London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
You must watch a lot of OHL hockey to know how much chemistry all those teams have ...

Didn’t you watch us dismantle Ottawa last week

Do remember they diamantled the Sarnia Sting 10-2 the night before?? Also, remember the Storm kicker our butt the game before. Remember there is a reason Kevin Hancock isn’t drafted yet... If he was a pure sniper, he would at least be drafted or signed by now...

Agreed, to an extent PP31. Not at a solid scoring clip in the London system that he was in OS. At least it seems he was more dangerous on a line with Suzuki. You have to agree with me that you would say McMichael seems more dangerous scoring goals atm
I don't know...5 goals 6 assists for 11 pts in 7 games is a pretty good clip. You called Formenton a sniper...if Formenton could score consistently he wouldn't be in the OHL this season. For me it's what he lacks the most from his game. He's a lot like a cheap steak...all sizzle, very little meat

Reactions: LKfan

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Do remember they diamantled the Sarnia Sting 10-2 the night before?? Also, remember the Storm kicker our butt the game before. Remember there is a reason Kevin Hancock isn’t drafted yet... If he was a pure sniper, he would at least be drafted or signed by now...

I still don't understand the basis of your claim that all those teams have more chemistry.

Are you watching them all play?

Reactions: Otto and tbkght77

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
"A win is a win is a win"...take that Walt Whitman.
Our flip pass effective against teams that forecheck (and that use pinching D). Benefit of being a fast skating team.
Sudbury's PP atrocious (0/9 or 0/10) or to be more charitable...wow! we have a great PK.
Raaymakers with an amazing save that didn't even look like a save until we saw the replay.
I really do need to make a trip to the Sudbury arena. One year...
Offence is not a problem as we're near the top of the league in goals for per game. Defence is #1. Goal differential #1. So what's the problem?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't know...5 goals 6 assists for 11 pts in 7 games is a pretty good clip. You called Formenton a sniper...if Formenton could score consistently he wouldn't be in the OHL this season. For me it's what he lacks the most from his game. He's a lot like a cheap steak...all sizzle, very little meat

I'd like to see Formenton with McMichael...high IQ finisher paired with a guy that looks too good for this league (beyond his scoring)

Reactions: LDN
I'd like to see Formenton with McMichael...high IQ finisher paired with a guy that looks too good for this league (beyond his scoring)
Would McMichael get puck distribution from Formenton though? Not saying he's selfish, but he does rag the puck sometimes too much and plays die on his stick. Very similar to Foudy. They could take a page from Hancock's book. That play tonight to get the puck to Nelson when he had a clear break for the empty netter told more than just a simple pass.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Not that it matters now but Byfield’s penalty at the 19:00 should have been an awarded goal, there were no other players between Foudy and the net.

Reactions: Otto

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I know Kevin Hancock has scored, but I think not getting Nick Suzuki is gonna haunt the Knights. I don’t think we win the OHL Championship, let alone Memorial Cup this year. The Soo, Storm, 67’s, IceDogs and Gens all have better chemistry atm. Storm had insane puck control and they controlled the play. Knights need to as well. The only guy I think is a sniper on this team is McMichael (until Formenton comes back). I’m hoping when Formenton comes back that will rejuvenate Foudy

Suzuki was not part of the Knights before, he is not now and will never be in future, I think it would be best to leave him be. Kevin Hancock is our man now, how about we support him in our lineup.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Would McMichael get puck distribution from Formenton though? Not saying he's selfish, but he does rag the puck sometimes too much and plays die on his stick. Very similar to Foudy. They could take a page from Hancock's book. That play tonight to get the puck to Nelson when he had a clear break for the empty netter told more than just a simple pass.

Well I wouldn't expect passing clinics from them but I feel like Formenton creates enough chances and McMichael has the intelligence to get into the right areas to take advantage of that.

Another option would be to put Formenton with lesser offensive threats and create an additional scoring line. Maybe with guys like Guskov or Nelson. Let him be "the guy" on one of our lines so he can do his thing.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
5-3 victory over the Wolves but just barely

Not much to say other then; it's a win and it's 2 points

Dale should try Formenton-Hancock-Foudy
I think in order to be effective Foudy and Formenton have to be on separate lines. Put them together and they try too hard to one up each other. I still believe McMichael/Dunkley/Guskov is our most natural line and expect them to be together once Formenton returns.

but....Here's a shake up

Foudy/Hancock/McMichael
Formenton/Dunkley/Guskov
Tymkin/Moskal/Cotter
Stranges/Turko/Nelson

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alex Formenton is a complete player with his speed and toughness.
He'll probably play on February 1st & the 2nd @ home against Barrie & K/W.
He makes everyone on the Knights better players with his speed and tough play.

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Foudy eventually got the shot off...therefore just a trip. Right call
An awarded goal doesn’t require the other team to touch the puck play is to be blown dead immediately and goal awarded, the shot has no consequence

57.4 Awarded Goal - If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, a player in control of the puck (or who could have obtained possession and control of the puck) in the neutral or attacking zone is tripped or otherwise fouled with no opposition between him and the opposing goal, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, the Referee shall immediately stop play and award a goal to the attacking team.

Happened to us against Kitchener a couple years ago.

Reactions: Otto
An awarded goal doesn’t require the other team to touch the puck play is to be blown dead immediately and goal awarded, the shot has no consequence

57.4 Awarded Goal - If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, a player in control of the puck (or who could have obtained possession and control of the puck) in the neutral or attacking zone is tripped or otherwise fouled with no opposition between him and the opposing goal, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, the Referee shall immediately stop play and award a goal to the attacking team.

Happened to us against Kitchener a couple years ago.
The bolded part negates what you're stating. Foudy regained his skates..gained possession and took a clear unabated shot on goal and missed.
Tripping penalty? Yes
...awarded goal? No

Had Foudy not regained his stride then it would have been an awarded goal

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Formenton is in my opinion a "5 tool player" ....can do it all...he can be a power forward when he wants..PK...PP...score ..playmaker......rushing...dangling....It is hard to predict what type of NHLer he will be...he will have a career though just due to his versatility

Formenton is in my opinion a "5 tool player" ....can do it all...he can be a power forward when he wants..PK...PP...score ..playmaker......rushing...dangling....It is hard to predict what type of NHLer he will be...he will have a career though just due to his versatility
4 of the tools are Snap-On..the 5th is Mastercraft. Streaky player...when he's on he's on...when he's cold around the net he couldn't hit water jumping out of a boat. Fastest in the league though bar none. I hope he comes back with the same stride and edge

Speaking of edges...I've liked Razor's edge the past few games

*see what I did there?

Reactions: aresknights and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
4 of the tools are Snap-On..the 5th is Mastercraft. Streaky player...when he's on he's on...when he's cold around the net he couldn't hit water jumping out of a boat. Fastest in the league though bar none. I hope he comes back with the same stride and edge

Speaking of edges...I've liked Razor's edge the past few games

*see what I did there?
When he is cold he is still effective though

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
When he is cold he is still effective though

You are correct LDN.
Formenton is one player that scares the opposition with his determination and speed.
Ottawa got a gift when they drafted Alex Formenton @ 47th place in the NHL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad