London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I agree to disagree on Rowe. Much like everybody tried to drop the ball on Foudy. Nope him and DuHart are keepers. Tymkin could be a valuable asset if he doesn't take stupid penalities like he did towards the end of the season and playoffs last ytear except you have Stranges,Panwar, Evangilista,Rowe and Duhart in the mix. That said he could bring a decent return so move him. With little to no left defence you either have to try Bangs or Whitaker there or trade for an OA or 19 year old guy in the mould of a Shane Collins or Adam Graves but only from the left side. If Bouchard is back we will him,Boqvist, Regula, Perrott, Coome, Fallowfield, Bangs, Whittaker,Golden and Keane basically fighting for playing time and a roster spot. If you add anything to the backend then somethng really has to give . I would bet Mark, Dale and Rob and the coaching staff have had intensive meetings to this effect this last week for sure next week heading into camp. If thgey are looking to add a couple OA's or veterans they would have had had their scouts involved as well. If we get Tkachuck, Formenton and Bouchard back this team is deep but young with a tremendous amount of talent. By the time the World Juniors roll around they will know what needs to be added or subtracted to make this team a force for seasons to come. Hunter Group thinks much like a good Chess player moves ahead and down the road.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't see Tymkin or Rowe moving due to the lack of RW depth. Cottam I just don't see any fit for at all

I'll start by saying that's pretty much the list I would have. I swapped Bangs for Coome, but Coome is a bigger local guy so maybe he gets the edge. I'd actually have more names on it, but obviously for depth purposes not all of them would likely end up getting traded. Tymkin is the one guy I can see not getting dealt assuming nobody else comes in to replace him (i.e. an OA RW).

The "problem" is that London has is that they have a long list of guys ready for a chance. Rowe did not impress many people last year, and that plays against him now that they did add Evangelista and there are prospects like Pierce ready for their chance in a 4th line/depth role (which is really the role Rowe would have to fight for right now).

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I also see Popov traded if he doesn’t find consistency along with McMichael who needs to have a big year. Rowe will have a short leash, so we’ll see how that pains out, but I’m guessing they don’t move anyone till they know if Formenton, Tkachuk or Bouchard come back....

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
I also see Popov traded if he doesn’t find consistency along with McMichael who needs to have a big year. Rowe will have a short leash, so we’ll see how that pains out, but I’m guessing they don’t move anyone till they know if Formenton, Tkachuk or Bouchard come back....
I am surprise Bang's made the team last year. Also Josh Nelson has been underperforming. Thats my list, Turko and Moskal all need to be moved.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I am surprise Bang's made the team last year. Also Josh Nelson has been underperforming. Thats my list, Turko and Moskal all need to be moved.

bangs played 7 ohl games and the rest with st thomas in jr b. moskal was one of the most relied on centres come playoffs

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I would be shocked as hell to see McMichael or Moskal moved and really can’t see Popov changing scenery especially with Gustev coming. Nelson and Turkish are both good players but it could come down to a numbers game. Hunters will do what is best for the player moving forward. They always seem to do that . Trading Valetti, Rymsha, Nother, Gleason and Blacker was to give them a chance to prove themselves

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Moskal ? On your the trading list, who want's him better have five second round picks and a couple prospects, if that don't make sense, so is Moskal on a trading list

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Based on the rumblings of transgressions during last season..I see Rowe and Tymkin as the first 2 moved.

Tymkin has some value,and while physicality in the O is not near as it used to be,it helps to some hitting ability in the lineup,if moved would probably save Turko's job though he is not as good as Tymkin.
As for Rowe could be very difficult to move,unless Knights can convince a team to take the Gold package designation that Rowe takes with him and London pays the 4 year education package should Rowe flameout,teams have done those type of deals in the past,trick is finding a team willing to the take the designation for the next 3 years,team can only have 7 at any given time.I don't see a team doing anything else but the scenario listed above.
As for Cottam, Fallowfield and perhaps Turko on your list of expendables, neither would fetch a hockey puck let alone a draft pick ,they would all clear waivers,head to the Q or school,all 99 born players lacking sufficient skills to help anyone at this time.As mentioned Turko's physical play would help should Tymkin be moved as u indicated.

horner

May 22, 2007
I am surprise Bang's made the team last year. Also Josh Nelson has been underperforming. Thats my list, Turko and Moskal all need to be moved.[/QUOTE
What has moskal done to be traded .

I thing hunter will disagree with you.

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
Well he played the full season last year and scored 7 goals. Was shut out by Owen Sound in the playoffs.
Granted hes good on face offs and skates very well but he lacks physicality and tends to shy away from it. Unless your an elite player your not going anywhere if you shy away from the physical stuff at higher levels. Second his hands are below OHL average. Not to say he cant develop, he will but for me there is a big question mark there. Both Hunters who I had the pleasure to watch in the NHL were extremely physical players yet skilled.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Got to evolve
Well he played the full season last year and scored 7 goals. Was shut out by Owen Sound in the playoffs.
Granted hes good on face offs and skates very well but he lacks physicality and tends to shy away from it. Unless your an elite player your not going anywhere if you shy away from the physical stuff at higher levels. Second his hands are below OHL average. Not to say he cant develop, he will but for me there is a big question mark there. Both Hunters who I had the pleasure to watch in the NHL were extremely physical players yet skilled.

Got to evolve with the game changes man, players can no longer get away with that stuff they used to do back in the years of the hippies. I have seen that era too and before the Hunter's days in the NHL
Probably missed the couple scrums Moskal was involved in, one he stood up toe to toe with big Logan Brown and held his own in defense to his linemate. Moskal is the complete package, there are so many things he does so well away from the puck that helps his linemates to produce, and it's start from his defensive plays. Moskal can and will produce more as his responsibilities grows on the team, he is indispensable to the Knights. IMHO

cub

Apr 11, 2012

You need to do more homework with Moskal with his skills and attributes, you will see the real thing this year because he should be getting the playing time. Last year didn't get the playing time until the trade deadline. He can play physical, and his hands are one of his greatest assets, so not sure what you're watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
You need to do more homework with Moskal with his skills and attributes, you will see the real thing this year because he should be getting the playing time. Last year didn't get the playing time until the trade deadline. He can plays physical, and his hands are one of his greatest assets, so not sure what you're watching.
Well if you look at the NHL scouting reports their the same as mine. But I believe he has a window to produce this year as I agree he has potential in certain areas. No hard feeling I wish the kid well.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Well if you look at the NHL scouting reports their the same as mine. But I believe he has a window to produce this year as I agree he has potential in certain areas. No hard feeling I wish the kid well.

I saw the scouting report you mentioned, total B.S. I've seen this kid play since he was a kid, top kid out of Northern Ontario. Here is more of an accurate scouting report:

"Moskal has some impressive leadership qualities. He’s captained squads prior to the OHL while also being an Alternate Captain. It should come to no one’s surprise if Dale Hunter and his staff were to place a letter on his jersey for next season. As Central Scouting said prior to his draft, he is one of the hardest workers and hardest players to play against, and teammates just want to follow his lead.
Moskal’s size is okay. He is a very good skater with some very good speed. He get’s in on the forecheck quickly and isn’t afraid to get dirty and creates turnovers by doing so. He possesses silky-smooth hands and very good at keeping possession. He is shifty and can create scoring chances for himself or use those silky mitts to create chances for his teammates.
Moskal is a very intelligent player who understands the game at both ends. Coach Hunter wasn’t afraid to use Moskal in any situation, be it the penalty kill, powerplay, taking key faceoffs, or protecting the lead late in the game. He looks like a player who relishes the defensive responsibilities. He skates hard on the back-check, is positionally strong in his own zone, understands how to close off passing and shooting lanes and uses his body and stick effectively."

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Just noticed on the OHL website on team rosters for 2018 pre-season; London has 18 Forwards and 11 Defensemen signed (and not one of them are OA/98). 29 players signed with "certain" promises of different degrees to "sign on the dotted line". Wow, that makes for a big number of players that have forgone their NCAA aspirations to play in the OHL and those dreams may/will now be dashed as well. This is the perfect example of a franchise that has the $$ to spend on "signing packages" with players that may actually have no chance of ever making the team to play in the OHL.
I know "this is a business" but is this really looking out for the best interest of some of these young hockey players?

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
And yet they all sign here. Hmmm, I wonder why that is? Because there’s no better place to get noticed perhaps?
Worked fine for a guy like Golden, didn’t it?

Reactions: TheCoach

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Is the OHL website wrong? the knights have 3 imports listed
Boqvist
Guskov
Kolyachonok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad