London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Top 4 teams in the west separated by 2 points. Have to keep winning so let's ride Brochu and feast on the east tonight.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Top 4 teams in the west separated by 2 points. Have to keep winning so let's ride Brochu and feast on the east tonight.

Finishing in the top 3 is extremely important. There are 5 pretty strong teams who could win the conference, so finishing 4 or 5 would mean you play one of them in Round 1.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Finishing in the top 3 is extremely important. There are 5 pretty strong teams who could win the conference, so finishing 4 or 5 would mean you play one of them in Round 1.

Meh, I'm not concerned about any of the bottom 6 teams at this point .. the top 4 have begun to separate themselves nicely.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Last year the top 4 in the west were seen as the favorites with teams 5-8 given little chance to do anything in the playoffs. Do people fell that way again this year with the points separation between 4 and 5 or does it feel like anyone could upset the top seeds this year?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Meh, I'm not concerned about any of the bottom 6 teams at this point .. the top 4 have begun to separate themselves nicely.

I think Flint is part of the top grouping. They’ve fallen off a bit in terms of standings but looking at their schedule it seems like it’s been pretty tough.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think Flint is part of the top grouping. They’ve fallen off a bit in terms of standings but looking at their schedule it seems like it’s been pretty tough.

And now the roster is full post junior tournaments and having added Tucker, Piercy, & Yule without subtracting (Vierling was home)

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Brochu impressed the Sports Net crew.
I think he has arrived and is the real deal.
We have a goaltender that is going to win us games.
He second period performance alone aloud his teamates to take control of the rest of the game ,
On a side note Dale should have dressed Montgomery or Roger instead of the Liability prone Keane.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Last year the top 4 in the west were seen as the favorites with teams 5-8 given little chance to do anything in the playoffs. Do people fell that way again this year with the points separation between 4 and 5 or does it feel like anyone could upset the top seeds this year?
I don't think there will be any first round upsets but Guelph still has a good team with top notch goaltending with Daws.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think there is much more parity in the West than in the past. Even teams currently on the outside looking in (Sarnia, Soo) have put together some excellent hockey for long stretches this season. If any of the 5 to 8 seeds run hot in the first round, I would not want to be the team that has to face them. Not saying there will be upsets, but I would be surprised at any first round sweeps this year. The last time there were no first round sweep in the West was 2011...

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace
Brochu impressed the Sports Net crew.
I think he has arrived and is the real deal.
We have a goaltender that is going to win us games.
He second period performance alone aloud his teamates to take control of the rest of the game ,
On a side note Dale should have dressed Montgomery or Roger instead of the Liability prone Keane.
Brochu's play this season echoes what was stated by his coach in Jr C last season when he went in as a 16 yr old. His play and continued consistency makes it hard to not play him. He continues to amaze me with his athleticism. I just never count him out of a play. Myskiw's situation has solidified Brochu as our starter

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Brochu's play this season echoes what was stated by his coach in Jr C last season when he went in as a 16 yr old. His play and continued consistency makes it hard to not play him. He continues to amaze me with his athleticism. I just never count him out of a play. Myskiw's situation has solidified Brochu as our starter

I love his never back down attitude. His ability to play the puck often has really amazed me. Also love how he stands his ground he gets bumped and hes up in their face.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
I love his never back down attitude. His ability to play the puck often has really amazed me. Also love how he stands his ground he gets bumped and hes up in their face.
I wish some of our defenseman would get in opponent's face more often when they bump Brochu.
I wish Regula ,Steklov would get a little meaner.
Which brings me Max McCure.
This guy is our Tymkin replacement without the brainfarts.

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

Agree with this. Of all Western conference teams its flint who scares me the most. Underrated and always give London a tough match up

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
2-0 after one. McMichael's goal off of that faceoff alignment that I've mentioned before. McGurn wins the draw straight back to McMichael who rifles it top shelf. Rolofs and Guskov miss great opportunities to score. Knights dominated first at even strength, lines really starting to gel. Need to stay out of the box, Kaliyev coming close to scoring. Why not shadow him when Hamilton is on the PP and make it a 4 on 3? On to the second...

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Ya it’s been a combination of both: Myskiw not taking over the role, and lately Brochu seems to be getting better and better. I’m a big fan, his mental game is strong.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
SHOTS ON GOAL

1ST2ND3RDTOT
1613736 Hamilton
16132150 London
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PPFOW
0/423 Hamilton
0/545 London
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Really like the “adds” Mark made at the deadline! Two high skill players and didn’t really mortgage our future in any negative manner. If Wilms can get a little more luck around the net he will be a deadly addition!

This team should be able to make a serious run at the Western Conference, Kitchener and Saginaw will be tough but I like our chances. Flint is still a little bit of an unknown in my books? Home Ice will be important after round 1 hopefully we can secure it. I still think Ottawa is a better team at this point though and unless the injury bug hits them or they get “tight collars” they will be awfully tough to beat for the OHL title.

The amount of stickwork the past 2 Fridays has been unbelievable. Almost to the point where Hamilton and Sudbury bought tokens before the game for 5 for a dollar. Maybe some East fans can answer this question...is that what the East has become..a chop and hack Conference? I don't see 1/2 of that stickwork from West opponents. It's the one part of the game I want gone the most. No talent defence is what it amounts to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad