Prospect Info: Logan Brown part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Possible player trade targets for Logan Brown: ( Ottawa may need to add depending on the player being traded for)

Max Jones -fits team identity
Morgan Frost- speedy centre ( Alex Formenton would be a good line combination..)
Jordan Kyrou- can play centre or wing
Tyson Jost- talented centre needs a change of scenery
Sam Steel- potential good two way centre
Nolan Patrick- high risk/high reward
Conor Timmins- Right shot D-man(held back by injuries)
Dillion Dube-speedy winger

Kyrou would definitely have some appeal to me as a right shot and having such good speed. The Blues might be interested in a St. Louis native (or not). Not sure who adds in a trade like this. Maybe we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick out of the Blues? :huh:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Why trade him while his value is at the lowest it has ever been? Just doesn't make any sense.

I don't see his value as low right now. He got a decent amount of NHL games and showed a few flashes of potential. He also improved his play at the AHL level.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The Sens have invested too much time on this guy to give up on him. He needs a legitimate shot for 20 games or so on one of the top lines before you consider that move. This is a year to see what talent will rise to the next level. If he doesn't get a shot then I can see his agent requesting a trade early in the season.

Reactions: FlyingJ and Cosmix

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The Sens have invested too much time on this guy to give up on him. He needs a legitimate shot for 20 games or so on one of the top lines before you consider that move. This is a year to see what talent will rise to the next level. If he doesn't get a shot then I can see his agent requesting a trade early in the season.

Trading Brown for a prospect like Morgan Frost or Jordan Kyrou isn't really giving up though. It's using an asset to get a player you think might be a better fit.

I'm not saying I'd trade him but in these cases he'd be traded for something valuable, not just dumped for a 3rd round pick or something.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Between the rumours of his relationship with his dad (and the effect that its had on his development) and the unusual agent situation, he seems like a bit of a headcase. I think the potential return is diminished at this point, so the team might have to ride it out.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
I realize it's a different sport but someone like Bill Belichick seems to have an understanding when to trade or cut a player who doesn't work out with the team. It seems Logan Brown should be traded using that same formula ....

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The nhl stopped in March and Brown looses value not even playing games lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would rather retain L. Brown and let him play in the NHL sometime next season, whether at the season start if he earns it, or later in the year if he is needed due to injury or trade. However, if we could get a top 10 draft pick in the next draft I might trade him.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
... and what is that formula?
The best GM coaches know exactly what type of player they want or need. The key to signing and releasing players is the ability to just talent, character, and work ethic, all while keeping in mind the type of player which you, as a GM/ coach, want playing for you.
Bill B wants intelligent, fast, hard-working players who would be entirely devoted to the team . If a player like Logan Brown showed the lack of effort Bill desired in practice, that player would be let go. Players know that excellence is demanded on his team.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The best GM coaches know exactly what type of player they want or need. The key to signing and releasing players is the ability to just talent, character, and work ethic, all while keeping in mind the type of player which you, as a GM/ coach, want playing for you.
Bill B wants intelligent, fast, hard-working players who would be entirely devoted to the team . If a player like Logan Brown showed the lack of effort Bill desired in practice, that player would be let go. Players know that excellence is demanded on his team.

Ok, so you are implying Brown lacks these. Care to share where you got that for Brown?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Mann said this on Logan Brown

“I would like to see a season where Logan Brown does all the right things in the offseason and stays healthy to see what his potential is because there’s still a level to go,” Mann said in April. “And until he reaches that level, it’s going to be difficult for him to be a full-time NHL player, in my opinion.”

It's a great news scenario for Ottawa if he spent his training time well and he makes the team

The most exciting part for me is having so many NHL ready prospects and knowing that the battle for jobs will be fierce

Edit: I'm going to add to this....i think the team knows on day one of camp how the guys spent their time off. In Brown's case I'd argue that he's either knocking on the door and in the mix for a job on day one and they know that or they know that he didn't take advantage of his time off and the Brown chapter is likely closed. If we see Brown traded, it's likely to me that they weren't happy with him on day one of camp

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Seriously, just waive Logan Brown when the NHL is active again

21 y/o PPG Centers in the AHL are a dime a dozen and are blocking your more important prospects. He was the product of other rookies and sophomores.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
i would be curious to see both Batherson and Browns p/60. as of right now in the NHL bath has .44 ppg and brown .36 (Massive bust clearly) but brown got buried towards the end of his stint here last year. i would think p/60 evens out a bit more.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Mann said this on Logan Brown

“I would like to see a season where Logan Brown does all the right things in the offseason and stays healthy to see what his potential is because there’s still a level to go,” Mann said in April. “And until he reaches that level, it’s going to be difficult for him to be a full-time NHL player, in my opinion.”

It's a great news scenario for Ottawa if he spent his training time well and he makes the team

The most exciting part for me is having so many NHL ready prospects and knowing that the battle for jobs will be fierce

Edit: I'm going to add to this....i think the team knows on day one of camp how the guys spent their time off. In Brown's case I'd argue that he's either knocking on the door and in the mix for a job on day one and they know that or they know that he didn't take advantage of his time off and the Brown chapter is likely closed. If we see Brown traded, it's likely to me that they weren't happy with him on day one of camp
I hope they dont make a final decision on him just based on what shape he is in. Maybe his flexibility and cardio is up and that makes the difference. Obviously not every body type is the same its probalby hard for him to put on muscle as he is a big lank. This is when his body should start filling out, he is likely a few years behind most players his age from that stand point. But if he isnt doing the work there is nothing they can do.

Reactions: JD1 and GCK

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'd love to see him get 50 games on the 2nd line and see what numbers he could put up vs how he can handle the matchups. Let's see exactly where we're at.

Reactions: NB613 and Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I hope they dont make a final decision on him just based on what shape he is in. Maybe his flexibility and cardio is up and that makes the difference. Obviously not every body type is the same its probalby hard for him to put on muscle as he is a big lank. This is when his body should start filling out, he is likely a few years behind most players his age from that stand point. But if he isnt doing the work there is nothing they can do.

gotta think Brown comes to camp in amazing shape and with a determination to be a full time player - but they aren’t shy with him. They want him to do it a certain way and he can do it - it’s just a matter of will he.

my bet is Brown comes in and makes the team from camp. If he can’t match up vs. spezza, Thornton, KK, E Stall this season then his progress has plateaued

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I realize it's a different sport but someone like Bill Belichick seems to have an understanding when to trade or cut a player who doesn't work out with the team. It seems Logan Brown should be traded using that same formula ....
At 22. Still growing into his body?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Logan Brown has spoiled brat syndrome.

Just shut up Logan and put in the work. Good things will come.

Compare what players like White and Dzingle did in the AHL to get their shot at multi million dollar pay days vs what Brown has done. Brown has achieved more and been given less. It may be the right thing but from his view you can see why he would think he’s been held back.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What you do in the AHL gets you a consideration at the NHL level. What you do in camp, in NHL practice, and in NHL games determines how long and whether you stick. A guy like Colin White or Dzingel did what was needed to stick once they got to the NHL level, Brown to this point has not. I think had the season finished as per normal, he might have gotten an extra chance in the final dozen games, and maybe cracked the team this year, but AHL performance doesn't earn you an NHL roster spot, it just opens the door. It's up to Brown to step through that door and shut it behind him with his play at the NHL level.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What you do in the AHL gets you a consideration at the NHL level. What you do in camp, in NHL practice, and in NHL games determines how long and whether you stick. A guy like Colin White or Dzingel did what was needed to stick once they got to the NHL level, Brown to this point has not. I think had the season finished as per normal, he might have gotten an extra chance in the final dozen games, and maybe cracked the team this year, but AHL performance doesn't earn you an NHL roster spot, it just opens the door. It's up to Brown to step through that door and shut it behind him with his play at the NHL level.
Lots of players have been able to put up points in the AHL and not been able to make that next big step for a variety of reasons. Flexibility in where they can play is a factor.
I would like to have Brown get an extended look.. and be given every opportunity to make the team.. we could use his skill.. everyone has to do their parts in helping him reach the next level.. him included. The NHL is not a development league per say, but that does not mean players don't need to adjust and continue to develop there.
Brown has to be consistent and he has to be able to handle the work pace every night to start off with.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
What player reminds you the most of Logan Brown?

A) Keith Primeau
B) Nik Antropov
C) Nick Bjugstad
D) Adam Lowry
E) Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad