London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights bolster blue-line with young American signing

Ryan Pyette April 24, 2019
The Knights signed American defenceman Avery Winslow, a fifth-round pick in 2018, on Wednesday.
The 16-year-old Clearwater, Fla., native scored two goals and had six points for the Wenatchee Wild of the British Columbia Hockey League last season. The 6-foot, 170-pound left-shot rearguard previously played for the Notre Dame Hounds program in Wilcox, Sask.
“Avery is a very talented, smooth-skating defenceman who will contribute greatly to our success next season,” London GM Mark Hunter said.
Winslow, who will attend training camp in August, turns 17 that same month and is eligible for the NHL draft next year.
London Knights bolster blue-line with young American signing

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
How was he able to be drafted in the ohl ? Playing in Saskatchewan would make him WHL , no ?

I would imagine he was playing at Norte Dame. It’s a prep school similar Shattuck St Mary’s (Minnesota).

His birth certificate determines where he gets drafted.

Sidney Crosby went to Shattuck and was drafted by Rimouski.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Coome(OA)/JKeane (OA)-Regula
Winslow(02)-G.Keane(02)
L.Whittaker(01)-Roger(02)

man that 2018 draft is looking solid if McGurn and Roger end up getting regular time next season. Evangelista, Stranges, Panwar, Geane, McGurn, Winslow, Roger...I guess the guys we are waiting on would be Beljo, Mairs, Truscott(Longshot I think), Dowiak and maybe the goalie Brochu

STS

Jul 3, 2005
Coome(OA)/JKeane (OA)-Regula
Winslow(02)-G.Keane(02)
L.Whittaker(01)-Roger(02)

man that 2018 draft is looking solid if McGurn and Roger end up getting regular time next season. Evangelista, Stranges, Panwar, Geane, McGurn, Winslow, Roger...I guess the guys we are waiting on would be Beljo, Mairs, Truscott(Longshot I think), Dowiak and maybe the goalie Brochu
Don't forget Vlasic - he's been impressive in the U - 18
tournament. Defensive d'man with good size basically same as Ben Roger. As a projected late 1st round pick the NHL team that drafts him may want him to go to the OHL.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Don't forget Vlasic - he's been impressive in the U - 18
tournament. Defensive d'man with good size basically same as Ben Roger. As a projected late 1st round pick the NHL team that drafts him may want him to go to the OHL.
I was just going off who is confirmed/signed

Reactions: zman77 and STS

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
Unless Coome improves drastically, I would not use an overage spot or player card on him. At the very least, a veteran acquired through trade and an Import drafted player is what I would like to see to fill the holes on defence, with or without Vlasic.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightsWatch

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Unless Coome improves drastically, I would not use an overage spot or player card on him. At the very least, a veteran acquired through trade and an Import drafted player is what I would like to see to fill the holes on defence, with or without Vlasic.
he is solid...also has good size though...I guess if you find someone better then by all means

Reactions: zman77

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Given that Coome and J Keane are the overage defense options in house, I consider the additional cost for Keane to be excessive. It appears that Knights would pony up 3rd in 2023 and 2nd in 2024 for the overage year of Keane.

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
Given that Coome and J Keane are the overage defense options in house, I consider the additional cost for Keane to be excessive. It appears that Knights would pony up 3rd in 2023 and 2nd in 2024 for the overage year of Keane.

It may not be worth it (Joey Keane) if they’re not going to win in 19/20.

Coome can’t play more than a #6 role. Slow to react, turnovers, lack of foot speed. He does win a number of board battles and has a decent shot.

A Justin Murray/Will Lochead type defenceman would be ideal and affordable. Just to avoid putting rookies in a position to fail.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Reactions: LDN

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I don't mind using an overage spot for Coome. Hes a big body defence first kind of guy that is pretty reliable. I don't think it would be good asset management to keep both him and Alex Turko as overagers. I'm in the one or the other camp on this one.. Assuming the guys expecting to make the jump put my down for Tymkin, Nelson, Coome for my OAs.
Maybe you can grab some assets for Nelson even and keep a spot open for next years Kevin Hancock instead of blowing a bunch of cards on stop gaps but hindsight is 20/20

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
This is a bit of a puzzling pick - not the most points, the best plus/minus? Usually it is somewhat of a scoring thing and he is 11th in scoring. Not sure what to think on this one - ( insert Otto post here).
Redemption for not being selected last year perhaps?

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
O3g2Iw3t_bigger.jpg
OHL Prospects‏ @BrockOtten Apr 24

OHL Prospects Retweeted London Knights
Of note, Winslow was one of only 5 U17 defenders to play
over 30 games in the BCHL this season.
I know
@graindaiv was a huge fan at one point too.
Could be a potential impact player.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
It may not be worth it (Joey Keane) if they’re not going to win in 19/20.

Coome can’t play more than a #6 role. Slow to react, turnovers, lack of foot speed. He does win a number of board battles and has a decent shot.

A Justin Murray/Will Lochead type defenceman would be ideal and affordable. Just to avoid putting rookies in a position to fail.
Idk who would even be available next season though that is like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad