London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
SAfe to assume that Raay starts tomorrow?
I wouldn’t take the Steelhead lightly, they washed Niagara at home a few weeks back.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
In all honesty 3dn no one on this board really gives a crap about the 4th place team in the East right now. We feel zero sympathy for your fans in lieu on the situation considering the hatred and jealously and content towards the Knights organization since the move from Mississauga.
Defend it all you want, unless your last name starts with a B and ends with an E, you don’t know jack about the situation.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I know it’s easy to get caught up in all the fights and PIMs from today’s game. What really stuck with me was Erie being down 8-1 in the end of the second. CeCi was nailed pretty hard in the face mask with a puck and basically hung out to dry from our lack of defense. CeCi looked injured and just dragging it out to get through the rest of the game. As he was skating to the Otters locker room after the second, emotional as one would be, Raaymakers and Kooy both stick tapped his pads. It’s really about the game and not rivalries at that point. Sportsmanship goes along way and being an Otters fan, I’d like to thank Raaymakers/Kooy for keeping the spirit alive. I know it was a very minor thing to do, but I’m sure all three goalies have experienced the same feeling at one time. It was definitely a “feel good” moment i’d like to share and have more respect for both goalies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I know it’s easy to get caught up in all the fights and PIMs from today’s game. What really stuck with me was Erie being down 8-1 in the end of the second. CeCi was nailed pretty hard in the face mask with a puck and basically hung out to dry from our lack of defense. CeCi looked injured and just dragging it out to get through the rest of the game. As he was skating to the Otters locker room after the second, emotional as one would be, Raaymakers and Kooy both stick tapped his pads. It’s really about the game and not rivalries at that point. Sportsmanship goes along way and being an Otters fan, I’d like to thank Raaymakers/Kooy for keeping the spirit alive. I know it was a very minor thing to do, but I’m sure all three goalies have experienced the same feeling at one time. It was definitely a “feel good” moment i’d like to share and have more respect for both goalies.
Nice post. As far as being about the game I totally agree. Unfortunately Otters fans continue to show their ignorance by singing their version of Sweet Caroline all while having their a$$es handed to them. Probably wouldn't see an Otter do the same for our goalie had the situation been reversed.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Now, way to heavy back to the last 15 minutes in Erie but what in the heck was that all about? Holy ficoli did that take what appears to have been a great effort to that point and plant it squarely in the ole “toilet bowl”. Yikes...... gotta get better!

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I know it was a very minor thing to do, but I’m sure all three goalies have experienced the same feeling at one time. It was definitely a “feel good” moment i’d like to share and have more respect for both goalies.

I would think that there is a “bit of a Goalies Club” or at least there should be? You have to be a little bit “different” to want to be a human target for 100mph frozen black rubber bits? You should at least expect to have the support and appreciation of the other guy at the opposite end of the rink. LOL.......

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
With The Knights having "the greatest lineup ever", it is very surprising they are not even first overall in the league.
If they don't win the Memorial Cup again, it will be another disappointing season!

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
With The Knights having "the greatest lineup ever", it is very surprising they are not even first overall in the league.
If they don't win the Memorial Cup again, it will be another disappointing season!
Who said they have "the greatest lineup ever"? You put it in quotes. So someone must have said it.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thx for commenting on the game. I missed the first period but watched the final two (once I realized it was televised). Tough 3 in 3 for the Otters...no sign of quit in that team. Drysdale is a burgeoning star in this league. Knights took their foot off the gas in the 3rd.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Greatest lineup ever?

I hope you are joking..

Wont be dissapointing for this fan if they dont win the Memorial Cup. Hope theu do but thats a big hill to clumb.

Reactions: zman77

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I have my doubts that today’s game between our Knights and the Steelhead will be televised.
I just scanned the guide and it is not listed. Rogers has pulled out of their agreement to televise the Steelheads home games.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Nobody has to answer to your callout. What difference does a specific posters ID have to answer the questions?

Isn't it questionable why this team is not first overall? Secondly, won't it be disappointing if they don't win the MC again?

When you make ridiculous statements expect to get called out on it.

No... it's not questionable as to why they are not first overall... all you need to do is watch the games to figure that out. And no.. it won't be disappointing if the don't win the Memorial Cup, because they are not there yet. Now... if they happen to win the J. Ross Robertson Cup, and don't win the Memorial Cup will it be disappointing? Probably, but there's a lot of hockey to play between now and then and at least 8 teams including London that have a shot at winning the championship... So it wouldn't be surprising if they win, but it also won't be surprising if they lose.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

No , this 2018-19 team is not the Knights greatest lineup ever, it's a lineup similar to the 2011-12 team mixed in with some good veterans supported by a very young talented group. This year's version have their work cut out just to get out of the O's and on to the Memorial Cup, they have the team to get there but they still have a whole load of work to do. If they don't put it together soon they may not even get out of the first round of playoffs.

Reactions: zman77

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I have my doubts that today’s game between our Knights and the Steelhead will be televised.
I just scanned the guide and it is not listed. Rogers has pulled out of their agreement to televise the Steelheads home games.

I just looked at the Guide on my Television just now and it has the game listed .

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Thx for commenting on the game. I missed the first period but watched the final two (once I realized it was televised). Tough 3 in 3 for the Otters...no sign of quit in that team. Drysdale is a burgeoning star in this league. Knights took their foot off the gas in the 3rd.

They didnt take their foot off the gas, they put it in reverse lol.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
The comment of the greatest line-up probably relates to the hype of London's "Team of the Century" title. This was the result of an on-line poll with several teams represented. Personally, I don't put much stock into these on-line social media polls. People can vote numerous times to pad the stats, and fans being fanatical, will skew any measurable result. When there's some genuine effort required to cast a vote, the result gains some measure of credibility. On-line
polls make the process as easy as possible.

Our current team is nothing special, as of now. If the players wish to change
that status, it's up to them to EARN any accolades this season has to offer.

Reactions: shanewalsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad