London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I do think there is more to discuss than the 10000 goal, who really cares!!!!!! there are a couple of more important things to discuss!!!!! We are so close to opening knight surely someone has more to say than that!!!! I think Kooy should be the starter, keep Turko and Tymkin both add GRIT!!!!!, keep Boqvist and Kolyachonok, defence wins championships!!!!!!!, plus we have many talented 16 year olds. Could they pick up the scoring abilities of Guskov????

Ryan Hare

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
4mWJshuj_bigger.jpg
Ryan McKenna‏Verified account @RyanBMcKenna 5h5 hours ago

Sixteen hockey sticks line up outside the front door at Elgar Peterson Arena
ahead of tonight’s Humboldt Broncos home opener.

pic.twitter.com/buueUcJSFn
Dm6pJYeXoAEFPz2.jpg

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
First-rounder Rowe ready for his Knights do-over after rookie struggles

By Ryan Pyette
Updated: September 12, 2018

Lucas Rowe endured a difficult first OHL season.
He has put a lot of time and effort into proving he has put it behind him.
The Knights’ 2017 first-round pick trained in the long off-season with Matt Nichol’s famous BioSteel program in Toronto. Every Wednesday, he hit the ice at the Maple Leafs practice facility in Etobicoke with skating guru Dawn Braid, the NHL’s first full-time female coach for the Arizona Coyotes.
“Last year, it was not what I expected,” the 17-year-old forward said. “I didn’t think it would be that tough. I definitely learned a lot about what I had to do this summer. I feel stronger and faster, better, in total.
“Hopefully, this year will be a lot better.”
He finally recorded his first OHL goal — and point — in a spirited effort at the Kitchener Aud shortly after the mid-season trade deadline in January. He picked up his second point the following week in London in a rematch with the Rangers, the same game he suffered a shoulder injury as the fall-out from a fight with former Jr. Knight Eric Guest.
That cost him nearly two months and all of his momentum.
“It was devastating for me,” Rowe said. “Finally, a point in (Kitchener) and then a point that game. Just to be out after it felt like everything was coming along, there’s not much to say. I was speechless.
“I’d cry at nights and stuff.”
Eventually, he had to pick himself up and re-gain some swagger.
Knights trainer Doug Stacey provided a big boost during his frustrating rehabilitation. So did his teammates, the coaching staff and everyone else who never lost hope in his on-ice ability.
These two exhibition games against Erie — Friday at Budweiser Gardens and Saturday in Komoka — mean everything to players like Rowe.
The Knights brass are interested to see how he will respond.
“He’s in good shape and he’s in a battle with all these other kids,” London coach Dale Hunter said. “He’s going to play a lot the next few days because the older kids are gone at NHL camps. He’s got a good chance to show his stuff.”
Rowe, and everyone else in the Knights room, watched what happened to Liam Foudy in his second season. He needed a year and a half to turn on his jets and his strong play down the stretch was rewarded handsomely by the Blue Jackets.
“He wasn’t on many scouting lists at the start,” Rowe said, “and then you see that throughout the year, when he reached the mid-way point, he was executing everything and now he’s an NHL first-rounder. That helped my own confidence a lot knowing it’s not over for me yet.”
When he arrived a year ago, the Knights were a veteran team. Now, Rowe is surrounded by players his age or even younger.
“It’s awesome,” he said. “We have a strong team this year and I’ll be there for them if they have a tough time because I went through it.
“It’s going to be a fun year.”

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

By Ryan Pyette
Updated: September 12, 2018

Lucas Rowe endured a difficult first OHL season.
He has put a lot of time and effort into proving he has put it behind him.
The Knights’ 2017 first-round pick trained in the long off-season with Matt Nichol’s famous BioSteel program in Toronto. Every Wednesday, he hit the ice at the Maple Leafs practice facility in Etobicoke with skating guru Dawn Braid, the NHL’s first full-time female coach for the Arizona Coyotes.
“Last year, it was not what I expected,” the 17-year-old forward said. “I didn’t think it would be that tough. I definitely learned a lot about what I had to do this summer. I feel stronger and faster, better, in total.
“Hopefully, this year will be a lot better.”
He finally recorded his first OHL goal — and point — in a spirited effort at the Kitchener Aud shortly after the mid-season trade deadline in January. He picked up his second point the following week in London in a rematch with the Rangers, the same game he suffered a shoulder injury as the fall-out from a fight with former Jr. Knight Eric Guest.
That cost him nearly two months and all of his momentum.
“It was devastating for me,” Rowe said. “Finally, a point in (Kitchener) and then a point that game. Just to be out after it felt like everything was coming along, there’s not much to say. I was speechless.
“I’d cry at nights and stuff.”
Eventually, he had to pick himself up and re-gain some swagger.
Knights trainer Doug Stacey provided a big boost during his frustrating rehabilitation. So did his teammates, the coaching staff and everyone else who never lost hope in his on-ice ability.
These two exhibition games against Erie — Friday at Budweiser Gardens and Saturday in Komoka — mean everything to players like Rowe.
The Knights brass are interested to see how he will respond.
“He’s in good shape and he’s in a battle with all these other kids,” London coach Dale Hunter said. “He’s going to play a lot the next few days because the older kids are gone at NHL camps. He’s got a good chance to show his stuff.”
Rowe, and everyone else in the Knights room, watched what happened to Liam Foudy in his second season. He needed a year and a half to turn on his jets and his strong play down the stretch was rewarded handsomely by the Blue Jackets.
“He wasn’t on many scouting lists at the start,” Rowe said, “and then you see that throughout the year, when he reached the mid-way point, he was executing everything and now he’s an NHL first-rounder. That helped my own confidence a lot knowing it’s not over for me yet.”
When he arrived a year ago, the Knights were a veteran team. Now, Rowe is surrounded by players his age or even younger.
“It’s awesome,” he said. “We have a strong team this year and I’ll be there for them if they have a tough time because I went through it.
“It’s going to be a fun year.”
I hope he gets lots of ice and an opportunity to showcase his ability this weekend

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77
GOAL
1ST 1:19
#22 Robb Palahnuk (12) scores. Assists: #23 Preston Mizzi, #15 Alexander Buturlin POWER PLAY
GOAL
1ST 7:18
#19 Lou Dickenson (12) scores. Assists: #7 Joel Scherban, #4 Dan Jancevski POWER PLAY
GOAL
1ST 8:09
#14 Mike Stathopoulos (12) scores. Assists: #4 Dan Jancevski, #10 Aaron Lobb POWER PLAY
GOAL
2ND 4:49
#44 John Eminger (4) scores. Assists: #11 Chris Kelly, #24 Andy Burnham GAME WINNING
+/-
GOAL
2ND 14:30
#23 Preston Mizzi (8) scores. Assists: #4 Julius Halfkenny, #15 Alexander Buturlin POWER PLAY
GOAL
2ND 18:16
#14 Mike Stathopoulos (13) scores. Assists: #11 Chris Kelly, #35 Aaron Molnar POWER PLAYINSURANCE GOAL
GOAL
3RD 19:30
#7 Joel Scherban (9) scores. Assists: #11 Chris Kelly, #14 Mike Stathopoulos EMPTY NET
+/-

Care to show me Nash scoring on that score sheet

take your time

Reactions: zman77

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
With Rymsha signing with LA last week and Ben Gleason signing with Dallas today, London can kiss goodbye the two third round draft picks if both were O/A’s this year.
Oh well, at least we still keep the two 15th round picks. Good for flier picks. :cool:

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Top prospects for Columbus Blue Jackets

Abramov, Davidsson poised to make jump this season

by Craig Merz / NHL.com Correspondent
#2. Liam Foudy, F

How acquired:
Selected with No. 18 pick in 2018 NHL Draft
Last season: London (OHL): 65 GP, 24-16-40
Foudy is a late bloomer, and it surprised many that he was drafted so high, but the 18-year-old has a lot of upside, particularly his acceleration. He had 29 points (18 goals, 11 assists) in his final 24 games last season after earning more ice time.
Although he can outskate most of his peers, Foudy's finishing needs work if he's going to develop into an NHL regular.
"I know I'm a first-round pick and there's a lot of attention on me," he said. "I try not to think about it too much."
Foudy (6-0, 175) credits his early years of competing in track for helping him handle pressure. His mother, France Gareau, won a silver medal with Canada's 4x100-meter relay team at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics.
"In track, unless you're on a relay, it's just you out there," Foudy said. "You may be part of a team, but what you do in your event relies on what you do. There's no one there to help you when you're in the middle of competing."
Projected arrival: Next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad