London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
London likely has two cards left at least. Any good GM knows not to put bubble guys on major junior cards until absolutely necessary. Whittaker definitely didn't use a card and neither did Rowe. Coome could be on a B card. One way to tell would be to see which games he's played. Games held during NHL preseason period and world jnior period don't cont. Only one that is still up in the air is Kolyachonok.

No way Mark is only down to one card. Not a chance.

I hope you’re right, but you’re definitely in the minority on here

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Why would think that Peterborough needs wingers. While they are from all reports looking to upgrade, they are fairly deep on both right and left wings. They have 4 wingers with double digits in goals and Popov is not a player they need. He at best would be their 13th forward.

The Petes are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and just traded one of their best wingers to Guelph. Their leading scorer is a defenseman and scoring outside of Robertson-Paquette-Timleck has been pretty weak.

I wasn't slamming the team or anything, but the easiest upgrade for them would be some scoring punch in the bottom 6. They would easily have a spot for Popov if they thought he could turn things around a bit.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Can’t help but think as we bicker amongst ourselves about who we acquire next, as we’ve been saying we’re lacking size and toughness and to be honest a net front presence in the forward department. Imagine if we had Brady Tkachuk! He’d be everything we need right now Lol! A playmaking centre with size and physicality.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
London has 2 cards left for sure, Keane would make 1 left.

So how does a Defence Core of

Bouchard - Lochead
Boqvist - J. Keane
Timms - Regula

Look.

Pretty damn good anywhere in the CHL I would say.

Last edited:

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Cards used
Forwards (14)
McMichael, Turko, Evangelista, Tymkin, Dunkley, Foudy, Nelson, Stranges, Cotter, Popov, Panwar, Guskov, Moskal, Formenton

Defensemen (9)
Bouchard, Boqvist, Lochead, Coome, Perrott, Golden, G. Keane, Timms, Regula

Goalies (2)
Kooy, Raaymakers

Former players (2)
Kolyachonok, Duhart

Acquired players (1)
Joey Keane

That leaves 2. Unless London foolishly spent one on Rowe.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Cards used
Forwards (14)
McMichael, Turko, Evangelista, Tymkin, Dunkley, Foudy, Nelson, Stranges, Cotter, Popov, Panwar, Guskov, Moskal, Formenton

Defensemen (9)
Bouchard, Boqvist, Lochead, Coome, Perrott, Golden, G. Keane, Timms, Regula

Goalies (2)
Kooy, Raaymakers

Former players (2)
Kolyachonok, Duhart

Acquired players (1)
Joey Keane

That leaves 2. Unless London foolishly spent one on Rowe.

Liam Whittaker?

Why would think that Peterborough needs wingers? While they are from all reports looking to upgrade, they are fairly deep on both right and left wings. They have 4 wingers with double digits in goals and Popov is not a player they need. He at best would be their 13th forward.
"well...cuz I looked at your roster and it says you have 5 centers...so I useded my math skills and that means you need wingers"

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I think the depth move for Keane is a great pick up, hopefully it’s only a few picks as we are in a buyers market. I’m hope we trade for Dellandrea and Vilardi and settle in. Flint does have a problem having players waive their NTC to report so we may not have to give up a player of extreme value. Parrott Popov and picks

Vilardi all pick deal on health conditions, 4x2nds like the Stephens trade

The fact 3 Knights players have reported to Flint this year alone, tells me there's a good chance any player in a package would move there. Dellandrea is still high on Mark's radar

2 cards left...sniper and grit

Foudy/Dellandrea/Formenton
McMichael/Dunkley/Tippett
Tymkin/Cotter/Moskal
Stranges/Turko/Guskov/Panwar

Nelson/Evangelista/Popov out

the D is set...throw Golden into any package or even give him away

Perrott/Keane rotate as your 7th you need the depth. There will be an injury back there, you can almost bank on it

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The fact 3 Knights players have reported to Flint this year alone, tells me there's a good chance any player in a package would move there. Dellandrea is still high on Mark's radar

2 cards left...sniper and grit

Foudy/Dellandrea/Formenton
McMichael/Dunkley/Tippett
Tymkin/Cotter/Moskal
Stranges/Turko/Guskov/Panwar

Nelson/Evangelista/Popov out

the D is set...throw Golden into any package or even give him away

Perrott/Keane rotate as your 7th you need the depth. There will be an injury back there, you can almost bank on it
"or even give him away"....thx phlyer for the morning chuckle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad