London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Odd ya didnt mention the 15-0 PO series wins recently. 7 years without any OHL playoff success? Thats got to be getting near a league worst. Or the 27-10 mentioned in above post. Im sure WR would love the gate $ from those PO #s seeing as he has called out his fan base on attendance recently.
Your selectivity and attempts to message/phrase your message undermine any value you try and bring to a conversation. Time lines, criteria, which #s you use are ever changing. Its comical.

Its like listening to Baghdad Bob ;) Doesnt matter whats happening around me, just spin spin spin.

Well you did get to read the comment that apparently those 7 years the fans he talks to don't bring it up. Well either he doesn't ask them or he doesn't want to hear it. It's all part of the echo chamber the organization has raise a pint to the successes never own the failures.

Reactions: TheCoach

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't understand how folks value league titles over Memorial Cup titles to be honest. It's like picking winning a national competition over an Olympic gold medal. The goal in sport is to be the best, beat all the competition, especially as the stage gets bigger.

Now if you want to say over a host MC victory who didn't win their way in, I can understand how that can be debatable. But personally seeing a team win both league & MC, lose in MC but win the league & also win as host. I'll take the national title every day of the week.

Yes the goal is obviously to be the best but I think fans will view things in a different prism when that league title is won in a different format as compared to the Memorial Cup. If people in general are going to admit the tournament is flawed those same fans will likely downplay the importance of that tournament. Fans most likely look more fondly upon winning a championship over a 7 week span and 16 games as compared to a tournament that lasts a week. Acadie Bathurst won the tournament this year yet they only beat 2 of the 3 teams in the tournament. Nobody thinks they weren't deserving of the title but you can play every team in the round robin, not beat one of them and can still claim that championship?

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Yes the goal is obviously to be the best but I think fans will view things in a different prism when that league title is won in a different format as compared to the Memorial Cup. If people in general are going to admit the tournament is flawed those same fans will likely downplay the importance of that tournament. Fans most likely look more fondly upon winning a championship over a 7 week span and 16 games as compared to a tournament that lasts a week. Acadie Bathurst won the tournament this year yet they only beat 2 of the 3 teams in the tournament. Nobody thinks they weren't deserving of the title but you can play every team in the round robin, not beat one of them and can still claim that championship?

They're different formats, I can make an argument that one is harder or easier than the other for both, with the caliber of opponents, margin of error, etc, etc.... It's a matter of opinion. It all comes down to being the best team on any particular day and if that day is on junior hockey's biggest stage at the end of the season's journey in my opinion that's the most important game of the season.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
They're different formats, I can make an argument that one is harder or easier than the other for both, with the caliber of opponents, margin of error, etc, etc.... It's a matter of opinion. It all comes down to being the best team on any particular day and if that day is on junior hockey's biggest stage at the end of the season's journey in my opinion that's the most important game of the season.

Still, one is far more subject to random variation and chance than the other.

A league title in isolation is better than a Memorial Cup without a league title - I made a poll a few weeks back and most people seemed to agree.

Reactions: aresknights

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

Why are you even posting here if it makes you feel so dirty, manure boy? And take the spin doctor with you.
The fact is, nobody cares about Windsor and their 3 Cup wins. They care about the team of the Century, 17 straight wins in the playoffs and Memorial Cup, and the first round draft picks year after year. When people think of Windsor, they think of sanctions and back door champs.
Have a nice season boys. When the Spits trade Dipietro, I’m sure you can not worry about buying playoff tickets for another year.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Why are you even posting here if it makes you feel so dirty, manure boy? And take the spin doctor with you.
The fact is, nobody cares about Windsor and their 3 Cup wins. They care about the team of the Century, 17 straight wins in the playoffs and Memorial Cup, and the first round draft picks year after year. When people think of Windsor, they think of sanctions and back door champs.
Have a nice season boys. When the Spits trade Dipietro, I’m sure you can not worry about buying playoff tickets for another year.

First rule of being involved in junior hockey, buy a good pair of rubber boots lol! Yeah, everyone loves the Knights. You're living in a bubble my friend.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Still, one is far more subject to random variation and chance than the other.

A league title in isolation is better than a Memorial Cup without a league title - I made a poll a few weeks back and most people seemed to agree.

That's great, I'm only speaking from my own personal experiences of seeing every situation first hand. Not the perception or that things aren't always fair.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011

I'm not here to slay the Spits (or their posters)....they have also accomplished a lot over the the last 15 years, but I find it impossible to argue that having a month off to rest and recover from injuries isn't a HUGE advantage over 3 other teams that had to scratch and claw their ways to grueling league championships and then immediately get on a plane to face off against a team that had the luxury of a month off. I honestly don't know how anyone can argue that this is a bigger accomplishment than winning a league championship.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I'm not here to slay the Spits (or their posters)....they have also accomplished a lot over the the last 15 years, but I find it impossible to argue that having a month off to rest and recover from injuries isn't a HUGE advantage over 3 other teams that had to scratch and claw their ways to grueling league championships and then immediately get on a plane to face off against a team that had the luxury of a month off. I honestly don't know how anyone can argue that this is a bigger accomplishment than winning a league championship.

When talking to the players the 6 weeks of not playing league action was the 6 most gruelling they had ever experienced,it was not a picnic,and yes they finally got healthy which they weren't all season.And while this won't sway London posters,when the coach of the Q team says that Windsor and Erie were the best teams his club had faced all season by a wide margin,and then the Erie coach said his team had never faced a healthy,full rostered team all season,that's very telling to me, throw in the fact they had the best goalie in the tournament by far and home ice to boot where they were solid not great but pretty good,those were the reasons winning and doing 4 straight was telling.The fact Erie compared to their home record was average on the road.Seattle was the weakest of the bunch,the less rested everyone else had a week or more they had 4 days,they were mentally done.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor hasn’t won a playoff series since 2011...

And yet have won the same number of Mem Cups as London since 1
You had your chance in 2014 when hosting and failed miserably.
Why not go back to 9 and 10,stop at 11 to fit your narrative.
We can go on and on or stop here
I am willing to move on are u?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
And yet have won the same number of Mem Cups as London since 1
You had your chance in 2014 when hosting and failed miserably.
Why not go back to 9 and 10,stop at 11 to fit your narrative.
We can go on and on or stop here
I am willing to move on are u?

I wasn't moving the goal posts - I'll leave that to you. It's just significant that they haven't won a single series in seven straight years.

Somehow I am sure that if London and Windsor had their accomplishments swapped, you would be arguing vehemently for Windsor still.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

"I still feel dirty the next day about posting on the Knights board. It was like walking through a field covered in manure"

Comes back to post a few more times. Lmao.

As low quality as our board already is these days, other fanbases coming in here somehow make it even worse.

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
@BoWithNoFlow‏ @bobbywmurray Jul 1

"OHL ALUMNI" #CANADADAY
#TAVARES @91Tavares @DannySyvret @BradMarshNHL
We are finished.
Perfect way to celebrate 1 of Canada's greatest hockey franchises, the
@GoLondonKnights and their esteemed #CAPTAINS over the years.
So much talent wore the "C".
Thanks for the help everyone.

pic.twitter.com/7BdzDHhMCJ
DhCvSlzWAAMZhZk.jpg

Reactions: Fastpace

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Blind resume 10 year sample

Team A
2 championships
6 series victories
2 playoff appearances
4 winning seasons

Team B
1 championship
8 series victories
6 playoff appearances
8 winning seasons

What team would you rather have???

Team A Florida/Miami Marlins
Team B St Louis Cardinals

Reactions: nelli27

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
"I still feel dirty the next day about posting on the Knights board. It was like walking through a field covered in manure"

As low quality as our board already is these days, other fanbases coming in here somehow make it even worse.
Windsor forum can relate same things happen when some others come in

Reactions: randomhero4life

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010

My position isn't that one accomplishment is better than the other, or having a host team and that merit. It's that teams set out to win the Memorial Cup at the start of the year. When teams fall short at the Memorial Cup, the league title is the consolation and it can take a long time to get over the MC loss. Because competitive people want to be the best and beat the best which that tournament represents. I've only see the Spits fall at the Memorial Cup the one time in 88. So having the experience of Knights fans and seeing your team lose on a couple of occasions perhaps might have me view things different on the importance of winning the tournament.

Reactions: randomhero4life

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010

You know I have to keep coming back now right. LMFAO! We're going to be besties Snips!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

It's all normal chirping of two team fan bases in hope by poisoning the other fans it might rub off and slow down the competition team. Nothing doing it's all blown air, no one can take away knights acchievement thus far nor can we disregard what Windsor won their last 10 years.

We seen this before, we're seeing it now and we'll see it again in the future, without ravelry there wouldn't be much to talk about. So we keep on with the chirping and while having fun lets fill this big balloon with empty air. "Drop the puck"

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Help me out with something. The list of captains showed Joe Ranger as the only captain in 1985-1986. Joe would have only 17 that year and only played 36 games that season.
I asked a player who was on that team who was the captain that year and he thought it was Greg Puhulski. Does anyone have any memories of that era?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
When talking to the players the 6 weeks of not playing league action was the 6 most gruelling they had ever experienced,it was not a picnic,and yes they finally got healthy which they weren't all season.And while this won't sway London posters,when the coach of the Q team says that Windsor and Erie were the best teams his club had faced all season by a wide margin,and then the Erie coach said his team had never faced a healthy,full rostered team all season,that's very telling to me, throw in the fact they had the best goalie in the tournament by far and home ice to boot where they were solid not great but pretty good,those were the reasons winning and doing 4 straight was telling.The fact Erie compared to their home record was average on the road.Seattle was the weakest of the bunch,the less rested everyone else had a week or more they had 4 days,they were mentally done.

I don't expect an answer as usual, but your silence will speak volumes as usual. You aren't interested in a conversation, just pimping a organization for some reason ( many know why) so here is ? 100 you havent answered lol. Gotta be a reason why you cant answer direct ?s ever lol (and its obvious)
You have referenced the Q coach mentions Erie/windsor as the best clubs they faced all year..... But did they face London? The team that sat Windsor down ;) And beat the OHL champs 3x in POs and lost in game 7 OT?
As opposed tje team that beat the OHL champs 2X, at home, in a 1 week tourney, with a month to prepare.
Remember WS were up 3-1 in rd 1 but couldn't close the door. Leads me to think they woulda been in tough if they had to beat Erie 4x lol.
We will leave your very public back door host, not deserving of competing posts from previous to Spits back door hosts private for now. And these were pre tourney. Odd how your attitude changed lol.
Funny you only use injuries/ early graduation/moon cycles/schedules ect... as excuses for Spits but no one else.
The more you spin the less cred you have on this board and elsewhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad