London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
they still see something in Keane, although i’m not sure what. I do remember him being one of the highly touted american d men in major bantam and minor midget

Reactions: zman77

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Pretty solid player in Roth going to Sarnia. Why weren't we in on him? not a bad price for a ppg player who will play this season and next.

Makes you wonder when trades are made , how many GMs are part of the trade talk concerning available players.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
they still see something in Keane, although i’m not sure what. I do remember him being one of the highly touted american d men in major bantam and minor midget

His stock dropped during his minor midget year. Other guys passed him. Didn't get invited to the NTDP camp. In the last two summers he hasn't made the US teams out of the select 16 and 17 camps. He kind of peaked in minor bantam and major bantam.

Reactions: aresknights

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
So this team has a good core but we are solely lacking some big bodies up front.
Too many dead plays in the corners by being outmatched.
Defense is good but for cripes sake put in Montgomery and Roger.
Keane and Winslow MEH!

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OS 5-4 o/t over London

A great second period, but not a great game at all. 51 - 26 shots in Knights favor 29 in second alone, splitting the remaining in the other 2 periods and overtime. You have got your leaders on that team now it's up to them to insure they are ready for quick starts, it's not the coaches job to cheer on but it's their job to see the leaders are doing their part before the starts of each game. One period of hockey is not going to win you many hockey games

Can't blame Brochu, he was left all alone in the early going as the Knights did not have a very good start to this game. I was glad to see Kooy back but didn't think he looked very confident out there. We can see from his body language that he is there on the ice but his mind looked to be somewhere else seemingly not challenging the shooters enough for my liking the way he did last year, hope this will improve or we'll be in some kind of trouble before the season end.

Owen Sounds got themselves a pretty quick and very good hockey team. It was nice to see Popov and Perrott back at the Bud checking out there progresses, both played well tonight especially Perrott he look really confident out there on defense.

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
OS 5-4 o/t over London

A great second period, but not a great game at all. 51 - 26 shots in Knights favor 29 in second alone, splitting the remaining in the other 2 periods and overtime. You have got your leaders on that team now it's up to them to insure they are ready for quick starts, it's not the coaches job to cheer on but it's their job to see the leaders are doing their part before the starts of each game. One period of hockey is not going to win you many hockey games

Can't blame Brochu, he was left all alone in the early going as the Knights did not have a very good start to this game. I was glad to see Kooy back but didn't think he looked very confident out there. We can see from his body language that he is there on the ice but his mind looked to be somewhere else seemingly not challenging the shooters enough for my liking the way he did last year, hope this will improve or we'll be in some kind of trouble before the season end.

Owen Sounds got themselves a pretty quick and very good hockey team. It was nice to see Popov and Perrott back at the Bud checking out there progresses, both played well tonight especially Perrott he look really confident out there on defense.
Popov has been a great, affordable addition for the Attack. He's finding his way, his ppg is 1.38.
I doubt he would have the opportunity, if he stayed in London .

Perrott is solid as well.
Good deal for both clubs.
The clear difference in OS this year is the coaching staff.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Popov has been a great, affordable addition for the Attack. He's finding his way, his ppg is 1.38.
I doubt he would have the opportunity, if he stayed in London .

Perrott is solid as well.
Good deal for both clubs.
The clear difference in OS this year is the coaching staff.
Nice team you guys have there. Not a ton of stars, but find a way to get it done. Good group effort.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Nice team you guys have there. Not a ton of stars, but find a way to get it done. Good group effort.
Totally agree. I'm pleasantly surprised, in what is more or less, a 'retooling'.

I can't recall the last time the team has had so many youngsters, and so many new players.

Reactions: LDN

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
I have heard the rumour that the Knights picked up Overage Goalie Dylan Myskiw who was put on waivers by the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL pending his clearance.

Edmonton Oil Kings – Official site of the Edmonton Oil Kings
OK, showing my age here! If anyone remembers a goalie that we got from the WHL named Chris Houle, back in the 2001 season, he was fantastic!!!! Playing against Plymouth,[ #1 seed] , London,[#8 seed], in the playoffs, he stood on his head. I believe Chris and Tom Kostopoulus were the main reasons we beat them. If this Dylan rumour is true, and he could play like Chris did, no problem with that. Those would be big shoes too fill though! Hopefully, Mr. Kooy can turnaround his game and rumoured off ice issues and play the way we know he can!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Hopefully, Mr. Kooy can turnaround his game and rumoured off ice issues and play the way we know he can!!

Agreed hopefully Kooy bounces back focuses on being the goalie we all thought we had with Brochu as the BUG. Then this will allow us to use those precious “cards” down the road to bring in a player or two or three to put us over the top! Fingers crossed must admit didn’t see goaltending as a question mark for this team heading into the season? Figured we were strong with Kooy and the only question mark was the BUG and how we could develop a starter for next season. Oh well things change quickly in the OHL.

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Rumors are just that. Kooy came back from pro camp and struggle adjusting to the slower speed of the OHL game and shots compared to NHL and fought the puck. I remember Aaron Molnar was lights out and the next year he went to I think Sabres camp and couldn't stop a beachball from centre ice which is why we ended up with Houle. I don't believe there are issues with Kooy and his parents as he was all but penciled into the # 1 slot. Practise is what he needed to readjust to the game instead of closing his glove before the puck gets there. Cut the kid some slack ffs.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Everyone from time to time, players and goalies, goes through slumps , it happens in mid season or in the playoffs and right now Kooy is having his at the beginning. Your mind goes wondering as if you are away from the present usually from overthinking which in turn affects the confidence in it's process. The power of the mind is equally as important as the talent and skills that sits underneath it, Kooy did not lose his talent only a little bit of confidence. Eventually you get tired of it to a point you say to yourself "f..k it" today I am going to get myself a goal or two or I am going to stop pucks no matter how many they are sending my direction. Talent and skill is powerful for a player but so is the power of the mind that comes with it

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Rumors are just that. Kooy came back from pro camp and struggle adjusting to the slower speed of the OHL game and shots compared to NHL and fought the puck. I remember Aaron Molnar was lights out and the next year he went to I think Sabres camp and couldn't stop a beachball from centre ice which is why we ended up with Houle. I don't believe there are issues with Kooy and his parents as he was all but penciled into the # 1 slot. Practise is what he needed to readjust to the game instead of closing his glove before the puck gets there. Cut the kid some slack ffs.

You can "not believe " all you want. I said after game 2 that Kooy would not be the number 1 by the new year... it happened a heck of a lot quicker than that. All things being equal Kooy deserved the start tonight... and hes not starting.... that speaks volumes as to where he stands in the eyes of management. It has nothing to do with a pro camp hangover. Kooy knew he wasn't going to stick in Vegas. This has everything to do with attitude.... some from the kid.. and some from his handlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad