Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
I still dont like us not giving Stu a shot at center ,with his skating and skill with the puck..To go along with the playmaking ability he has....It seems a no brainer TBH

Perhaps he is thriving because he is on the wing and not having to worry about the extra responsibility of playing center. Just not sure what the rush is to move him. let him have a great introduction to the NHL this year on the wing. Keep gaining more confidence while learning the league. I'd start giving him reps at center next training camp, when you can he can learn the system and practice in a lower pressure environment.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So i guess we are left to pick and choose what to believe when they talk...

Anyways, i still think the biggest barrier to having both Norris and Brown on the opening night roster was finances. They had too many one way contracts for fringe players and weren't willing to pay to have them on the taxi squad.
I’m not sure about that. They could have put Brown on the taxi squad and just shuffled out someone on game days. In fact if it was only finances then Brown and Norris could both be sent to the taxi squad on non game days.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I’m not sure about that. They could have put Brown on the taxi squad and just shuffled out someone on game days. In fact if it was only finances then Brown and Norris could both be sent to the taxi squad on non game days.

I am still thinking they spent extra money this year so they are allowed to have it returned from the NHLPA when the time comes later

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Perhaps he is thriving because he is on the wing and not having to worry about the extra responsibility of playing center. Just not sure what the rush is to move him. let him have a great introduction to the NHL this year on the wing. Keep gaining more confidence while learning the league. I'd start giving him reps at center next training camp, when you can he can learn the system and practice in a lower pressure environment.
Meh dont buy into the pressure part some kids just have it ,I think he would thrive in whatever role he plays...Add in more touches for a kids that loves to have the puck on his stick and it seems like a perfect fit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel like they might get in trouble with the NHLPA if they are too obvious in doing that. It could be argued it's cap circumvention and certainly isn't within the intent or spirit of the CBA and subsequent agreements made in light of the pandemic. They've gotten away with it on Brannstrom, but it's not something i think they want to push to the limits.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Brown has barely played at all in a calendar year. The organization already said that they want him to have some AHL games under his belt this year and then they'll re-assess. Seems fairly straight forward at this point.
Gudbrannson coburn and josh brown also barely played

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I feel like they might get in trouble with the NHLPA if they are too obvious in doing that. It could be argued it's cap circumvention and certainly isn't within the intent or spirit of the CBA and subsequent agreements made in light of the pandemic. They've gotten away with it on Brannstrom, but it's not something i think they want to push to the limits.
There have been over 2200 transactions this year. Most teams are doing it to circumvent the cap. Toronto is one of the most aggressive.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Because we dont have enough quality T6 wingers for him to play with...He belongs with guys like Batherson Tkachuk Stu etc...Not with Watson, Peca,Haley and limited ice time

Who do you think he plays with when he gets NHL time? I will be shocked if he is on a top 3 line as they make him "earn it".

The refrain about missing time so he needs to wait doesn't make sense as the entire team hadn't played in a year.

He had camp and then they sat him down - the team limited his chances being able to play early and then he eventually got injured.

He should play with Ottawa after these 5 games and then he should get PP2 time even if stuck on the 4th line.

If he gets Dzingel and Watson that wouldn't be bad...

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Coburn won the cup last season and has over 1000 games played.
Gudbranson has well over 500 games played.
Josh Brown has over 100 games played.

Logan Brown has 29 NHL games and last played in the NHL in Dec 2019. He last played last February 2020 and this year has had exactly 2 AHL games before getting injured and apparently he didn't play well in those games. So maybe instead of throwing him into the NHL meat grinder and have him get trounced, the club would like him to get a week or two of AHL play under his belt first? Heck, it's what he should want. He needs to shake off any rust and get up to game speed. IMHO it would be UNFAIR to put him in an NHL game right now.

EDIT: And I am a huge booster of this player. I really hope he can make the team soon. But he needs some time in the AHL. If only for conditioning and game prep.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Which is it, a 28 man roster or a 23 man roster? Pick one, you can't claim its both the team and not the team, the roster and not the roster. Being a heathly scratch on the main roster or as part of the taxi squad is a distinction without a difference. Guys on two way contracts tend to end up on the later for financial reasons alone.

People are advocating Brown get games to see where he stands at this level after being a top producer the last two years in the AHL, if he runs with it great, if he gets 4 games and struggles, no big deal, now the team knows. We need to do this because Brown is expansion draft eligible, they need to make the call on whether he should be protected or not.

Maybe if instead of giving plugs like Haley games we inserted talented players we could ice 4 good lines instead of 3. Brown doesn't have to come in as a 4th liner, he can play in the top 9 instead if Anisimov who's aweful in that role anyways.

Development and maintenance aren't even close to being the same things.

Everybody wants to see him do well and be successful, but there are some flags with the prospect. Outside of that, he's played 2 AHL games in 13 months and all reports are that they went poorly. Brown needs to be in game shape with the right attitude to make the most of his opportunity.

Anisimov isn't in the top-9 and the other two are only getting games for maintenance and roster management.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Coburn won the cup last season and has over 1000 games played.
Gudbranson has well over 500 games played.
Josh Brown has over 100 games played.

Logan Brown has 29 NHL games and last played in the NHL in Dec 2019. He last played last February 2020 and this year has had exactly 2 AHL games before getting injured and apparently he didn't play well in those games. So maybe instead of throwing him into the NHL meat grinder and have him get trounced, the club would like him to get a week or two of AHL play under his belt first? Heck, it's what he should want. He needs to shake off any rust and get up to game speed. IMHO it would be UNFAIR to put him in an NHL game right now.

EDIT: And I am a huge booster of this player. I really hope he can make the team soon. But he needs some time in the AHL. If only for conditioning and game prep.

And if he didn't get hurt, he would have been here by now , especially when Stepan went down.

And every time Mann is on, he always says the same damn thing about Brown : when he has the puck he is fine. He has to work on his game away from the puck. Do people know that means, especially a center?

Last season, he was doing ok until he didn't back check in Minny and that play resulted in a goal. he was benched and not long after he was gone. This guy knows what the coaches want, just effing do it already

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
And if he didn't get hurt, he would have been here by now , especially when Stepan went down.

And every time Mann is on, he always says the same damn thing about Brown : when he has the puck he is fine. He has to work on his game away from the puck. Do people know that means, especially a center?

Last season, he was doing ok until he didn't back check in Minny and that play resulted in a goal. he was benched and not long after he was gone. This guy knows what the coaches want, just effing do it already
You think that if Brown had played 2 more AHL games thatd be the difference in him being here now and not? That was all the time he missed.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
its March 3rd and Logan has only played 2 games since before last March. You can't make this shit up. Once the organization knew that the AHL was delayed he should have been called up right away. If you are okay with Haley playing ass mins in games you can get Brown into more than just 2-4 games.

Absolutely a silly move by the organization.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Dorion and coaches have mismanaged L. Brown, he should have been on this team last year and given a chance to get his reps in and learn at the NHL level. We are a last place team using roster spots on useless old vets and plugs. If he played last season and this season we would have a great idea of what we have or don't have in Logan.

The mismanagement of his career by Dorion would leave anyone in Logan's postion unmotivated and possibly wanting a trade.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
They've tried the same tactic about four times by my count and it has never worked.

Time to move on. I'm not going to blame Brown, I'm not going to blame coaches, I'm not going to blame management.

Everyone is at fault and no one is at fault.

If it was going to work out, it would have worked out already. Just send him away. Even if he goes on to success elsewhere, I am confident at this point it just would not have happened in Ottawa

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion and coaches have mismanaged L. Brown, he should have been on this team last year and given a chance to get his reps in and learn at the NHL level. We are a last place team using roster spots on useless old vets and plugs. If he played last season and this season we would have a great idea of what we have or don't have in Logan.

The mismanagement of his career by Dorion would leave anyone in Logan's postion unmotivated and possibly wanting a trade.
Double Like

Reactions: Yak

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

What about his lack of motivation that goes back to the OHL ?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I love the let the player off the hook mentality around here. Did Batherson sulk around, nope he worked hard in the off season and forced his way into prime minutes. Did Norris let injuries derail him, nope he worked harder and pushed his way into the lineup. Did Brannstrom decide he wanted out, nope he played his way out of the AHL. Did Paul give up and blame the org, nope he changed his mindset and improve his fitness and pushed his way up the lineup. When White sat out at the start of the season did his agent send out hints he wanted a change of scenery, nope he got his chance, moved his feet and hasn’t looked back. What will Logan do to force the org to play him ?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I love the let the player off the hook mentality around here. Did Batherson sulk around, nope he worked hard in the off season and forced his way into prime minutes. Did Norris let injuries derail him, nope he worked harder and pushed his way into the lineup. Did Brannstrom decide he wanted out, nope he played his way out of the AHL. Did Paul give up and blame the org, nope he changed his mindset and improve his fitness and pushed his way up the lineup. When White sat out at the start of the season did his agent send out hints he wanted a change of scenery, nope he got his chance, moved his feet and hasn’t looked back. What will Logan do to force the org to play him ?
Pretty much this,there is an obvious hole down the middle in our top 6 ....Its up to Logan to come and take it

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Are you speculating that Brown is doing any of that?

According to the nhl coach he started training camp off very well. Reports were he worked hard in the off season.
According to the ahl coach a couple days ago, brown had two very good practices this week and is ready to go.

Before the year started Troy Mann said all he has to do is stay healthy. Didn’t have anything negative to say. Yeah he got injured in game two and that’s kind of ridiculous but it’s not like he injured himself intentionally. Do you know how he got injured?

He is going to make the team just as he turns 23. Is that so terrible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille