London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
The one knights memorabilia item I always coveted would be a Goalie Mask. They are awesome and soo personal, I do have some cool knights items but nothing too crazy.

Reactions: zman77

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Yup.. Programs and mags back to when they were the Nationals

Yes (sort of).

whatcha got?

I came across a puck. Vintage knights logo. Unknown on how old, but she’s old from the looks of it. Fantastic condition.

It’s better for someone who covers this stuff and I know there are guys like you out there that would appreciate it.

Not looking to sell it, just want to give it to someone who appreciates that stuff.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I came across a puck. Vintage knights logo. Unknown on how old, but she’s old from the looks of it. Fantastic condition.

It’s better for someone who covers this stuff and I know there are guys like you out there that would appreciate it.

Not looking to sell it, just want to give it to someone who appreciates that stuff.
Sold!! My vintage knights puck is all marked up, chipped. I have pucks dating back to the early 80s.
I have a Knights' goalie stick from early 80s too that I'd be willing to part with. Never guess what colour it is...'green'! I think the goalie was Bishop, but not sure. The stick is at my mom's place.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I have 2005 Memorial Cup Team autographed goalie stick, limited edition print, spidey-man Rawski 77 Jersey game worn. Coulters 2016 memorial cup autographed stick.

A friend of mine is an avid puck collector. You could message me and I could pass along the info to him.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Sold!! My vintage knights puck is all marked up, chipped. I have pucks dating back to the early 80s.
I have a Knights' goalie stick from early 80s too that I'd be willing to part with. Never guess what colour it is...'green'! I think the goalie was Bishop, but not sure. The stick is at my mom's place.

I do t want anything in exchange bubba. If it’s something you’d appreciate, it’s yours.

A friend of mine is an avid puck collector. You could message me and I could pass along the info to him.

I’d rather gift it to someone from the site. Appreciate it though.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I mentioned in past posts of Mark possibly getting of strategic players for his team, Joey Keane was not one on my mind at the time but I see a genius move by the Knights.

I like this trade much better to the Vande Sompel one, this trade allow Bouchard and Boqvist to be to most offensive D pair in junior hockey to terrorize Knights opponents much the same way their 2016 offensive line of Dvorak\Marner\Tkachuk did. Keane and Regula can also form one of the best shut down pair as well, then we look at the depth coming up behind with Lochead and Timms and the rest of the defensive crew following. Getting Vande Sompel was more to keeping him away from other teams than strategy, Keane is a top notch all purpose D and fit well in all top four positions while vande Sompel was strikly a top two offensive D. To get him at that time was an over kill because the Knights already had top two in Juolevi and Bouchard leaving Vande Sompel playing top 4 with Mete, although Mete was an excellent player he was not the offensive minded player to fit alongside Vande Sompel to be any help, it just did not work.

Keane will fit anywhere as he does not excel in only one area like Vande Sompel did, he brings in a whole tool box full of great skills the knights can use. I don't know about the rest of all of you posters but Mark has made this one very excited for this upcoming spring hockey war.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
I mentioned in past posts of Mark possibly getting of strategic players for his team, Joey Keane was not one on my mind at the time but I see a genius move by the Knights.

I like this trade much better to the Vande Sompel one, this trade allow Bouchard and Boqvist to be to most offensive D pair in junior hockey to terrorize Knights opponents much the same way their 2016 offensive line of Dvorak\Marner\Tkachuk did. Keane and Regula can also form one of the best shut down pair as well, then we look at the depth coming up behind with Lochead and Timms and the rest of the defensive crew following. Getting Vande Sompel was more to keeping him away from other teams than strategy, Keane is a top notch all purpose D and fit well in all top four positions while vande Sompel was strikly a top two offensive D. To get him at that time was an over kill because the Knights already had top two in Juolevi and Bouchard leaving Vande Sompel playing top 4 with Mete, although Mete was an excellent player he was not the offensive minded player to fit alongside Vande Sompel to be any help, it just did not work.

Keane will fit anywhere as he does not excel in only one area like Vande Sompel did, he brings in a whole tool box full of great skills the knights can use. I don't know about the rest of all of you posters but Mark has made this one very excited for this upcoming spring hockey war.

No evidence, but I speculate Dalton was on the trade-block since the beginning of the season. This deal just made the most sense for Mark given the time-frame (i.e. WJC and end of break). I'm also suspicious that Dale was pretty much done with him before the season started, and played him only as needed to get some exposure.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
No evidence, but I speculate Dalton was on the trade-block since the beginning of the season. This deal just made the most sense for Mark given the time-frame (i.e. WJC and end of break). I'm also suspicious that Dale was pretty much done with him before the season started, and played him only as needed to get some exposure.

Agreed.

They are good at asset mamagement and if a player doesnt fit, wont buy in, cant crack the lineup, wants to move or whatever...... they will do all they can to maximize a return.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Ive given away everything considered a collectable ( I think, spring clean up may suggest otherwise lol) If I find anything I too will give it away to someone here.
Dvorak stick and Kooys autograph to a kid who probly used it for road hockey and sweated the autograph away lol.
Just gave up some 2005 stuff as well to a man cave ( had to, its a Knights/Habs den ;))

Reactions: zman77 and Otto

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Ok, so we're now back-end heavy with only so many spots, and an over abundance of bodies. Now the lack of "finish" has to be addressed, and I highly suspect that will be the next surprise. Where those surplus d-men get parked is anyone's guess, but it'll become a matter of getting back some value as they're shipped out.
Dale was inovative in establishing the 5-forward power play....wonder if we'll now get introduced to a 5-d-men penalty kill ? I jest, but one never knows.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ok, so we're now back-end heavy with only so many spots, and an over abundance of bodies. Now the lack of "finish" has to be addressed, and I highly suspect that will be the next surprise. Where those surplus d-men get parked is anyone's guess, but it'll become a matter of getting back some value as they're shipped out.
Dale was inovative in establishing the 5-forward power play....wonder if we'll now get introduced to a 5-d-men penalty kill ? I jest, but one never knows.

WOW, 5 d-men penalty kill???? :huh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think this team can bring in one elite forward and be in a good position to win it all.

But if the goal is to bring in two forwards:

Trade 1: Evangelista + Popov
Trade 2: Perrott + Tymkin + picks

Tymkin should hold decent value. Near point a game player who will probably be back next year. I just think he can be upgraded on.

Next year up front: McMichael, Foudy, Guskov, Dunkley, Moskal, Stranges, Panwar

Use both import picks on defence, and try to get a FA signing.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I think this team can bring in one elite forward and be in a good position to win it all.

Tymkin should hold decent value. Near point a game player who will probably be back next year. I just think he can be upgraded on.

I think we keep Tymkin on the forth line after the deadline as he would shred other teams come PO’s.

I rather trade with picks and keep the bodies for next year. Or trade the extra players for value picks if the did not want to be buried in depth. Probably get more for them by piecing them out. Tymkin alone should get at least a 2nd and 3rd

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think we keep Tymkin on the forth line after the deadline as he would shred other teams come PO’s.

I rather trade with picks and keep the bodies for next year. Or trade the extra players for value picks if the did not want to be buried in depth. Probably get more for them by piecing them out. Tymkin alone should get at least a 2nd and 3rd

Just never been a big fan of Tymkin’s game. He doesn’t really play a gritty game in spite of his size. He has found a scoring touch which is good but I still think he could help mitigate the costs of a potential trade

Reactions: KnightsWatch

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

With Guskov upfront you can only keep one more Euro next year.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
With the last card we all know that the Knights are going to get a power forward such as Tippett or Frost or possibly a chance of Suzuki. I dont think that Flint will let Dellandrea go since he is he only real fan draw that they have.

With the last card we all know that the Knights are going to get a power forward such as Tippett or Frost or possibly a chance of Suzuki. I dont think that Flint will let Dellandrea go since he is he only real fan draw that they have.
Dellandrea will likely be dealt...just not to London. In my opinion if he's available..you pay the price.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Dale will try anything to get a win, who knows a 5 D penalty kill if he think it’ll work for his team, hec why not a 5 D power play too with all that firepower on the back end . lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad