Prospect Info: Logan Brown part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Oops... my bad. You’re right - Lajoie was a 3rd round steal that should have played in the NHL at 20 (if not for his injury) and the Sens have been great at developing forwards recently -

Im sorry my eval on White hurts your feelings ... but he looks a lot close to my eval than a $5 million dollars player. Lots of pro exec’s have chimed in on the state of his game. Maybe he will take a developmental step, I sure hope he does. Enjoy your 1C, it will be a shame if we let (force) Brown out so we can protect what he have in White as our 1C. Enjoy your day.

LOL. Shall I break down everything that's wrong with this post?

1. Lajoie was a fifth round pick who played quite well as a rookie until injury and a partner called Cody Ceci derailed that. Then he was sent down and quickly pulled the plug on that season.

2. Where do you get the idea that you thoughts on White hurt anybody's feelings. The rantings of an obsessed internet poster don't exactly affect me. I think I'm unbiased enough to see that White had a really good rookie season followed by a subpar sophomore year. It's nothing really more than that. Where he goes from here will be interesting. I just don't feel the need to compare him to every porspect since 2010. He's a player in development. Not unusual for a 23 year old in any walk of life.

3. You say lots of pro executives have chimed in on White's game. Give me three concrete examples.

4. LOL at me enjoying my #1 C. White's not that guy and will likely never be; it's why he gets paid just less than $5M/year instead of just less than $10M/yr.

5. If we trade Logan Brown how do we know (other than the voices in your head) that it was Colin White that blocked him from making Ottawa's NHL team? What about Chris Tierney? Or Artem Anisimov? Or, heaven forbid, Logan Brown's own play and subsequent pouting?

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
I mean you are basically going to get peanuts for a #11 pick if you trade him now. You might as well give him legit ice time this season as #1 or #2 C and figure out what you got. If he plays great you can keep him or trade him for something decent while his value is high. If he plays like ass you can pretty much get the same as what you would right now.

Unless the team is already certain that he will never pan out due to lack of skill, attitude problems etc. In which case you might as well just trade him. But if there is any question, best to just let it play out. I think the most you'd get for him now would be a 2nd or 3rd, if that.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why are people such in a rush to trade Logan Brown?

Sens players/prospects haven't played a single meaningful game in 9 months, outside of those in Europe

We made a mistake trading a 23 y/o Zibanejad too fast. Logan was 21 y/o last time he played.

Can we keep him at least until he's 23?

Darren Pang was on TSN1200 this morning and was asked about Logan Brown, as they are both from St. Louis and he has familiarity with Brown, his father, his agent and the situation here in Ottawa. He made reference to the lofty expectations that are placed on 1st round picks.

He made mention of another tall Centreman that he had played with in Chicago, Adam Creighton. Creighton was 6'5" and was also drafted 11th overall in the 1st round of the '83 draft. Expectations on Creighton were similar in that he never really looked like he was working hard on the ice. Pang said that is an unfair assumption to make on players like that.

Basically what I have been trying to say forever? The tallest the guy is, the lowest effort he might seem to be giving. A 5'8 guy has to move his feet a lot to get going. A 6'6 monster has a lot of powerful work to do to be able to move.

Last edited:
Reactions: HzH and Smeddy

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Browns value is in the crapper and other teams know he wants out.

His value is at an all time low. Unless he pulls a Lindros and simply refuses to play here then we need to be patient.

Reactions: NB613

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Browns value is in the crapper and other teams know he wants out.

His value is at an all time low. Unless he pulls a Lindros and simply refuses to play here then we need to be patient.

Did he or his agent come out and actually say that "he wants out"?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Like Troy Mann said, he just needs to stay healthy. Also like TM said, when he was up with Ottawa last year he was already one of the most talented and skilled players on our nhl team.
Used on the pp as a top option. Already looked very good at the nhl level.
Health, quickness and consistency next.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did he or his agent come out and actually say that "he wants out"?
His previous agent made some comments about him being held back by the team and the old coach (Boucher) never taking a shine to him but i don't recall him publically stating he wanted out.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This is part of the problem with the White contract. White isn’t a 1-2C but he plays likes crap and gets auto placed in the lineup a head of Brown. Brown was better than White last year but one spent the year in the minors and the other has $26 million. I’d be pissed if I was Brown too. The Sens keep telling Brown to grind it out and work harder, which is fine, but they have players blocking his spot that don’t grind out effective play.

Brown deserves a chance to play between Brady and Dadonov as a 1C but that opportunity will prob go to White to hopefully “build some more confidence” . Norris deserves a chance too. Both those guys are probably better 1-2C options than White but they won’t be given a chance to battle for two spots.

In no world should Colin White be groomed as a 1C over Brown or even Norris. Their development is taking a back sheet to PD trying to extract some value out of the $26 he spent. Both are better puck distributors, puck protecters, both are stronger, both more physical, and both have better shots.

Brown’s a 6.6 elite puck distributor, Norris is the guy who finishes first in a combine and were given our 1C slot to a guy who has mental health (confidence) issues because we over paid him and he can’t live up to that contact. DJ’s already said he likes White as a RW and on this team White slots as a 4RW... that’s where he should play.... oops .. Watson is there so he slots a 5RW battling with VA for 5-6.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I know everyone is excited about he new prospects and all...but moving Brown right now would be a huge blow to the rebuild. The kid really has to pan out at this point if we want to have a team looking to make the playoffs in the next few years.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I know everyone is excited about he new prospects and all...but moving Brown right now would be a huge blow to the rebuild. The kid really has to pan out at this point if we want to have a team looking to make the playoffs in the next few years.

It’s coming - we have created a log jam ahead of Brown and are giving preference to contract status vs skill while slow played his development. Clear a path or he gets traded (forces a trade).

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
His previous agent made some comments about him being held back by the team and the old coach (Boucher) never taking a shine to him but i don't recall him publically stating he wanted out.

Boucher? Logan was still 20 y/o when Boucher got fired. I mean, everybody and himself should know he was a long term project right from the start

Disagree with this, we have a lot of good/great prospects at the moment, we can actually afford several to totally bust. Guys like Norris and Stuetzle are key though but I can't see them busting

But Brown booming would place us in a very enviable position as we could afford to have Stuetzle on LW

Tkachuk-Brown-Dadonov
Stuetzle-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-White-Brown

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Disagree with this, we have a lot of good/great prospects at the moment, we can actually afford several to totally bust. Guys like Norris and Stuetzle are key though but I can't see them busting

But Brown booming would place us in a very enviable position as we could afford to have Stuetzle on LW

Tkachuk-Brown-Dadonov
Stuetzle-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-White-Brown

Yes, we can have some bust....but not a kid penciled in as a 1 or 2C. Those two spots are critical.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yes, we can have some bust....but not a kid penciled in as a 1 or 2C. Those two spots are critical.

Brown is not critical. You "only" need 3 top line centers.

Stuetzle
Norris
Brown
Pinto
Greig
White
Chlapik
Paul

There's also stop gaps like Tierney, or you go out and make a trade. We are also going to keep on drafting players.

IMO, the critical guys at forward are Stuetzle, Tkachuk, Norris, Formenton and Batherson. May the best of the rest win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad