Prospect Info: Logan Brown part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I honestly think this kid may end up winning the number one C spot right out of camp and be playing with BT and maybe bath right out the box.

Might be hard to keep Abramov off the roster as well....

Really good problems to have

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He is playing really hard . He really looks like he wants it. He can push someone to the wing or play the wing to start the year if he keeps it going.

Maturity.

We saw it finally kick in with Spezza and seems it has for Brown as well. Can’t rely on skill alone anymore. Skill gets you to the NHL. Hard work keeps you there

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The two games played by rookies have shown us players with a lot of future potential. I am glad to see them do well. The next level of play at training camp and pre-season games will be a better test of their readiness for the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The two games played by rookies have shown us players with a lot of future potential. I am glad to see them do well. The next level of play at training camp and pre-season games will be a better test of their readiness for the NHL.
flat-vector-wise-man-dispensing-260nw-357966488.jpg

Reactions: Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

No man Brown is going to be our #1C right out of camp and win the Calder. Haven't you heard? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Should put the link to this thread in the stickied player discussion thread. It still links to the closed Logan Brown 1 thread

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Remember when Spezza was sent down & JM didn't want to put him in the lineup because he wasn't quite grown up yet to play in a man's league. I don't think this is the same situation although it could be given his agent's remark, but it's a business & who knows what this nut job management team is thinking. There is no way Chlapik outplayed Brown something else is going on that PD & the brain trust are not telling anyone publicly ... yet.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Remember when Spezza was sent down & JM didn't want to put him in the lineup because he wasn't quite grown up yet to play in a man's league. I don't think this is the same situation although it could be given his agent's remark, but it's a business & who knows what this nut job management team is thinking. There is no way Chlapik outplayed Brown something else is going on that PD & the brain trust are not telling anyone publicly ... yet.
I think it just comes down to different expectations for different players. They expect brown to take that 1C job by earning it While chlapik is just expected to be a decent 3rd liner.

Reactions: derriko

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think it just comes down to different expectations for different players. They expect brown to take that 1C job by earning it While chlapik is just expected to be a decent 3rd liner.
whats hainsey expected tobe

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Listened to clips of the interview on the Radio, and it wasn’t AS BAD as some of quotes make it sound.

There’s only a handful of players drafted after Logan that have permanently cracked their NHL team, and I’m sure if someone spent the time to look, they likely haven’t missed as many games due to injury, that Brown has.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I dont think Chlapik outplayed Brown either however I suspect the org doesn't view Chlapik as someone they want on board for the long haul but they clearly want Brown

Chlapik will end up an interchangeable part in a bottom 6 role and he's likely as prepared as he'll ever be for that role. There are higher aspirations for Brown and based solely on the one preseason game I saw he could benefit from a bit more prep time

Reactions: aragorn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kinda silly for his agent to rock the boat though. We al know there's going to be a few guys traded throughout the season, and likely a lot of callups and roster changes as the coaching staff starts to settle a bit more on what system and personnel they have that works best.

Don't burn those bridges just before you have your golden opportunity.

Reactions: Crosside

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
A lot of people are down on Brown these days and think he's starting to enter bust territory. There's almost no hype around him right now, which is weird. He actually had a really good year if you think about it. 21 year-old 6'6 Centre averaging 0.35 points per game in the NHL, but less than 12 minutes of ice time per game, and on a not-so-skilled team. I don't think it's a complete coincidence that Duclair's slump started right when Logan was sent down to Belleville.

Had some pretty great numbers in the NHL and once he got to Belleville, he put up over a PPG before getting hurt. Would have loved to see him in the Calder run.

IMO he only thing stopping him from being a 1C is his durability. Really hope he's using this time to heal up and add strength and mobility.

I think that if we added two elite forwards from the draft to Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris and Brown, we'd have built a very well-rounded top 6, all 22 or younger. The talent should help Brown realize his potential.

But 2021 is definitely his put up or shut up year. I think he'll put up.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A lot of people are down on Brown these days and think he's starting to enter bust territory. There's almost no hype around him right now, which is weird. He actually had a really good year if you think about it. 21 year-old 6'6 Centre averaging 0.35 points per game in the NHL, but less than 12 minutes of ice time per game, and on a not-so-skilled team. I don't think it's a complete coincidence that Duclair's slump started right when Logan was sent down to Belleville.

Had some pretty great numbers in the NHL and once he got to Belleville, he put up over a PPG before getting hurt. Would have loved to see him in the Calder run.

IMO he only thing stopping him from being a 1C is his durability. Really hope he's using this time to heal up and add strength and mobility.

I think that if we added two elite forwards from the draft to Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris and Brown, we'd have built a very well-rounded top 6, all 22 or younger. The talent should help Brown realize his potential.

But 2021 is definitely his put up or shut up year. I think he'll put up.
I agree with all of this, he has to come into camp in incredible shape or he is going to get lost in the shuffle. It is time for him to prove he is an every day NHL player. He has the raw ability, lets see if he has the fortitude to put in the work raise his compete level and be a player. The talent is there, I wonder about the desire. There is a spot to be taken. A training camp with Brown, Byfield/Stutzle and Norris competing for the lone open center position should make for some fierce competition.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I agree with all of this, he has to come into camp in incredible shape or he is going to get lost in the shuffle. It is time for him to prove he is an every day NHL player. He has the raw ability, lets see if he has the fortitude to put in the work raise his compete level and be a player. The talent is there, I wonder about the desire. There is a spot to be taken. A training camp with Brown, Byfield/Stutzle and Norris competing for the lone open center position should make for some fierce competition.

And knowing that he might get lost in the shuffle better be enough of a motivator

In no order

White
Chaplik
Tierney
Anisimov
Norris
Paul
Draft picks

He could find himself way down that chart. We need him playing top 6 minutes by the 2nd half of next year....assuming there is a next year

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And knowing that he might get lost in the shuffle better be enough of a motivator

In no order

White
Chaplik
Tierney
Anisimov
Norris
Paul
Draft picks

He could find himself way down that chart. We need him playing top 6 minutes by the 2nd half of next year....assuming there is a next year
Paul doesn't belong on that list, he isn't a center at the NHL level and is a far worse center at the AHL level.

So really, it's Tierney, Norris, White, Anisimov. Lots of opportunity to bump a guy imo.

I also don't think Chlapik competes for the same role, typically a winger in the NHL.

Anisimov is likely gone after next season, so he is a placeholder.

Next years draft picks are unlikely to be competing for spots unless we draft Byfield.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
The challenge for Brown, is the way he plays has meant the coaches were reluctant to give him a pure bottom 6 role with a couple of checking wingers, because that would mean Brown would not be effective, and neither would the line. How he has moved around in the defensive zone as a center is sometimes tough for coaches. However, guys like White and Chlapik can take on that role a bit easier given their style of play and the energy they bring. So he's a bit more of an elite "project", and his injuries have also compounded things. While his ice time has never been great with Ottawa, he has been given some decent linemates at times.

I do think he can still be one of our top 2 centers, and really like what he does with his stick defensively (picks off a lot of pucks like Stone used to). I actually think he can be a bit of a Stone type of player in some ways. Not quite as smart or as quick a stick perhaps, but in a much bigger frame and with a bigger reach that can impose itself down low and in the offensive zone. He can be an elite dishman at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad