London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
If Guskov doesn't come we might have 2 import dee. Hoping he does come and think that would be awesome but I can see a one and done scenario like Yakapov and that is probably why he fell to us. He needs to play here if the NHL not KHL is his goal. I think Edmonton rushed Nail and probably both he and Galechenyck would have been better off with Sarnia or in the OHL another year. Both were very talented but really haven't showed that at the next level. A change of scenery might work for Galechenyck but it never worked for Yakapov . I remember another kid Hunter drafted Chitov or something and never came here but went to NHL and flamed out early. Think it was with Anaheim or San Jose where he played but it wasn't very long.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
2018 CHL Import Draft Review
By: Brock Otten

In 2016

23 of 30 players selected came to the OHL (76%)
21 of 30 players selected lasted the entire OHL season with their clubs (70%)
12 of 30 (open for debate) of the 28 players had a significant impact on teams (40%)
In 2017
18 of 25 players selected came to the OHL (72%)
16 of 25 players selected lasted the entire OHL season with their clubs (64%)
10 of 25 (open for debate) had a significant impact on their OHL teams (40%)

London Knights - Matvei Guskov - Forward

London opts for Russian center, Matvei Guskov, a standout from this past year's U17's. The 6'1 center led Russia in goals at the event with 4. He also played for Russia at last summer's Hlinka tournament as an underager, scoring two goals. Assuming London hopes the 2001 born, 2019 eligible Guskov can come in and be the team's 3rd line center next year.

Scouting Report: Viktor Fomich says, "Here we have some upside from what I've seen: potentially a complete two-way center, skates well, works hard, isn't afraid to get his nose dirty, already at his age he has some good strength in his game. His father is former Russia NT player Alexander Guskov." Anton Vasyatin says, "Matvei Guskov is one of the best young Russian forwards. He showed terrific hockey IQ and puck skills playing for Team Russia at International tournaments (even with Russia U18, where his partners were one year older) and in the MHL where he represents CSKA Moscow junior team. He is a very agile and quick skater. Reminds me Rangers' 2018 first rounder Vitali Kravtsov. It would be much better if he improvs his game at the faceoff circle, but not so necessary, because he also can easily play as a winger. If Guskov decides to leave Russia to play in the CHL, the next season will be the most important for him if he wants to be drafted in the first round in 2019. I think OHL is the best option as he has no chances to debut in the KHL soon. London Knights is very good organisation for improvement especially in the pre-draft season.

BONUS - London Knights - Adam Boqvist - Defense

Last year the Knights rolled the dice on talented 2018 draft eligible defender Adam Boqvist, who decided to stay in Sweden for his draft year. But London had to know that there was a chance that he'd come over for his draft +1 year and that is the case now. Boqvist has inked his ELC with Chicago and has left Brynas of the SHL. That gave him three options for next year. He could make the NHL squad. Or Chicago could have him play in the AHL. But the 3rd one was sending him to the OHL for a year and that was the selected route with Boqvist signing on with the Knights recently. In London, Boqvist will get top 3 ice time, perhaps more if Evan Bouchard cracks the Edmonton Oilers' roster. This is a massive get for the Knights.
Scouting Report: Future Considerations has Boqvist rated 7th in 2018 and had this to say, "An offensive blueliner who owns a fluid skating stride that allows him to carry the puck coast to coast and be a constant threat with the puck in his possession. He's a natural on the powerplay who can pick apart penalty killers with his crisp and accurate passing and powerful/accurate point shot. However, defensively he can be an adventure. His decision making is too high risk for the defensive zone and he's too passive clearing the front of the net. Offensively, many of his tools are elite, but he needs to add upper body strength to improve defensively. He has the chance to be a difference maker at the next level."
OHL Prospects: 2018 CHL Import Draft Review

Reactions: Drop the Puck

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Ok, but I think we can all agree about the potential of Bouchard as a first round OHL pick.
I’m ok with Coome and Golden as 6-7 guys on a contender. The top 4 ideally would be Bouchard, Boqvist, Regula and a 19yo or OA LH dman. Perrott, Coome, Keane and Golden after that.
Not sure Lochead would be the guy I’d target tho. The Knights have the assets to go bigger than that if it’s a contending season.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Ok, but I think we can all agree about the potential of Bouchard as a first round OHL pick.
I’m ok with Coome and Golden as 6-7 guys on a contender. The top 4 ideally would be Bouchard, Boqvist, Regula and a 19yo or OA LH dman. Perrott, Coome, Keane and Golden after that.
Not sure Lochead would be the guy I’d target tho. The Knights have the assets to go bigger than that if it’s a contending season.
Alex Vlasic shoots 'left'!
Imagine this top 4:
Bouchard, Boqvist, Vlasic, Regula.
(5. Perrott 6. Trade)

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
It would be awesome if Vlasic showed up and Guskov. This team by Christmas would be awesome once all the pups get their feet wet. I really liked what I saw from the 4 16 year olds they signed so it is going to be interesting how they perform under pressure

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
It might be hard to keep Perrott in the # 5 slot as he was coming on gang busters at the end of the year. If Bouchard comes back they could realistically lower his minutes to keep him fresh every game and every shift. Some of his lapses last year I think were due to being mentally tired from 30 minutes + a game

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Alex Vlasic shoots 'left'!
Imagine this top 4:
Bouchard, Boqvist, Vlasic, Regula.
(5. Perrott 6. Trade)

That would be so nice to have Vlasic, Boqvist, Bouchard, and Regula as a top 4. But Vlasic won’t give up a chance to play top minutes on the USNTDP Under 18 team for a top 4 role on the Knights. His draft stock could take a hit if he came over, but then again scouts seem to love our players, so maybe not ;)

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
LK could make a legit run at a championship this year! Vlasic is highly doubtful for this year – USNTD had 15 players (?) selected this past draft. I could see him coming to the LK next year.
IMO the best and least expensive way to shore up the top 4 or 5 dm spot is with an oa. Especially, if Bouchard does not return, Dale should seriously consider Lochead. He is a left hand shot, brings a lot of experience and has plenty of skill to go with his old time hockey mentality and physicality (hitting and fighting).

horner

May 22, 2007
It might be hard to keep Perrott in the # 5 slot as he was coming on gang busters at the end of the year. If Bouchard comes back they could realistically lower his minutes to keep him fresh every game and every shift. Some of his lapses last year I think were due to being mentally tired from 30 minutes + a game
Perrot was amazing last yr for a rookie.
This kid is going to be a shut down hard hitting skilled dman.
I want the Leafs to draft him next yr.
If he isn't already gone in the first round.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
ljNlwjNk_bigger.jpg
Brendan Ross ‏ @RossyYoungblood 15h15 hours ago

Brendan Ross Retweeted Neutral Zone

#Knights prospects Dane Dowiak & Avery Winslow representing well
Gerard Keane with an AS worthy performance as well

https://twitter.com/_neutral_zone/status/1017770027989204993 …
Brendan Ross added,
Dh_YaD0VMAAsbS9.jpg

Neutral Zone @_Neutral_Zone
1f3d2.png
All Star Game at last day of Select 16 Development Camp.
pic.twitter.com/bs8eATqFNF

Reactions: Fastpace

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
well it's July 16 and Mark Hunter is free from contractual obligations. Which team will he grace his presence with?

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad