London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I've come to terms with Formenton and Tkachuk sticking. At this point it's probably best to view them as a bonus if they come back.

Still think Bouchard comes back though. His defensive game needs a ton of work so regardless of Edmonton's needs he should be in the green and gold.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No doubt the window to see Formenton back in London is small as he has the speed and the defensive knowledge to stay at the NHL level but does he have the finishing touch around the net to stay there? It's one thing having some success playing junior and rookie pro camps but playing at higher level against pro's is another thing all together. We'll see how he and the rest of the Knights still at NHL camps are doing once the regular season starts.

Even Tkachuk could be sent down to AHL or junior ranks, both he and Formenton still needs lots of work on their offensive side of the puck and you kind of need it if you are going to be top six minutes in the NHL

Reactions: LKfan and zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
No doubt the window to see Formenton back in London is small as he has the speed and the defensive knowledge to stay at the NHL level but does he have the finishing touch around the net to stay there? It's one thing having some success playing junior and rookie pro camps but playing at higher level against pro's is another thing all together. We'll see how he and the rest of the Knights still at NHL camps are doing once the regular season starts.

Even Tkachuk could be sent down to AHL or junior ranks, both he and Formenton still needs lots of work on their offensive side of the puck and you kind of need it if you are going to be top six minutes in the NHL

The thing that worries me with Formenton is the most points he’s had in one season in the OHL is 48 point albeit in 48 games. That was his best season. From a Senators standpoint, I would want him to go down and dominate junior put up 80-90 points while possibly captain the WJC Team. I wanna see him be more consistent in the regular season for durability purposes. We seen it in the post-season, but can we see it in both?? Depending on where he plays, could determine what role he plays. Does he want a Top six role, or bottom six role??

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The thing that worries me with Formenton is the most points he’s had in one season in the OHL is 48 point albeit in 48 games. That was his best season. From a Senators standpoint, I would want him to go down and dominate junior put up 80-90 points while possibly captain the WJC Team. I wanna see him be more consistent in the regular season for durability purposes. We seen it in the post-season, but can we see it in both?? Depending on where he plays, could determine what role he plays. Does he want a Top six role, or bottom six role??

The only thing Formenton can do at the moment is showcase his best assets, he has no say of what role or where in Ottawa lineup he stands on their charts. It's all up to the Sens brass where he will play this year or even if he'll be part of the Canadian team, now I have never seen a team preventing a player representing his country but after all he did sign an ELC with the Sens.

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
We will have to wait and see what happens. In the meantime release the pups and turn them loose. I can honestly say I have not been this excited about and incoming class of rookies and rookie imports in eons. It is making it tough to decide on which import to keep and what rookies to play unless you listen to Shane Walsh and some of our kids are horrible. Funny I only missed one game Saturday night and what I have seen so far has been impressive especially with playing Jr B goalies. I understand they are kids and they WILL make mistakes sure a shit in a hound but they seem to be in position all the time. I am impressed with their grasp of their defensive responsibilities which seems to be innate. They seemed very position ally sound Friday night and if and when the boys start coming back from pro camps decisions are going to have to be made.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Wild reduces training camp roster to 55 players

Golden returned and back to his spot on the trade block.

Not too sure the Knights really want to part with Golden just yet, unless of course they get a similar deal to the one they got for Mattinen last year. Golden was playing his best hockey the last two months of the season and the 4 playoffs games, he may turn out to be more valuable then we think with an other year behind him.

Reactions: zman77

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Wild reduces training camp roster to 55 players

Golden returned and back to his spot on the trade block.

Also looks like McGurn, Pierce and Whittaker have been reassigned.

When the dust settles, I think Formenton and Bouchard stick in the NHL permanently.

Still leaves 15 forwards and 10 D.

Nelson, Cottam, Kolyachonok and Bangs are probably on the way out soon.

Tymkin, Rowe, Golden, Coome, Fallowfield - any number of those would also be on the way out some time.

Pretty young team. At the end of the year there will be three or four older teams going for it as we see every year. London should be in the mix, but not really a true “go for it” year imo.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Jonathan Gruden was selected the second pick in the fourth round by Ottawa.
By all accounts he has been very average at training camp.
Assume for a minute that the Senators throw him a bone and offer him a contract.
Tkachuk could not play Boston U once he signed with Ottawa.
Likewise, Gruden could not play for Miami if he signs an elc.
The options for him this season would be very limited.
London anyone?

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
If he signed with Ottawa now, he’d be in London because an 18 year old fourth rounder won’t turn pro immediately.

But why would Ottawa sign him now if he’s been average?

Probably in both Ottawa and Gruden’s best interest to play NCAA, especially if he hasn’t had a good camp.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Jonathan Gruden was selected the second pick in the fourth round by Ottawa.
By all accounts he has been very average at training camp.
Assume for a minute that the Senators throw him a bone and offer him a contract.
Tkachuk could not play Boston U once he signed with Ottawa.
Likewise, Gruden could not play for Miami if he signs an elc.
The options for him this season would be very limited.
London anyone?
Gruden has been at Miami OH for over a month and is unlikely to sign with Ottawa. Yes, in your scenario, London is the only tangible option but a very remote chance of this coming to fruition.

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
gZkZct2z_bigger.jpg
Paul Hendrick‏ @HennyTweets 12h12 hours ago

Leafs roster for Lucan tomorrow night:

Hainsey, Dermott, Rielly,. Subban, Holl, Borgman, Niielsen, Hyman, Cracknell,
Marner, Grundstrom, Brown, Leivo, Timashov, T. Moore, Kadri, Mueller,
Emerson Clark, S.D Arguchintsev, Tavares, McElhinney, Sparks.

#tmltalk

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Guy Boucher ready for the challenge ahead

Bruce Garrioch
LONDON — Guy Boucher is all in.
As training camp shifts into high gear with the opening of pre-season Tuesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs in nearby Lucan, Ont., the Ottawa Senators’ coach is excited by what he’s seen from the group of 56 players in camp and now he’s ready to see which players are ready to take the next step.
Yes, there are lots of questions about the club’s rebuild after the Senators dealt captain Erik Karlsson to the San Jose Sharks last week in a massive deal, however, Boucher likes the prospects and he’s prepared for the challenge with a lineup that will see no shortage of new faces this season.
All eyes through the pre-season will be on the likes of top selection Brady Tkachuk along with prospects Alex Formenton, Drake Batherson, Colin White, Filip Chlapik, Christian Wolanin and Christian Jaros to see if they’re ready to make the next step to the NHL.
Though the fanbase is concerned about this rebuild, Boucher told this newspaper in a one-on-one interview he’s excited.
“I’ve lived it before at different levels” Boucher said on the weekend. “As long as you know that’s what you’re doing, and you’re not lying to yourself or the public or everybody, that what you’re doing is growing.
“I remember in junior, after my first year in Drummondville, we felt we were going to have an average team and we decided, ‘Let’s go for it’. We went with 15 rookies, we traded away some guys, we knew it would hurt and it was difficult, but because we said that we were going to groom our young guys the barn was full all year. We never won but it was a great year.
“Everybody was on the same page and everybody knew we were going and guess what happened? The year after that we won the championship and we broke 31 records — offensive records of all kinds.”
But this is going to be a lot different than junior for Boucher because this is a rebuild that needs to be sold publicly. The fanbase isn’t pleased that Karlsson was dealt for a package that’s most made up picks and prospects. The decision has been made to take a step back to try to take a step forward.
However, Boucher is hopeful that the group assembled is able to gel together quickly to get the job done. He’s appreciated the attitude of the young players and is hopeful they’ll be able to make the next step to be ready for opening night Oct. 4th against the Chicago Blackhawks.
“As much as we’ve heard we’re going to have a lot of new players and young kids, some are clear because they’re trades and the guys are here, but you’re not going to have a young guy just because you want to have a young guy in the lineup. The kid has got to be ready,” Boucher said.
“It doesn’t mean he’s going to be perfect NHLer. You’re not looking for that, you’re looking to see the increments in his learning, growth and confidence. When you see that you can make a projection that in ‘X’ amount of time it will be good for him and good for the team. That’s why you need some time.
“They’re just kids — but some of these kids they just have it right away and they’re pros in their minds already. They get here first, leave last, in the gym and you never have to tell them when things are at. Those things don’t lie.”
Guy Boucher ready for the challenge ahead

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (Lucan, Ont.)
Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2018
Ottawa Senators training camp roster for Tuesday, Sept. 18 (subject to change)

No. Goaltenders Pos. Ht. Wt. Age 2017-18 Team(s)
1 Condon, Mike G 6-2 190 28 Ottawa (NHL)
30 Gustavsson, Filip * G 6-0 197 20 Luleå (Swe-Jr.), Luleå (SHL), Belleville (AHL)
35 Hogberg, Marcus G 6-5 217 23 Brampton (ECHL), Belleville (AHL)

No. Defencemen Pos. Ht. Wt. Age 2017-18 Team(s)
2 DeMelo, Dylan D 6-1 195 25 San Jose (NHL)
6 Wideman, Chris D 5-10 181 28 Ottawa (NHL)
46 Burgdoerfer, Erik D 6-1 208 29 Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
50 Sieloff, Patrick D 6-1 207 24 Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
72 Chabot, Thomas D 6-2 190 21 Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
74 Borowiecki, Mark D 6-1 207 29 Ottawa (NHL)
86 Wolanin, Christian D 6-1 190 23 North Dakota (NCHC), Ottawa (NHL)

No. Forwards Pos. Ht. Wt. Age 2017-18 Team(s)
9 Ryan, Bobby RW 6-2 206 31 Ottawa (NHL)
10 Pyatt, Tom LW 5-11 190 31 Ottawa (NHL)
13 Paul, Nick LW 6-3 219 23 Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
18 Dzingel, Ryan LW 6-0 188 26 Ottawa (NHL)
21 Brown, Logan * C 6-6 223 20 Windsor (OHL), Kitchener (OHL), Ottawa (NHL)
23 Balisy, Chase C 5-11 180 26 Springfield (AHL), Florida (NHL)
36 White, Colin * C 6-1 190 21 Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
49 Tambellini, Adam LW 6-4 191 23 Hartford (AHL)
53 Rodewald, Jack RW 6-3 190 24 Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
57 Leier, Boston * LW 5-11 197 25 Acadia (AUS), Belleville (AHL)
59 Formenton, Alex * LW 6-2 174 19 London (OHL), Belleville (AHL), Ottawa (NHL)
79 Batherson, Drake * RW 6-3 197 20 Cape Breton (QMJHL), Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL)
85 Scarfo, Ryan * LW 5-11 193 24 Union (ECAC), Belleville (AHL)
89 Boedker, Mikkel LW 5-11 207 28 San Jose (NHL)
95 Duchene, Matt C 6-0 205 27 Colorado (NHL), Ottawa (NHL)
* participated in Senators rookie camp and tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad