I understand Mark should never have let Chicago talk him in to signing Boqvist and sending him back to play here. There was no frigging way Chicago was sending him to London to be traded to anybody. I would bet the farm that Guskov had a no trade clause to sign to come here so you keep going on about we should have kept Koly and traded Boqvist and that really was never ever in the cards. You are fantasy island and setting yourself up for coulda,woulda shoulda type thinking. It is such a rare occurence to ever have three imports in camp and there was f*** all different that could have been done and their hands were tied. It is not that difficult to accept is it??

They did not go past the second round, that's how wrong they were. May I add after leading a series 3 - 0 they could not close the series by allowing Guelph 4 game come from behind to take them down. That's how wrong they were, they were a high ranked team and went out like a lamb. You asked I answered . I am not sure if there was any discussion between the Knights and Chicago in regards to Boqvist, if there was and Mark Hunter is going to be a GM in the NHL when it comes to dealing he'll have to make sure his team comes first not another NHL team's demands. IMHO

Now don't get me wrong I truly loved seeing Boqvist in a Knights uniform this past season and was the very player as advertised and awesome to watch. And I also think of Mark Hunter as one of the best hockey heads in hockey today, anywhere. But that don't mean by keeping Boqvist and losing out on a big pay back from a trade as well as losing a very talented 17 yr old defenseman was the right move to do.

This is my last on this subject, I am moving on from here . cheer !

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

No way London was trading Boqvist. I cant see the other posters thoughts but it was never going to happen. Wasnt an option.

In the end its easy to say cards were misused but there wasnt a peep when they up 3-0 and Boqvist was on fire.

London does have a deep connection with the Blackhawks, Jr teams most definitely talk with NHL clubs and no way in he.... Do you move a Boqvist talent regardless of the fact that you had Koly.
The whole idea is nonsense

Reactions: zman77

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
They did not go past the second round, that's how wrong they were. May I add after leading a series 3 - 0 they could not close the series by allowing Guelph 4 game come from behind to take them down. That's how wrong they were, they were a high ranked team and went out like a lamb. You asked I answered . I am not sure if there was any discussion between the Knights and Chicago in regards to Boqvist, if there was and Mark Hunter is going to be a GM in the NHL when it comes to dealing he'll have to make sure his team comes first not another NHL team's demands. IMHO

Now don't get me wrong I truly loved seeing Boqvist in a Knights uniform this past season and was the very player as advertised and awesome to watch. And I also think of Mark Hunter as one of the best hockey heads in hockey today, anywhere. But that don't mean by keeping Boqvist and losing out on a big pay back from a trade as well as losing a very talented 17 yr old defenseman was the right move to do.

This is my last on this subject, I am moving on from here . cheer !
Please do move on. Superdee nailed it

Knights aren’t going to burn valuable connections either by trading players against the players or team desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad