Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Patrick Kane Retweeted
Chicago Blackhawks‏Verified account @NHLBlackhawks Jul 15

The Chicago Blackhawks organization was deeply saddened to hear of
Ray Emery’s passing.
We extend our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
The Blackhawks will fondly remember Ray as a fierce competitor,
a good teammate and a Stanley Cup champion.

pic.twitter.com/Q2gm0gG6sZ
DiLZgASX4AE-8rk.jpg

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Foudy still has failed to impress some here

Liam Foudy deserves all the credit he's been getting this year.
He sat patiently on the bench waiting for his chance to show his stuff.
Columbus Blue Jackets with Basil made an excellent pick with Foudy in the 1st Round.
Liam Foudy:
All 25 Goals of his 2018-19 Season with the London Knights.
Check out 7 minutes of this Vid.............Amazing speed, skill and imagination!!

Reactions: Fastpace and cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Liam Foudy deserves all the credit he's been getting this year.
He sat patiently on the bench waiting for his chance to show his stuff.
Columbus Blue Jackets with Basil made an excellent pick with Foudy in the 1st Round.
Liam Foudy:
All 25 Goals of his 2018-19 Season with the London Knights.
Check out 7 minutes of this Vid.............Amazing speed, skill and imagination!!

I called it on this board he would a possible first round pick, great talent.

Reactions: zman77

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Big SO zman77 for that vid post. Sitting on a cranky hot July afternoon and watched them all.

Being a LK fan sure does make a Canadian Winter a heck of a lot better.

Super stoked and looking forward to watching these young kids excel this season.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Well Knight's Watcher that sounds interesting. I can't vision him signing here with his dad in Hamilton but weirder things have happened I guess. I really think it is better for kids to not play for their dads as it is hard for them and it is a distraction on the team even if there is no favoritism it is always underlying in the background.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Well Knight's Watcher that sounds interesting. I can't vision him signing here with his dad in Hamilton but weirder things have happened I guess. I really think it is better for kids to not play for their dads as it is hard for them and it is a distraction on the team even if there is no favoritism it is always underlying in the background.
I agree, I would also like to suggest a dad sees the interest of his son playing for a powerful team with a chance to win it all would be best for him. London will be powerful in contrast to a possible weaker Hamilton team.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Rumor has it that Jon Gruden will be visiting London this week. Let the schmoozing begin.

I think it’s a solid possibility. Even Coach Gruden knows that London is the premier developing team in the OHL for getting to the OHL. Every dad wants the best situation for his son....

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Gruden isnt the head coach for Bulldogs anymore

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Since Mark Hunter is back with the Knights for now watch him bring back Nicholas Mattinen as an o/a d-man. London needs a stay at home defenseman and he might come very cheap.

London traded Mattinen to Flint for two seconds, a third and a conditional third (Mississauga’s) if he plays an overage year. Flint flips Mattinen to Hamilton for a player, a second in 2023 (remember this pick!) and a conditional second if he plays an overage year. Flint would lose a third but gain a second.

London trades Thomas to Hamilton for, among other picks, a third round pick in 2022 which became a second round pick in 2023 (remember that pick?) when Hamilton won the OHL championship.

London and Flint both benefit if Mattinen is an o/a next season. Hamilton has double dipped their second round picks in 2023 and as well have potentially traded away all their second round picks for the next eight years. They will need to sell off their current top end players to recoup the missing picks.

If London were to offer a second and third for Mattinen for next season the net cost would be the second round pick. And if we are going to make a deal with Hamilton then pick me up an Entwhistle while we’re at it. ;)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Since Mark Hunter is back with the Knights for now watch him bring back Nicholas Mattinen as an o/a d-man. London needs a stay at home defenseman and he might come very cheap.

London traded Mattinen to Flint for two seconds, a third and a conditional third (Mississauga’s) if he plays an overage year. Flint flips Mattinen to Hamilton for a player, a second in 2023 (remember this pick!) and a conditional second if he plays an overage year. Flint would lose a third but gain a second.

London trades Thomas to Hamilton for, among other picks, a third round pick in 2022 which became a second round pick in 2023 (remember that pick?) when Hamilton won the OHL championship.

London and Flint both benefit if Mattinen is an o/a next season. Hamilton has double dipped their second round picks in 2023 and as well have potentially traded away all their second round picks for the next eight years. They will need to sell off their current top end players to recoup the missing picks.

If London were to offer a second and third for Mattinen for next season the net cost would be the second round pick. And if we are going to make a deal with Hamilton then pick me up an Entwhistle while we’re at it. ;)

Interesting ideas...We could certainly use a stay-at-home OA d-man like Mattinen. However, that would be yet another right handed d-man. Are there any left-handed OA candidates available at that position? Up front, Entwhistle would be a great pick up.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
lol... you guys are too much!!!
You have 4 2002 signed, at least 5-6 2001 signed, how many 2000 signed, 10?
Where are all of these players playing?
How is it that London can sign player after player that only play a handful of games (if any) in the OHL - having kids give up their NCAA eligibility and it's never mentioned on here?
After every draft we read about how great your draft picks are and yet most of you are ok with some of these kids never getting a fair shake with development ice time in the league...
Goes to show you that some teams just don't care about the amount of $$$ being thrown around to players/agents/etc.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
lol... you guys are too much!!!
You have 4 2002 signed, at least 5-6 2001 signed, how many 2000 signed, 10?
Where are all of these players playing?
How is it that London can sign player after player that only play a handful of games (if any) in the OHL - having kids give up their NCAA eligibility and it's never mentioned on here?
After every draft we read about how great your draft picks are and yet most of you are ok with some of these kids never getting a fair shake with development ice time in the league...
Goes to show you that some teams just don't care about the amount of $$$ being thrown around to players/agents/etc.
winners win:)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Most teams have a bunch of kids they sign that don't get a sniff or play very little. Each team can have the same # of kids on a protected roster, signed or given A cards ( with a bunch of rules with them) Its the same for each team.

But yes London has buried the odd kid, as has every other team.

But if you consistently lie to kids about opportunities/PT ect.. It will effect your ability to recruit so I cant see it being in the long term interest to do as you suggest Insideout. If agents/players took cash n kids never developed cant see parents lining up with them. JMO though. I know I wouldn't let a kid sign with an agent with that track history.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mike Morreale‏Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL 7h7 hours ago

Brady Tkachuk (OTT) is listed on the Boston University team roster for 2018-19,
but he told me he hasn't yet decided where he'll play next season.
He is expected to join Team USA at the World Jr Summer Showcase in Kamloops
later this month.
8:28 AM - 18 Jul 2018

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
July 18, 2018
OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: London Knights

Antonio Stranges Gerard Keane london knights Luke Evangelista
ohl 20 in 20 Prospects Sahil Panwar Sean McGurn

The London Knights were loaded with early picks in the OHL Priority Selection and are poised to build a future around the 2018 draft class.
Three of the club’s choices came within the first 23 picks, more than any other club this season, which they used to select a trio of forwards including Luke Evangelista (14th overall), Antonio Stranges (21st overall), and Sahil Panwar (23rd overall).
Evangelista scored 37 goals with 48 assists for 85 points in 35 games for the OMHA’s Oakville Rangers.
Stranges competed for Detroit Little Caesars with 22 points in 12 games.
Panwar produced 62 points including 23 goals in 50 games for Detroit Honeybaked.
The club then made another American selection in the third round, 42nd overall, choosing defenceman Gerard Keane from Chicago Mission.
All four players have officially committed to the Knights with the announcement made in April just a couple of weeks following the draft.
Evangelista and Panwar will compete at Hockey Canada’s National Men’s Summer Under-17 Development Camp from July 21-27 in Calgary along with third round pick Sean McGurn and defenceman Ben Roger who was chosen in the fourth round.
McGurn was chosen 53rd overall from the Ottawa Jr. Senators, with Roger picked 74th from the Quinte Red Devils.
OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: London Knights – Ontario Hockey League
Click here to see all London Knights 2018 OHL Priority Selection Picks.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I am certain the future is bright for the Knights. On paper this is the best draft I can remember in a long time. If by chance the Russian kid comes, Gruden signs and we get Boqvist, Bouchard and Formenton back this team will be very competitive come Christmas time. Tkachuk and Vlasic would be gifts that I don't expect but I do think maybe an overager on left dee. I would expect Kooy to take over more minutes by Christmas as well . Rayzor and him I predict will steal games when the pups are gripping sticks a little tight. Foudy will score 40 and Dunkley 35-40 and Popov 30 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->