London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
The biggest problem in the Barrie game is we did not use our speed. When you don’t use a weapon you playing the game with a hand tied behind your back. When the speediest player on ice is Nelson we are not going to win those games.

I agree with what you're saying, but Barrie isn't even a good team. What's gonna happen when/if we meet up with a league championship team? Are we going to be able to come up with that tying or game-winning goal when we really need it?

Maybe Brazeau wouldn't be the answer either, but he's probably the best of what was potentially available.

Reactions: shanewalsh

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
The overall strength of the Knights, this season, probably is not comparable to either previous edition that won the Memorial Cup. The reason is primarily the age level of the current team. I feel that there are fans who expect this team to compete at such an elite level, that they're Memorial Cup or OHL championship contenders. If they somehow manage to achieve either, I'd view that as a significant bonus. Let's face facts. Memorial Cup contending teams are not built around a core group who's average age is 17-18. It's highly unrealistic to expect otherwise, and the odds are against that happening.

I have no intention of disparaging the talent level of this team...they are talented. They just need the necessary seasoning that age and experience will provide. They will also grow and get stronger, which will only help.

We're only in year 2......patience !!!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
The path this years team was going to take was determined when they signed the 4 sixteen year olds.

Yes, however, the opportunity was there with this team and I think a Mem Cup was within the realm of possibility. Perhaps, it still is, but all the stars will have to align to make it happen.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, however, the opportunity was there with this team and I think a Mem Cup was within the realm of possibility. Perhaps, it still is, but all the stars will have to align to make it happen.
To win anything things have to go your way to make it happen....

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
To win anything things have to go your way to make it happen....

Having a sound plan toward achieving a goal tends to provide much better odds of things going your way. This team HAS a plan, and ARE following it. Just have to give it time, and the results will follow. The necessary trades will be made, as the needs are identified.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Here this afternoon will be the big test, the David and Goliath kind, the big against small true challenge. North Bay dresses a total of 10 players of 6' 2" or taller the breaking point of what is called big players (1-6'6", 3-6'5", 2-6'3" , and 4-6'2") compare to the Knights' total of 5 players(2-6''4", 1-6'3" and 2- 6'2") and two of them are not dressing Formenton and Kooy)

If the Knights tries to fight their ways through this game they will lose, if they use their speed and their finest skill they should come on top with little trouble.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Having a sound plan toward achieving a goal tends to provide much better odds of things going your way. This team HAS a plan, and ARE following it. Just have to give it time, and the results will follow. The necessary trades will be made, as the needs are identified.
trades? next year ?

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Current weather:
North Bay: -24 C (feels like -37 C)
London: -16 C (feels like -28 C)
My living room: +22 C
:GWC:
Good thing the game is played indoors!
Wonder if Panwar and/or Evangelista in the lineup.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of dressing for a game, and having to put on a cup that's spent the night in the luggage compartment of the team bus. It gives a whole new meaning to the pre-game warm-up.

Reactions: Uncle and nelli27

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
And Raaymakers has to keep his cool today too, cause there will be a highway of big bodies right in his front yard of traffics this afternoon. If he wants to help his cause it be best to have all his buddies in front of him and not in a sin box

Reactions: three dog night

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Raaymakers has to do better at controlling those rebounds. He coughed up two and they ended up in the back of the net. Now the hole is dug they will have to play better next period.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Rare miscue by J. Keane--no excuse for a d-man to get caught in the offensive zone, esp. late in a period. That led to the 2 on 1 resulting in NB's second goal.
Turn it up a notch...

Reactions: JagrBomb93

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Raaymakers has to do better at controlling those rebounds. He coughed up two and they ended up in the back of the net. Now the hole is dug they will have to play better next period.
He should've had both those goals. Its games like this that make me nervous to call Raaymakers the starter come playoff time.

Reactions: shanewalsh

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
There's nothing quite like the feeling of dressing for a game, and having to put on a cup that's spent the night in the luggage compartment of the team bus. It gives a whole new meaning to the pre-game warm-up.
Ha! True, thinking your guys stayed in the Bay Saturday after the Sudbury game Friday. Equipment was probaby nice and warm in the Gardens dressing room. Seen your bus a couple of times in the -42 windchill temps this weekend. 2-1 Troops after the first.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The overall strength of the Knights, this season, probably is not comparable to either previous edition that won the Memorial Cup. The reason is primarily the age level of the current team. I feel that there are fans who expect this team to compete at such an elite level, that they're Memorial Cup or OHL championship contenders. If they somehow manage to achieve either, I'd view that as a significant bonus. Let's face facts. Memorial Cup contending teams are not built around a core group who's average age is 17-18. It's highly unrealistic to expect otherwise, and the odds are against that happening.

I have no intention of disparaging the talent level of this team...they are talented. They just need the necessary seasoning that age and experience will provide. They will also grow and get stronger, which will only help.

We're only in year 2......patience !!!

If this wasn't a contending year, we don't trade for Hancock and Keane.

The team could easily be better now this year than the next. We're losing most of the defence and are going to have to build it through trade, but even then it probably won't touch this year's.

This is why I really do believe an additional move should have been made at forward to. Talent is there, but not necessarily the age and experience.

Still, I don't think you're right when you say it's highly unrealistic that we win anything. Ottawa is a young team, as is SSM. We didn't seem to have much trouble with Saginaw either. Guelph is scary though.

Reactions: StormWatcher

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If this wasn't a contending year, we don't trade for Hancock and Keane.

The team could easily be better now this year than the next. We're losing most of the defence and are going to have to build it through trade, but even then it probably won't touch this year's.

This is why I really do believe an additional move should have been made at forward to. Talent is there, but not necessarily the age and experience.

Still, I don't think you're right when you say it's highly unrealistic that we win anything. Ottawa is a young team, as is SSM. We didn't seem to have much trouble with Saginaw either. Guelph is scary though.

This may surprise you a little bit, after reading your post I am going to say right now both Ottawa and London will have bigger year next season and will likely be the cream of the league and possibly both of the CHL as well. They are both loaded with young talents coming back with a whole cash load of picks in the banks (Lon - 19 and Ott - 10 or 11 picks)

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
I think the Lochead experiment on the PP has to end. It worked once or twice but it’s time to shake things up. I wouldn’t mind seeing Foudy back out on the 1st unit..we need someone to hit the line with some speed

Reactions: DontEverTouchMyPuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad