London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
4-3 overtime loss to NB

The story on this game is with so many penalties throughout the game made it difficult to sustain any momentum and their unable to score with their only two men advantages they had late in their third.

Reactions: three dog night
4-3 overtime loss to NB

The story on this game is with so many penalties throughout the game made it difficult to sustain any momentum and their unable to score with their only two men advantages they had late in their third.
Bottom line...Propp made the saves when his team needed a big save...Razor did not.

side note: The waved off Battalion goal was in

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016
4-3 overtime loss to NB

So many? 6 total power plays.Not Sure I'd describe that as "so many".

I Don't think thats the story of the game today.

Reactions: aresknights

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Chemistry seemed off this weekend. Too many one man efforts and not enough chances in transition with speed. Glad this road trip is over!!

Too many penalties against , total 25 in 3 games resulting in 18 shorthanded situations. They are maybe the best shorthanded team in the league but too many of them can be very disruptive to the overall team play, and causing some players not liking missing shifts. They have got to find more discipline or make sure someone follows them from the other side, with Formenton comes back their shorthand goals will also increase

Reactions: DontEverTouchMyPuck

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Bottom line...Propp made the saves when his team needed a big save...Razor did not.

side note: The waved off Battalion goal was in

I just wish he (Raaymakers) had more of a feel for his loose rebounds that keeps on getting away from him, a lot of goals are scored on him off rebounds but also his teammates should be helping him by getting to the rebounds first

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Random post-game thoughts:
-2 of NB's 4 goals from London d-men getting caught in the offensive zone (J. Keane, Regula).
-terrible effort; no sense of urgency; disorganized.
-lack of quality scoring chances against a mediocre team playing with 11 forwards and 5 d-men.

Any way to check TOI statistics? I'd like to compare Turko's minutes played to that of McMichael, Foudy, Dunkley, Cotter, Guskov, and Stranges.
I know Hunter has his "shutdown line" of Turko, Tymkin, and Moskal, but that means that line is going to be on the ice eating up valuable minutes checking the opposition's top line--without producing much in the way of their own offence.
I'd like to see us start more games with our top line out there, and also increase the minutes of our top 2 lines. Even at the Bud, the PA announcer introduces 12, 15, 76 as the opening line for almost every game.
Our top lines lack chemistry--maybe they need the extra playing time. They have two months to gel.
Our first goal courtesy of Liam Foudy's "individual effort"--that's not the first time I used that expression to describe #18 = "individual effort".
Waiting to see that "well-oiled machine"...will let you know when it happens.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Well get home watch video and get ready for Windsor. Come on Alex heal quick.

I just wish he (Raaymakers) had more of a feel for his loose rebounds that keeps on getting away from him, a lot of goals are scored on him off rebounds but also his teammates should be helping him by getting to the rebounds first
True the D-men are not boxing out and owning the area around the blue, but some of those rebounds are PeeWee caliber and should be easily covered. No excuses for not getting that 2nd goal covered

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Knights needed a couple of big bodies up front.;With so many good ones available at the deadline Hunter DROPPED the ball big time.
Nothing against Hancock but add more of what yo already have and not what is needed?.
And Brazeau looked better than most of the Knight forwards today.
Best Knight today was Moskal.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
This may surprise you a little bit, after reading your post I am going to say right now both Ottawa and London will have bigger year next season and will likely be the cream of the league and possibly both of the CHL as well. They are both loaded with young talents coming back with a whole cash load of picks in the banks (Lon - 19 and Ott - 10 or 11 picks)
:help:

Lvthegame

Jan 9, 2019
Fun reminder that Brazeau can hit as well as score.
I liked Brazeau today as well. My only criticisms are that I think Bouchard has to chill out. His bark is worse than his bite. I also didn’t think mcmichael was moving his feet today. And the D have to be in the play sooner.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Knights needed a couple of big bodies up front.;With so many good ones available at the deadline Hunter DROPPED the ball big time.
Nothing against Hancock but add more of what yo already have and not what is needed?.
And Brazeau looked better than most of the Knight forwards today.
Best Knight today was Moskal.
:huh:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights power play improves, but not enough

Ryan Pyette
Updated: January 20, 2019

The Knights’ power play has steadily improved this season.
They started in the basement of the 20-team OHL and worked their way back into the upper half. There have been some interesting wrinkles, like overage William Lochead setting up shop in front of the opposing goaltender as part of a three d-man first unit.
But London won’t truly be considered dangerous with the man advantage until they score more with it during the critical moments that turn around games.
It needs to be a weapon.
“The best power plays aren’t always the ones going 30 per cent,” London assistant coach Dylan Hunter said. “It’s the ones that are clutch. Maybe you’re not playing very well and you get that one power play and if you can score on it, it can change everything. That’s somethings where you can put the game away.
“I’d rather have a clutch power play that gets them when you need it over one that gets a lot of goals one game, then none the next. This team worked hard climbing up above 20 per cent, but when we only get one or two (chances) a game, you need to be ready to go right away rather than have three or four just to get into the swing of things.”
Knights power play improves, but not enough

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not real concerned what happened this weekend. Its a long year. Coaches get creative at times. You will see the experimenting less n less as they move towards the POs.

11Fs/7D leads to some inconsistency.
Once Formenton is back you will see where the staff wants to go with F lines and D pairings.

Good enough to win the OHL title? No idea. Thats part of the fun.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The overall strength of the Knights, this season, probably is not comparable to either previous edition that won the Memorial Cup. The reason is primarily the age level of the current team. I feel that there are fans who expect this team to compete at such an elite level, that they're Memorial Cup or OHL championship contenders. If they somehow manage to achieve either, I'd view that as a significant bonus. Let's face facts. Memorial Cup contending teams are not built around a core group who's average age is 17-18. It's highly unrealistic to expect otherwise, and the odds are against that happening.

I have no intention of disparaging the talent level of this team...they are talented. They just need the necessary seasoning that age and experience will provide. They will also grow and get stronger, which will only help.

We're only in year 2......patience !!!

I don't think they are there at this time of the year but they are working toward it, how good will they be (?) it will depend how well their young players progress and how well will they respond under pressure of playoffs hockey. The young talents is definitely there but they'll need to play more regular shifts to get the real feel of OHL hockey, if Dale is thinking of going in it with only 3 lines they will not get out of this league in this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig