London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood, I have watched a lot of Colts games over the past couple of years.
Meaning, these points while the lads are in BC are very important.
Smart and good timing for that trade.
Excellent timing. A deal nobody even really thought of around here as Keane's name was not mentioned at all. Looking at the deal it's just complete scouting and knowing the entire league and all available players. The Knights are 2nd to none in that category. Really happy with this deal, just didn't want to see Duhart go. I'd have been more inclined to move Evangelista(which could still happen)

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
There is no way we are keeping 10 defensemen so something will have to give there. I would like to see Evangilista, Popov and Panwar gets some ice time this weekend for sure with Guskov and Formenton out and Duhart gone. I liked Dalton a lot and hope he does well for Barrie. I would have thought if we were dealing with Flint he would have been a key piece they would want being a local kid that can play the game so I think there will be no deal in the works for Ty. At 11 degrees there is no Frost coming the next few days and you never know in January somebody could Tippet in one of Bouchard's point shots.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I could see both Golden and Perrott out. I would be comfortable with Gerard as 7D and Coome as 8D. Liam Whittaker is also in Komoka if they need him for a few games. Some years the Knights have been down to three or four healthy D. Don’t see them getting in trouble like that again. Gerard is good enough to be playing on the third pair now imo. Just no room.

Knights have added four vets since the start of the season - Timms, Lochead, Cotter and J. Keane. Two more vets returned from NHL - Bouchard and Formenton.

Quick re-tool next year possibly. Agreed with others views on what else should be acquired. Need a top forward that knocks Foudy’s minutes down. Still not sold on him. McMichael would look great on a line with a top playmaker in the OHL.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
There is no way we are keeping 10 defensemen so something will have to give there. I would like to see Evangilista, Popov and Panwar gets some ice time this weekend for sure with Guskov and Formenton out and Duhart gone. I liked Dalton a lot and hope he does well for Barrie. I would have thought if we were dealing with Flint he would have been a key piece they would want being a local kid that can play the game so I think there will be no deal in the works for Ty. At 11 degrees there is no Frost coming the next few days and you never know in January somebody could Tippet in one of Bouchard's point shots.
This is the best thing for Duhart. Kid has wanted out for a year now as have all the 01’s who never played. Pretty sure Evangelista wishes for a trade also. Perrot can’t be happy either. He’s sat more than he’s played. I predict both he and evangelista are out

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
As someone else alluded to, it's possible that we see Lochead play up front (even if only temporarily) when we have a full lineup. He spent time as a forward (and d-man) with the Ice Dogs. But, he's been so good for us on D, I hope that doesn't happen unless it's only temporary or maybe to ignite the PP (if necessary).

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
This is the best thing for Duhart. Kid has wanted out for a year now as have all the 01’s who never played. Pretty sure Evangelista wishes for a trade also. Perrot can’t be happy either. He’s sat more than he’s played. I predict both he and evangelista are out
Yeah, this has been discussed. Writing is on the wall regarding Perrott. A healthy scratch for so many games indicates that he's likely on the move. Why else would he sit? Evangelista will likely have to be moved to land a 'big fish'.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Excellent timing. A deal nobody even really thought of around here as Keane's name was not mentioned at all. Looking at the deal it's just complete scouting and knowing the entire league and all available players. The Knights are 2nd to none in that category. Really happy with this deal, just didn't want to see Duhart go. I'd have been more inclined to move Evangelista(which could still happen)

"So talks with Missy, hoping on Dellandrea, Frost rumors, Villardi in play? Keane? potential hometown boy from OS and a D from the same team, steady stay at home D or physical depth F.....?? And Im sure Im missing a few lol"

Pulled an insider and mentioned everyone including 2D, one being Keane ;)

Just darts at a board. Like everyones fav tweeter ;)

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

Keane’s name was mentioned several times over the last few weeks. I didn’t think it would happen because of him being a RH plus the fact Barrie added Tortora.
I hope the Knights trade for Suzuki now. I thought you knew hockey. Calling him a lazy selfish player is the complete opposite of what he is.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With the acquisition of defenseman Joey Keane from Barrie the Knights are sending a strong message, we’ll beat you with our defense. Coupling with two first rate goalies and one if not the very best team system in junior hockey in the country and still to be added on to a strong and very respectable offense for good measure . Go ahead load up your offense teams, it’s been proven many times over defense wins championships.

I am one who has been advocating the plays of Dalton Duhart since last year, and I know Barrie got themselves a working hockey machine in him, he’ll be loved in Barrie country for sure.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
With the acquisition of defenseman Joey Keane from Barrie the Knights are sending a strong message, we’ll beat you with our defense. Coupling with two first rate goalies and one if not the very best team system in junior hockey in the country and still to be added on to a strong and very respectable offense for good measure . Go ahead load up your offense teams, it’s been proven many times over defense wins championships.

I am one who has been advocating the plays of Dalton Duhart since last year, and I know Barrie got themselves a working hockey machine in him, he’ll be loved in Barrie country for sure.
That's one message sent. We'll have to wait until Jan. 5th for the next one.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
6iR4rSg3_bigger.jpg
OntarioHockeyLeague‏Verified account @OHLHockey 13h13 hours ago

Rookie forward @AntonioStrange3 leads the league with
33-20e3.png
shootout winning
1f6a8.png
for
@GoLondonKnights at the holiday break

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
"well...cuz I looked at your roster and it says you have 5 centers...so I useded my math skills and that means you need wingers"
Don’t believe everything you read. Robertson hasn’t played center at all this season and the Petes are looking ahead to next year as well when they lose Paquette and possibly Gallant.

Keane’s name was mentioned several times over the last few weeks. I didn’t think it would happen because of him being a RH plus the fact Barrie added Tortora.
I hope the Knights trade for Suzuki now. I thought you knew hockey. Calling him a lazy selfish player is the complete opposite of what he is.
We all know Suzuki is your golden boy, he's a good player, just not what we need. For what it's worth...I didn't say he was a lazy selfish player, I said his penalty and the timing of it was lazy and selfish. Big difference

As for Keane being mentioned, I musta missed it, the quality of posts on this board keeps me away more than I'm here and I don't scour over every post. If someone mentioned him...good on them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad