London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I have a pretty scientific way of rating camp players using the roster sheet. If I look up their name due to a good (noticeable) play the get a tally mark, do something poorly they get a sad face, do something poorly twice the sad face gets angry eyebrows and third time fangs, score a goal the get a light, nice move they get a stick and if the blow by everyone the get a wheel. Only caught periods 2 & 3 today but McMillan had 3 tally’s and no sad faces, decent showing, nothing notably bad, wouldn’t be surprised if there is a main camp invite but I don’t expect much more.
I wrote down all the goalscorers from the 2 games played (one Sat. and one Sun.). See my previous posts. And McMillan did not score any goals. Are you counting the post-game shootouts?

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Knights may have dealt themselves a bad hand this past year by miscalculating the card signing
of Rowe/Golden & Kolyachonok as they could have or should of dealt them before the season start to save some cards, they could have used some reservists until the big name Ds came back from NHL before making some decisions of who to go after. They may have jumped the gun too soon by getting Timms and I also think they could have waited the full 10 day window before signing Kolyachonok to a card, by the end of it they would have found out Bogvist was coming to London. I know it's much easier judging after the season is over to criticize GM moves but as it turned out it seems they hurried into making unnecessary moves too soon. I also would like to point out keeping an overage goalkeeper turned out to be a big error as well, they could have use that experienced spot on the ice against Guelph in the end.

Easter weekend kept me away from the rink, I have been reading some very interesting reports from fellow posters, thank you . With that said , Atonio Stranges after playing one full OHL season under his belt playing with Midget aged players would make anyone playing alongside him look very good, so we shouldn't make too much out of it if a player is outshining other players in the weekend skate. This weekend was great for young players to show their offensive skills, we shouldn't forget there is another side of the game these young players will need to show before making the big step to the O's.

IMHO of course

Last edited:
Reactions: LR8

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
I wrote down all the goalscorers from the 2 games played (one Sat. and one Sun.). See my previous posts. And McMillan did not score any goals. Are you counting the post-game shootouts?
No I didn’t have him scoring any goals either, just 3 noticeable plays. If my memory is right (which is spotty at best) it was a good hit and puck strip and 2 decent rushes.

Reactions: nelli27

while not the most intelligent of moves, how does one decide intent here? Possibly he was just attempting to bat it down the ice as they were on a 5 minute penalty kill at the time. Yes the puck went out of play..but does anyone really know if he deliberately meant for it to go out of play? I don't know if a 5 gamer can stick here. How would it be any different from a d-man batting a puck out of the air into the stands

Bird dog

Jan 5, 2019
while not the most intelligent of moves, how does one decide intent here? Possibly he was just attempting to bat it down the ice as they were on a 5 minute penalty kill at the time. Yes the puck went out of play..but does anyone really know if he deliberately meant for it to go out of play? I don't know if a 5 gamer can stick here. How would it be any different from a d-man batting a puck out of the air into the stands

This whistle blew than he went out and did this, he was still upset with the refs about the previous play where they counted a goal he thought shouldn’t of been counted

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
The rule doesn’t hinge on intent, it’s whether it was a live play or if the whistle had blown. I cannot tell from the video without my sound on however, if the play was was still live the penalty should have been 2 minutes for delay of game. If the play was blown dead then the suspension comes in to play.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

This is not normal game action play, it certainly should bring about a good review by the league at the very least, Prosvetov's play is very weird indeed but then again his on ice cartwheel was also weird so maybe being weird must be his style. Even had the puck stayed in play to a teammate, it whould had been call back for touching the puck above the shoulders.

Boduke

Oct 13, 2017
This is not normal game action play, it certainly should bring about a good review by the league at the very least, Prosvetov's play is very weird indeed but then again his on ice cartwheel was also weird so maybe being weird must be his style. Even had the puck stayed in play to a teammate, it whould had been call back for touching the puck above the shoulders.
Ivan has a history of doing weird things as we can confirm from this past season. I watched this game and was rooting for Guelph to beat Saginaw but alas, it was not to be. With his upcoming suspension, Lennox (a rookie) will be in net so the Storm will have their best chance to gain the upper hand and win game(s). Hopefully he gets 5 games.
Given that Prosvetov is 19, maybe we will not see him again playing in OHL and especially against the Knights.

Boduke

Oct 13, 2017
Any word or rumours from the various development camps including Knights???? Last year, Knights signed top 4 drafts at the conclusion of the camp so my hopes were similar for this year. There appears to be concensus from Nelli and others about the best prospects from Saturday and Sunday.
I also see that Ottawa has 4 commitments already and also that neither Roman Schmidt nor goalie prospect Wu attended Kitchener camp. Hopefully our scouts were aware of all of the various issues of the 2003 class before the draft. Can anyone confirm status on Pastujov and Duke or whether their respective teams have held their development camps yet.

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
Top F's at rookie camp IMO (not including returning players):
1 Estapa
2 Dowiak
3 Shepler
4 Labelle
5 McCue
6 Krieger
7 Rolofs

Top D at rookie camp IMO (not including returning players)
1 Montgomery
2 Roger
3 A Winslow
4 Z Winslow
5 Federkow
6 Tanos
7 Zaske

Estapa, Montgomery, Dowiak are the guys they need to get signed ASAP.
McCue could use a year of Junior B but looks good.
I was just as impressed in Zach Winslow as with Avery. Both are OHL level d-men.
Federkow was very impressive for a 16 year old.
Tanos was impressive with the puck but is 18 years old.
Zaske is very big and has some good upside. Him and Shepler look like good late round American picks who might be able to play in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad