London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Brochu 29-6, and with those 29 wins he's closing in on John Vanbiesbrouck's rookie record of 31 wins (16 losses). Shoe in for second place for ROY.
EDIT: I just read that the record for most wins by a 17 yr old belongs to Finley (Barrie) with 34.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Well the Hounds lost to the Sting today. That's pretty embarrassing for a team fighting for their playoff lives. Erie has gifted them two losses in a row but the mighty Puppies have failed to take advantage. But at least they are outshooting their opponents LMFAO.
Man I would love for London to finish first in the West and the Puppies to make the playoffs. What a first round that would be. A deep talented team vs a young team with no D, average goaltending and no scorers. But it doesn't matter because we have the Refs in our back pockets and Branch will make sure we win the first round. <Sarcastic Wink>

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Well the Hounds lost to the Sting today. That's pretty embarrassing for a team fighting for their playoff lives. Erie has gifted them two losses in a row but the mighty Puppies have failed to take advantage. But at least they are outshooting their opponents LMFAO.
Man I would love for London to finish first in the West and the Puppies to make the playoffs. What a first round that would be. A deep talented team vs a young team with no D, average goaltending and no scorers. But it doesn't matter because we have the Refs in our back pockets and Branch will make sure we win the first round. <Sarcastic Wink>

This theme of yours is getting tiresome.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Brochu 29-6, and with those 29 wins he's closing in on John Vanbiesbrouck's rookie record of 31 wins (16 losses). Shoe in for second place for ROY.
EDIT: I just read that the record for most wins by a 17 yr old belongs to Finley (Barrie) with 34.
To bad he is a clear slam dunk for ROY if not for a 16 year old down the 401. Really he should be super proud as Wright is clearly the “real deal” and playing on a less then stellar team is deserving of it. Any other year though......

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Wright on pace to surpass McDavid's rookie totals....quite amazing.
Shows what I know I thought the OHL slipped up giving him exceptional status to get into the league early? Good thing I’m not a scout. Two weeks ago I watched the Knights / Fronts game he is for real, no frickin doubt. Still say Mark needs to go get him! LOL

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Shows what I know I thought the OHL slipped up giving him exceptional status to get into the league early? Good thing I’m not a scout. Two weeks ago I watched the Knights / Fronts game he is for real, no frickin doubt. Still say Mark needs to go get him! LOL
That line of Wisdom, Chromiak, and Wright will dominate next year. I really liked the way Wisdom played against the Knights last week.

Reactions: LR8, zman77 and LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
globalnews_headshots_300x300_mikestubbs1.jpg

BY MIKE STUBBS 980 CFPL
A goal and two assists on Sunday in Erie stretched Liam Foudy’s current point streak to 14 games and led the Knights to a 6-3 victory over the Otters in Erie.
“Over those games, the whole team has been clicking really well,” said Foudy as he quickly shifted the focus to his teammates. “That was a good all-around game for us today that saw us get a lead and hang onto it.”
London and the Rangers will meet on Tuesday in Kitchener.
Foudy admitted that the game is already on the minds of the Knights. “It’s a huge game and the rivalry is always there, plus we play it in Kitchener and that’s always a lot of fun. We need to go in there and play the best game we can.”
The team will look to build on what went right against Erie when Knights rookie goalie Brett Brochu earned his 29th consecutive victory, giving him one more win than Ryan MacDonald had in 2003-04 when he was an 18-year old rookie with London. Brochu is now two away from the most recent high watermark by a first-year Ontario Hockey League goalie which wasn’t all that recent. John Vanbiesbrouck won 31 times in his first season with the Soo Greyhounds in 1980-81. Brochu saved some of his biggest stops for the third period to help the Knights preserve their lead.
“They had some bounces that worked into their advantage,” said the Tilbury, Ont., native following the game. “I knew those were saves that the team needed and things just worked out.”
Liam Foudy helps the Knights to move back into Western Conference lead

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Big game tonite, tighten up the chin straps and lets getter done Knights. Kitchener has 2 players out due to suspensions and an injury or two so let’s take advantage. Fitting it’s the only game on the schedule in the OHL tonight.

GO KNIGHTS GO......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad