London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Truth be told Myskiw wants the last one back..it was weak. But what was weaker was the Knights positional play last night. Too many players looking at the game as a pad the stats game. Players should not be allowed to just walk in alone on our goaltender uncontested. Almost like they tried too hard not to screw up that it's all they did last night.

Let's be honest...we've been VERY sloppy for the past few weeks aside a few games

So easy to just blame the goalie. Easiest target out there

I've been biting my tongue … didn't want to be the negative one all the time. But selfish play last night, instead of team play and sacrifice. Dmen that want to be goal scorers. Forwards that want to skate through an entire opposing team. Zone entry plays seem to consist of a player thinking they can skate in for a highlight reel goal. Premature D-zone exits.

And let's just be done with this once and for all - For pete's sake, just let Foudy skate on his own 1-man line. He obviously is SO much more talented than everyone else. That way there aren't 4 Knights standing still, wondering if they should start backchecking yet. End of 2nd period last night, there was a power play with time ticking down. Foudy is last man back, with the puck, dipsy-doodling at center ice. Meanwhile, both #11 and #44 are slamming their sticks, standing still at the o-zone blue line, calling for the pass. Of course Foudy ignores them …. because they're not on his level .... and of course, he loses the puck as time ticks off the clock. Gruden lifts his stick in the air in exasperation, like WTF? I see this too much.

As long as we get our stuff together in time for a long playoff run.
Myskiw was waived through the WHL for a reason.
A waiver wire addition doesn't necessarily mean nobody wanted the player in the league he was waived from, most times it's about fit. An OA is hard to fit into established lineups. Only a few teams Canada wide at any certain time can take on an OA. I think people need to cut Myskiw some slack. Is he Tyler Parsons?...no..but he also wasn't in to be Tyler Parsons. This stat line wasn't a fluke. He can play the position well

1.Dylan Myskiw 452.53.914|132.17.913
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Guelph is 29-19 with a winning % of almost 600. They aren’t exactly chop liver, Burnett has them buying into a system that works for them and they win a lot more games then they loose. We have to suck it up and move on and we will. Tough loss because we should have had it locked away before the third even started BUT the real season starts in 3-4 weeks no panic.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Guelph is 29-19 with a winning % of almost 600. They aren’t exactly chop liver, Burnett has them buying into a system that works for them and they win a lot more games then they loose. We have to suck it up and move on and we will. Tough loss because we should have had it locked away before the third even started BUT the real season starts in 3-4 weeks no panic.

While I agree there is no need to panic let's not give Guelph too much credit... they have lost 26 games.. their 'winning percentage' is .527 their point percentage is almost .600

Reactions: Fastpace

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The thing I like about this board is whenever we lose we look at what the team could have done better. We point fingers at the team, the coaching, the players, etc.
We don't make excuses like the referees, the other team diving, Branch having it out for London, etc, etc, ad nauseum.
We may not agree on who on the team to blame, but we all agree that losses are because of our own team effort and not external, made up factors.
Keep up the lively debate!
Cheers everyone.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
While I agree there is no need to panic let's not give Guelph too much credit... they have lost 26 games.. their 'winning percentage' is .527 their point percentage is almost .600
Guelph has a better , more physical defense than the LN and a Bigger and better goalie.
Notice how they keep our small forwards to the perimeter and allow no cycle.
Throw all the stats you want but the truth is the truth.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
A waiver wire addition doesn't necessarily mean nobody wanted the player in the league he was waived from, most times it's about fit. An OA is hard to fit into established lineups. Only a few teams Canada wide at any certain time can take on an OA. I think people need to cut Myskiw some slack. Is he Tyler Parsons?...no..but he also wasn't in to be Tyler Parsons. This stat line wasn't a fluke. He can play the position well

1.Dylan Myskiw 452.53.914|132.17.913
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
But he is not very good.
That is a Stat you can take to the bank.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph has a better , more physical defense than the LN and a Bigger and better goalie.

I don't think Guelph has a better D than London, they are being led by a 17 year old. I think they play better team defense and work better as a unit. That and Nico Daws is a beast.

Reactions: dirty12

Otto

And yet they are barely a .500 team

Otto

Ya..and Brochu is too small

we get it

are you a used car salesman?
First thing I pictured
IMG_1216-761x1024.jpg

Otto

And what type of team would they have been if Daws hadn't gone to the World Juniors?

If I had the power to go back in time I'd be playing the lottery not watching junior hockey... but he was 3-3 in the 6 games before the World Juniors and 0-2 right after.... so it's not a stretch to think they wouldn't have close to the same record they have now.

Storm went 5-5 in the games Dawes was gone and scored 12 goals in the 5 losses.. a little more than 2 a game. Back out the 5 they got against Owen Sound and that's 7 in 4 games... cant win when you're not scoring goals

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Certainly an odd call starting Myskiw against Guelph. Two thoughts come to mind put him in against a team we struggle with for whatever reason and IF he wins his confidence gets a decent boost? Or hold Brochu back and keep him and the team believing he is their saviour and keep confidence in him by not experiencing a potential loss?

Not sure which one applies exactly but in hindsight I can’t think London imagined a loss so in reality a bit of a backfire.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Ya..and Brochu is too small

we get it

are you a used car salesman?

Easy on the car salesmen!

On his comments I hear a lot of similar stuff around the rink when watching the game ( mostly from casual fans over 60 ).
The game today is different then it was in the 80s-90s. The Knights 16 Memorial Cup Champion team was small the still won the whole thing.
This is a game of skill now. Sometimes you see teams that won't battle for each other but I dont get that vibe from these guys they aren't intimidating but they will battle for each other.
BOTH goalies are ok. Brochu has been a pleasant surprise but frankly I have more confidence hearing either of these guys names as the starter then I did with "THE GUY" last year.
Guys we pay 20 bucks a game to watch some pretty entertaining hockey. Lets not forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad