London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
So frustrating playing Guelph. In the intermission, the Guelph announcer, Trevor, asked Stevenson how do you manage to play these close games against London when on paper it shouldn't be close. I'm paraphrasing, but that was my question too. This is not a team that the Knights should be struggling to beat even with Daws between the pipes.
Save Myskiw for the remaining games against Sarnia.

Reactions: Fastpace

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
So frustrating playing Guelph. In the intermission, the Guelph announcer, Trevor, asked Stevenson how do you manage to play these close games against London when on paper it shouldn't be close. I'm paraphrasing, but that was my question too. This is not a team that the Knights should be struggling to beat even with Daws between the pipes.
Save Myskiw for the remaining games against Sarnia.
I wouldn't even trust him against Sarnia right now. He may singlehandedly deflate this team. Sucks when you just can't trust your goalie. Telling quote from Foudy after last night's win in Windsor when talking about Brochu... "He’s amazing back there. IT’s amazing when you have trust in your goalie.”

Reactions: TheCoach

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Trust in the goalie or not. Just Play Better.
The BUG isn't going to change.
Never been a fan of the excuse "team plays different" in front of Goalie X. Not a fan of excuses in sports generally. (Ill leave that to the media that post on HF ;) But yes I do get the delicate psyche of teens- just think its an excuse not to step up. All the more reason to step up your game if there is no confidence in the tender. But it seems to go the other way.
Guelph plays London tough. Sometimes its just the match up.
They mailed it in vs. Windsor as well, and sometimes trying to do just enough against weaker teams bites ya in the butt.

Guelph did what they needed to do to get over in this game. Credit where due.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
The loss isn't all on Myskiw. In both losses to the Storm, London allowed them to hang around within a single goal, waiting for the opportunity to get that tying goal, and sure enough, they got it. The Storm played their game, and London permitted this to happen. If anything, that's on the coaching staff, but the silver lining is that it's not happening during a playoff series. There's time to examine and break down their game plan, and make the necessary adjustments. I'd bet that even with Broshu in goal, we'd be looking at the same result.

We have good offensive players who were either shut down, or were more concentrated on playing defensively, than doing their usual thing, namely, scoring goals, Having 100% of the team's offensive production coming from the back end tends to confirm this. Trader George, to his credit, has crafted a game plan that has the Knights playing into his web. Every team has their nemesis, who seemingly has their number, but this has to be a bit of a hangover from last season's playoff loss to the Storm, after being up 3 to zip. He found a way then, and he's repeating the performance again. Time to formulate a game plan to negate theirs.

Reactions: aresknights

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
IMO Goals 3 and 4 were easily stoppable and I believe those would not have gotten by Brochu. These type of games we need our goalie to make that one save that either keeps us in the game or keeps us in the lead. Brochu has been able to do that and Myskiw has not. Sure all of our scoring came from Regula tonight but with a better Goaltending effort we win that game. Defend Myskiw all you want but the fact of the matter is he isn't playing up to snuff and should not see the crease the rest of the way if we hope to finish first in the conference. Count your losses and call up Onuska.

Truth be told Myskiw wants the last one back..it was weak. But what was weaker was the Knights positional play last night. Too many players looking at the game as a pad the stats game. Players should not be allowed to just walk in alone on our goaltender uncontested. Almost like they tried too hard not to screw up that it's all they did last night.

Let's be honest...we've been VERY sloppy for the past few weeks aside a few games

So easy to just blame the goalie. Easiest target out there

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
As long as we get our stuff together in time for a long playoff run.
Myskiw was waived through the WHL for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad