London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Hockey is a long season for all teams in the O.
Boys have been out-shooting their opponents significantly.
Teams go through highs and lows during a tough 8-9 month period.
Knights have been matched with some excellent goal-tending from several teams.
Soo Post-Media Article:
The Knights seven game winning streak was snapped by a 6-3 loss to the Spirit in Saginaw on Saturday.
Knights goalie Joseph Raaymakers called the Knights road trip “disappointing,”
but spoke of how ups and downs are a part of the game.
“We weren’t great (Sunday),” he added. “We haven’t been playing our best.
We need to find our stride again.”
Head coach Dale Hunter said the difference in the game was missed scoring chances.
“We had opportunities, but we didn’t score,” he added.
“Villalta (Soo goalie Matt) was solid, but we played well.”
Hunter also didn’t think his team’s schedule was a factor on Sunday.
Of playing three times in three days, he said: “Everybody goes through it.”
Hounds closing in on leading Knights

Reactions: Fastpace

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
They leave Saginaw Saturday night at, what??…. about 10-10:30pm. Ride a bus for 4 hrs to get to the Soo. Get out tired and sore, get a few ours sleep and be ready to play a game at 2:00pm - they're 3rd in 3.

No need to read more into yesterday's game than we need to, IMO.

Reactions: Fastpace

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Exactly Pucks247. Sault gets to sleep in their own beds and the boys get to ride a bus. No way they were showered and on bus leaving Saginaw @ 10.00 an would have been more like 11-11.30. I left right at buzzer and walked out and jumped in my car that was pre-started and headed out to Birch Run 16 miles down the I-75 @ 80 mph and got to hotel at 10.35. So it would have been probably the later scenario. Three on threes are bad enough but when the third game is early and you have a 4-4 1/2 bus ride after it is draining. We will see how they fair the next time with the game a Friday night tilt and then Saturday Night in Saginaw.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The Saginaw game was crucial I had them getting 4 out of 6 points because I assumed the Soo game would be a tough one. When they played poorly in Saginaw the writing was on the wall that this was going to be a Loooong weekend!

Reactions: sbpointer

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Exactly Pucks247. Sault gets to sleep in their own beds and the boys get to ride a bus. No way they were showered and on bus leaving Saginaw @ 10.00 an would have been more like 11-11.30. I left right at buzzer and walked out and jumped in my car that was pre-started and headed out to Birch Run 16 miles down the I-75 @ 80 mph and got to hotel at 10.35. So it would have been probably the later scenario. Three on threes are bad enough but when the third game is early and you have a 4-4 1/2 bus ride after it is draining. We will see how they fair the next time with the game a Friday night tilt and then Saturday Night in Saginaw.

Then what's the excuse for the two home games they lost this season to the Soo? And the 2 last season?.. and the two the season before that?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Then what's the excuse for the two home games they lost this season to the Soo? And the 2 last season?.. and the two the season before that?

There isn’t one we just have to hope we don’t meet up in the playoffs as the Soo are for sure the Knights Kryptonite! It never ends well. Hard to believe a team with relatively few losses every year have a record like this against any team!

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
My how times change, I remember when Ottawa lost to London and Guelph your fans were saying no excuses, Ottawa defense sucks, etc. . Well the tides have changed as London didn't look so good this weekend.

You are not the only team with 3 in 3 against 2 top contenders. Your team got beat no excuses required.

Reactions: jimbarrou

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
My how times change, I remember when Ottawa lost to London and Guelph your fans were saying no excuses, Ottawa defense sucks, etc. . Well the tides have changed as London didn't look so good this weekend.

You are not the only team with 3 in 3 against 2 top contenders. Your team got beat no excuses required.

Keep in mind that only a few are making excuses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad