London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What is it to expect from a 16 yr old rookie playing limited role and ice time, nothing wrong with under develop Rowe at all.

I was just pointing out the varieties of talents at draft from season to season and the late position the Knights are drafting each year, weaker draft pool and the order of picks can sometime explain some of the Knights less talented first round picks
Lets hope that the Knights do whats best for Lucas Rowe and themselves....this is what I like about this organization..they look out for the players

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I don't think Rowe is a problem at all. They were breaking him in normally and then unfortunately he got hurt and missed the last half. We traded 4 players at the deadline to get Foudy and Moskal et al playing time which also included him. I agree with what was said about where the Knights draft in order. They normally don't get a shot in the first round until the end of the round. That is why they trade their seconds and end up with picks like Sudbury's and Peterborough's this year. They were like 21 and 23 overall in a loaded deep draft. When we did have a top 10 pick in round one we ended u with Bo Horvat. Earlier on Rick Nash and Corey Perry were drafted with high picks but not many Mitch Marners are still around at 18-20. We never get a shot at the Aaaron Ekblads and Connor McDavids and the Knight's success is directly correlated with their diligent work in scouting.

I don't have a problem with any player "finding their way". What I do have a problem with is a player and their camp stating numerous times they feel they are not getting a fair shake. Once that happens, and has happened in Rowe's case based on numerous reports, I say see ya. It's happened in the past and players were sent packing, I'd like to see that precedent still followed.

Otto: Trevor Kell

Last edited:

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Breaking Rowe in normally? If you look at other teams their first rounders played almost every game. How many games did he play up until he got hurt in late January? Don't use him getting hurt as an excuse, London didn't play Rowe for a reason and I agree with the above poster he is his worst enemy.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Breaking Rowe in normally? If you look at other teams their first rounders played almost every game. How many games did he play up until he got hurt in late January? Don't use him getting hurt as an excuse, London didn't play Rowe for a reason and I agree with the above poster he is his worst enemy.

If you havent noticed not many teams in the O are on London's level in regards to young talent
As for getting hurt yah its not easy or wise for his career to play with a bad shoulder would you want to risk your future if you were Rowe???

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I remember only two years ago of how many on this board were on Foudy's case, even at the start of last season there were some negative saying about him ; "the kid can't stand on his own two feet" or "can't see Foudy going anywhere" but once he got to play minutes as soon as he developed a bit and start producing the same posters all changed their tunes about him. Are we hearing that same tune again about Rowe, this is junior hockey where players are picked up as skinny under developed kids and sent away as fully grown men pro hockey players.

Reactions: zman77

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I'm not saying risk his future, I'm stating a fact that before his injury he got minimal ice time as a first rounder compared to many others.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I remember only two years ago of how many on this board were on Foudy's case, even at the start of last season there were some negative saying about him ; "the kid can't stand on his own two feet" or "can't see Foudy going anywhere" but once he got to play minutes as soon as he developed a bit and start producing the same posters all changed their tunes about him. Are we hearing that same tune again about Rowe, this is junior hockey where players are picked up as skinny under developed kids and sent away as fully grown men pro hockey players.

Entirely different situations. Non comparable IMO.
And I for one haven't changed my tune ;)
He was effective, based on his skills he excels at but still lots of room to grow in many areas of the game.

Reactions: TragHipDieHard

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Remember a centre London traded for who had a "involved" dad. My kid needs more PP ect... Moved on.

The list includes many others for one reason or another. Even kids with talent. Aliu, Fox.........

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Entirely different situations. Non comparable IMO.
And I for one haven't changed my tune ;)
He was effective, based on his skills he excels at but still lots of room to grow in many areas of the game.

You are right, you are not one who was singing the low tune, I remember some of your posts. Yes Foudy’s development is nowhere near complete and much more seasoning work is needing to be done yet, but he has come a long way in a very short while since the end of November of last year

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You are right, you are not one who was singing the low tune, I remember some of your posts. Yes Foudy’s development is nowhere near complete and much more seasoning work is needing to be done yet, but he has come a long way in a very short while since the end of November of last year

Yes but rookie PT and reasons for it (Rowe/Foudy) were not comparables as you suggested in the post I responded to. . That's what i was getting at. Different reasons.
And I was lnt high on Foudy after year 1. Im still not sold but he did make the most of his 1 best skill. My thoughts on him as a player are still pretty much the same until he shows me otherwise.
As a comparable I never had the same concerns with Formenton in draft year.

pelangio

Aug 13, 2013
I do think there is more to discuss than the 10000 goal, who really cares!!!!!! there are a couple of more important things to discuss!!!!! We are so close to opening knight surely someone has more to say than that!!!! I think Kooy should be the starter, keep Turko and Tymkin both add GRIT!!!!!, keep Boqvist and Kolyachonok, defence wins championships!!!!!!!, plus we have many talented 16 year olds. Could they pick up the scoring abilities of Guskov????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad