London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Nice post. As far as being about the game I totally agree. Unfortunately Otters fans continue to show their ignorance by singing their version of Sweet Caroline all while having their a$$es handed to them. Probably wouldn't see an Otter do the same for our goalie had the situation been reversed.
I also don’t anticipate the Otters leading London 8-1 this season either if roles were reversed.

Sweet Caroline is the Otters favorite song according to a few billet moms which is why it gets played. The lyrics only get changed for London but it think it’s only because of prior years in playoffs. Jacob Golden in an interview after being traded said it keeps the rivalry fresh.

Reactions: Knights Watcher

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
The comment of the greatest line-up probably relates to the hype of London's "Team of the Century" title. This was the result of an on-line poll with several teams represented. Personally, I don't put much stock into these on-line social media polls. People can vote numerous times to pad the stats, and fans being fanatical, will skew any measurable result. When there's some genuine effort required to cast a vote, the result gains some measure of credibility. On-line
polls make the process as easy as possible.

Our current team is nothing special, as of now. If the players wish to change
that status, it's up to them to EARN any accolades this season has to offer.

The "Team of the Century" was the 04/05 team.. I agree with you about the polls. Anything where someone gets more than one vote is useless

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I would think that there is a “bit of a Goalies Club” or at least there should be? You have to be a little bit “different” to want to be a human target for 100mph frozen black rubber bits? You should at least expect to have the support and appreciation of the other guy at the opposite end of the rink. LOL.......
This I agree with! Must know each other outside of OHL as well.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Thx for commenting on the game. I missed the first period but watched the final two (once I realized it was televised). Tough 3 in 3 for the Otters...no sign of quit in that team. Drysdale is a burgeoning star in this league. Knights took their foot off the gas in the 3rd.
I do think the Otters are going to be a team to watch next year and the year after. They aren’t losing anyone and if they draft smart this coming draft we should be in good shape. I hope they take a goalies early but that very rarely happens.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I also don’t anticipate the Otters leading London 8-1 this season either if roles were reversed.

Sweet Caroline is the Otters favorite song according to a few billet moms which is why it gets played. The lyrics only get changed for London but it think it’s only because of prior years in playoffs. Jacob Golden in an interview after being traded said it keeps the rivalry fresh.
Fair enough

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights deliver top road performance of season in Erie victory

Ryan Pyette
Updated: February 17, 2019

This eight felt great.
“We’ve been getting our chances,” assistant coach Dylan Hunter said. “We just haven’t been putting them in the net or making good reads on 2-on-1s. Good to see the boys, when they get those chances, burying it.”
It’s rare to see a penalty shot awarded two minutes into a first period.
But Kevin Hancock got one and made good on it. Alex Formenton added a power-play marker 53 seconds later and the rout was in progress.
“It was a nice move by (Hancock),” Hunter said.
Cole Tymkin, back from a five-game suspension, scored his 20th goal in the second and it stood up as the winner. The veteran winger had 10 career tallies heading into this season.
“He has that calming effect on the team,” Hunter said. “He slots in well anywhere in the top six and he’s a good presence in front of the net. He can really make those little plays and he works well with Hancock.“He put the work in, even when he was suspended, and he was ready.”
They did score on three of five power-play chances in the two-game set with Erie – a major relief heading into the home stretch. If their work with the man advantage heats up, they may threaten to put up more eight spots down the stretch.
“With getting Formenton back, it looks like we’re starting to get in the swing of things,” Hunter said. “You start with your set plays, and then you start feeling it when it’s rolling more organically with guys switching spots. These last two games, we showed steps forward.”
London Knights deliver top road performance of season in Erie victory

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
A London-Guelph 2nd round match up is becoming more and more likely.

London is 6 points clear of the Greyhounds, and Guelph is 8 points behind Saginaw.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
What happened to our goaltending the last 3 periods? Kooy in the third last night and Razor for 2 today. Atrocious. And the D hasn't helped either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad