London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
LMAO
Since you want to be selective with your numbers, I can do that as well.
London won 17 straight postseason and Memorial Cup games in 2016. How many years has it taken for Windsor to win that many? And you can even count your spectacular Cup in 2017.
6? 7?

I love the last 4 years analysis in which someone excludes the best year of a team.
Switch teams, do the same by taking away "1 successful week" on home ice and they got nothing, but you wont hear that lol.

I get it thou. 7 years of being unable to finish top 4 in a conference, unable to win even 1 series, win as many PO games as some teams have won series, some fans would be bitter also. Sometimes its hard for some to look in the mirror.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
That is pretty harsh ares. Frigging true but harsh. Some Dorks will twist the stats and rose color glass the obvious. I am not biting they can troll all the frig they want the jealous bastards. They never mention the fact that they CHEATED in the first two Mem Cup seasons do they. Yep and THEY got caught and PUNISHED !!!!

Reactions: zman77

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
That is pretty harsh ares. Frigging true but harsh. Some Dorks will twist the stats and rose color glass the obvious. I am not biting they can troll all the frig they want the jealous bastards. They never mention the fact that they CHEATED in the first two Mem Cup seasons do they. Yep and THEY got caught and PUNISHED !!!!

Actually if you can be truthful for once the league investigation was for the year after the 1st Mem Cup win not both , not that it matters games are won on the ice not the boardroom
Should also be noted Windsor won a cup while under sanctions in 2017 and that was so sweet and big middle finger to the league.
No jealousy at this end,3 Mem Cups in 10 years compared to 1 for London in 13 works for me.
If I were a London fan, supremely disappointed for such a ballyhooed franchise only 1 Mem Cup in 13 years must be some projection going on here.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
No playoff wins in 7 years...

If that was London I’d be enraged.

Well if you ask him not a single fan has mentioned zero playoff series wins in 7 seasons. He's either lying. Or he would never ask an unprovoked question like that to a fan. Or he's telling the truth and if that's the case then he would fit the attitude of being an apathetic fan to a tee. You can't tell me that Rychel isn't bothered by that, if he isn't then he shouldn't have ripped the fans. Of course the apathy was on full display during game 6 against Sarnia. I say whatever helps him sleep better through the night.

Reactions: tjziel and nelli27

fuzzed

Dec 11, 2017
In my best Trump , " .... Windsor Spitfires, greatest team ever, PROVEN! Greatest franchise in hockey, UNDISPUTED. Anything to the contrary, FAKENEWS ...."

Now can we just bury this topic forever?

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Me too PP31. It tires the hell out of me reading that one-sided (i am always right Windsor is the Greatest Franchise Ever even though they cheated) crap. Whatever I just wish he stayed on his own board and ballyhooed that BS until his fingers locked up because seriously none of us gives a rats a** what he says or thinks. He is like the Newfie's that live across the street with the Leafs. Hell they have a 3 game winning streak and they start planning Stanley Cup Parade and it is especially bad now JT is there as they are working out the parade route as we speak.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I’m not sure why it wasn’t stopped months ago but fine with me.

My opinion is if any 3 of Formenton, Tkachuk, Boqvist and Bouchard are in London this year, it becomes a full blown go for it year.
Someone mentioned Nick Suzuki and Markus Phillips from Owen Sound if they ever decided to sell and I completely agree.
There are enough prospects and picks in the system to compensate for whatever they would cost.

Hope to see you at the scrimmages, PP. Looking forward to chatting.
I likely won't be at any of the scrimmages this year or any year in the future. Just not the same for me at the rink anymore. Almost 50 years with the same person at my wing. Besides..there's little to no competition for spots this season. Makes for a boring camp. You could probably list the roster right now and not even have camp.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I likely won't be at any of the scrimmages this year or any year in the future. Just not the same for me at the rink anymore. Almost 50 years with the same person at my wing. Besides..there's little to no competition for spots this season. Makes for a boring camp. You could probably list the roster right now and not even have camp.

Sorry to hear you are not planning to assist any Knights scriimmages this year PP or the down feeling of your winger not be along side anymore. But you are incorrect in that last assumption, if he is in your mind today and most days it proves he is very much with you every day. Do what he would want you to do if he were still here.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Losing your wingman is tough but Lord knows if you went PP he would definitely be there in spirit for sure as he was for all thise years. This years lineup is going to be tough for sure and will be interesting to see what transpired with the NHL. I am interested in how Rowe, Duhart and Perrott developed since we last saw them. Perrott is a beast and both Duhart and Rowe showed flashes. If Foudy continues to develop the way he did the second half I will be excited. I look for Popov, Dunkley and McMichael all to take giant steps this year with just being in Knights camp

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Bo Horvat
Published on Aug 15, 2018

Dwayne sits down with Vancouver Canucks centreman, Bo Horvat, to get behind the gear
and talk about what has led Bo to being the player he is today.

Reactions: Fastpace

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
Losing your wingman is tough but Lord knows if you went PP he would definitely be there in spirit for sure as he was for all thise years. This years lineup is going to be tough for sure and will be interesting to see what transpired with the NHL. I am interested in how Rowe, Duhart and Perrott developed since we last saw them. Perrott is a beast and both Duhart and Rowe showed flashes. If Foudy continues to develop the way he did the second half I will be excited. I look for Popov, Dunkley and McMichael all to take giant steps this year with just being in Knights camp

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
There were flashes last year with Rowe and Duhart. I thought McMichael looked like a real decent prospect and Dunkley played well and Popov did as well once he started to settle in. Both Moskal and Foudy grew in lewaps and bounds after the trade deadline. There are 4 kids signed as 16 year olds that could have very well been first round picks and the 2nd year with Regula and Perrott in the league will shown they are both studs. Chicago says they want Boqvist here so it depends on the dysfunctional Canadian teams to see what transpires. Edmonton has a boatload of talent but no consistency and the Karlsen saga is causing disaster in Ottawa

My expendables from last year's roster as training camp approaches

Golden
Rowe
Turko
Tymkin
Cottam
Fallowfield
Bangs

look at that list, shows you there is very little room on this roster this season. Pitch the top 4 on that list as soon as possible and get something in return, the remaining 3 might grab you a 10th-15th rounder. I expect London to bring in 2 experienced CHL/OHL players within the next 3 weeks. Not because I have insider info, just because I've been around long enough to know it's the process

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Rowe in some ways reminds me of Dane Fox when first broke in the league, if he can put his mind in the right place he could contribute much the way Fox did the last two seasons of his OHL career.

I really like Ryan Bangs, he’s a smart defensive minded D with great skating ability, he does remind me of Scott Aarssen, the Knights will get good high picks for him if they decide to trade him

Duhart in my opinion is a keeper, his positive attitude and work attics is out of this chart, another Moskal type of player, never too many of them he should produce in this league much the way Drake Rumsha has.

Could add Pierce to the list of possible trades.

The question I have here is What to do with Raaymakers, keep or trade him?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
My expendables from last year's roster as training camp approaches

Golden
Rowe
Turko
Tymkin
Cottam
Fallowfield
Bangs

look at that list, shows you there is very little room on this roster this season. Pitch the top 4 on that list as soon as possible and get something in return, the remaining 3 might grab you a 10th-15th rounder. I expect London to bring in 2 experienced CHL/OHL players within the next 3 weeks. Not because I have insider info, just because I've been around long enough to know it's the process

I don't see Tymkin or Rowe moving due to the lack of RW depth. Cottam I just don't see any fit for at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad