London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Here's what actually happened tonight, and how the players fared...
5-0 Knights.
Springer with the shutout. Who? I said 'Springer'. Springer who? I don't know, his name's Springer.
Murphy with the start for Erie.
Drysdale not in the lineup for the Otters--I was hoping to get a look at the rookie.
London Scratches: Evangelista, Dunkley, Perrott, Cottam, Golden, plus the players at NHL camps.
Yes, Keane had a slow start, not a good first period, but he did not look out of place in the final two periods. I think he has a bright future.
Fallowfield may have just solidified a spot on D--he was solid.
L. Whittaker with a goal, and will challenge for a spot on D. Good skating d-man.
I'm still not sold on Bangs--e.g. he gave the puck away, and the Otters went in on a dangerous 2 on 1. As it turned out, Bangs made a nice defensive play to break up the scoring chance, but he also caused it.
Pierce played well; I have no issues with his skating, and he seemed involved in much of the play--in a good way. He has a chance to crack the lineup.
Stranges with the interception, and scores on the breakaway. He's worth the price of admission alone.
Panwar plays with a lot of poise...nice assist.
Tymkin "don't call me 'hands of stone' Nelli" with a goal and a few assists, and a couple of big hits.
One fight: Coome vs. #2, K..........
I can't think of one player who stood out for their (consistently) poor play.
Solid overall team effort.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
All around good game by the rookies and it looks like Springer is the number 3 goalie for sure now.

Springer is an OAer. Wouldn't London want to give one of their younger goalies a shot instead? Especially since they'll need to be looking for a new backup starting next year with Raaymakers moving on?

Reactions: LDN
Keane was the best D-man on the ice last night, big things from this kid in the future. Shook off some early jitters and played very well for 16. Poise, knows when to step up, good decisions in the zone, a goaltenders dream defender. I saw 4 D-men last night better than #42 and 2-3 years younger.

Pierce has no game at this level unless he's along the boards. About 4 steps too slow. Almost painful to watch. Sorry kid

Duhart played well, gonna be hard to move a kid like that.

Whittaker,Bangs and Fallowfield will likely all be finding new homes along with Cottam

Springer played very well, but he's 20..you expect that even from a career Jr B player. Not the 1st time I've seen him play, I knew what I was gonna see and he delivered.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Keane was the best D-man on the ice last night, big things from this kid in the future. Poise, knows when to step up, good decisions in the zone, a goaltenders dream defender. I saw 4 D-men last night better than #42 and 2-3 years younger.

I agree, he looked very confident and alert, could be our next Danny Syvret

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
zRly3XLE_bigger.jpg
Chris Tierney‏Verified account @tierney71 22h22 hours ago

Very excited to get into Ottawa and start things off!
Looking forward to meeting my new teammates and playing in front of such
passionate hockey fans!
Can’t wait to see what this team can do
#SensArmy

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brendan Ross Retweeted
NHL Public Relations‏Verified account @PR_NHL 19h19 hours ago

NHL Public Relations Retweeted Toronto Maple Leafs
We
1f440.png
three former
@GoLondonKnights expected to be in Lucan for #KraftHockeyville.
https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1040692097270120448
NHL Public Relations added,
DnFH8QLVsAEaFTQ.jpg

Toronto Maple LeafsVerified account @MapleLeafs
Look forward to seeing these Leafs veterans in Lucan at next week’s @hockeyville game! The full lineup will be released closer to the game. …

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think its obviously super early and still preseason so its hard to predict, but I can see London, Saginaw, Oshawa, Ottawa being some of the top teams..While I think the teams that will be rebuilding are Mississauga, Kingston, Sarnia, Erie, Hamilton ....
This will be key for us later when we want to acquire some big pieces from these teams ...I look at Jason Robertson (1999 Kingston RW 6'2" 200lbs), Ryan McLeod ( 1999 Mississauga C 6'3" 208lbs), Theo Calvas (1998OA Sarnia D 6'5" 216lbs or Entwistle/Strome/Kaliyev(All big wingers from Hamilton).....
I guess before we make any decisions we gotta wait on the NHL camps and hope that we can get back Bouchard, Boqvist, Formenton and that somehow by some magic Tkachuck doesnt make the Sens and comes to dominate the OHL lol...But hey if they all make it we will just have to spend some assets to go for it this season

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alex Formenton’s speed continues to raise eyebrows.
by Ken Warren
“He makes a few guys look like cones out there,” Ottawa Senators coach Guy Boucher said of Formenton, who scored during Saturday’s intrasquad scrimmage. “It’s not the guys’ fault. It’s just that he’s so impressive. If you give this guy a bit of room and you didn’t gap up well, goodbye. A few of our older guys are finding that out.”
The idea of a Senators rebuild is just fine with Formenton, who got a prime spot on a line with Matt Duchene and Ryan Dzingel on Saturday.
It’s highly unusual for a guy with one game of NHL experience — he turned 19 on Thursday — to receive such a prized position.
“You see the opportunity is there, and you work towards that opportunity and make the most of it,” he said. “But you try to put that in the back of your head and just work hard. The lines are going to change every day and they are going to try different stuff.”
Formenton fast becoming part of the Senators’ roster picture

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN
It wouldn't shock me if Ottawa went with 3 rooks on a line in Tkachuk,Formenton and Drake Batherson. Edmonton will keep Bochard and ruin him in less than a year, it seems to be what that franchise thrives on.

A lot of talent on the ice right now for the Knights...I still see no room for some underachieving vets especially in the D slot. Trade 'em while you can Mark.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If you humiliate a team of veterans once, very hard to do it a second time in a row. It sounds like Erie and their vets were ready to start the game last night our kids were not, but they did make a game of it and almost pulled it off with junior Bs goalies in net. Even without NHLrs back this team is still dangerous

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Im expecting Formenton, Tkachuk, Bouchard to be taking flights to away games as opposed to buses.
Same old same old in the Forest city.
Next up! No excuses, play with who ya got.

Nice assessment aresknights.
imho:
Formenton is a player who will be playing for the Senators this season...........he's that good!
Bouchard will probably get a 9 game stint with the Oilers.
Tkachuk will get a long look but not a sure thing.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Stron-jeez is gonna be fun to watch this year
Kid has skills. And great edgework, great feet.
And the fact WR, 2 hrs west down the 401, was pissed LK snagged him makes me hope even more he becomes a difference maker in this league..
Showed good anticipation/awareness setting himself up Friday night for that goal.

Im just hoping its not Bracco 2.0 ;) but more like MM lite ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: sbpointer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad