Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I love the let the player off the hook mentality around here. Did Batherson sulk around, nope he worked hard in the off season and forced his way into prime minutes. Did Norris let injuries derail him, nope he worked harder and pushed his way into the lineup. Did Brannstrom decide he wanted out, nope he played his way out of the AHL. Did Paul give up and blame the org, nope he changed his mindset and improve his fitness and pushed his way up the lineup. When White sat out at the start of the season did his agent send out hints he wanted a change of scenery, nope he got his chance, moved his feet and hasn’t looked back. What will Logan do to force the org to play him ?
The thing is Brown has done all these things but he's not being given an opportunity like those guys. Pretty simple. Batherson is the perfect example. He came up, struggled to produce but they didn't just bury him, they let him play through it and it helped him tremendously having that consistency to get used to the speed of the NHL and now be a very productive player.

Same thing happened with Norris. Norris had a pretty rough stretch after a hot start here this year. He's starting to look better, and getting more engaged.

Just do the same thing with Brown as you did with these two.

Reactions: Viletho and Yak

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What I have trouble with is Dorion signing a bunch of old aging vets who have a very limited future with the team and not playing the young prospects that do have a future. There was no significant need to sign or trade for Peca, Hailey, Paquette, Stepan, Gudbrannson, Coburn.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Dorion and coaches have mismanaged L. Brown, he should have been on this team last year and given a chance to get his reps in and learn at the NHL level. We are a last place team using roster spots on useless old vets and plugs. If he played last season and this season we would have a great idea of what we have or don't have in Logan.

The mismanagement of his career by Dorion would leave anyone in Logan's postion unmotivated and possibly wanting a trade.

Thomas Chabot, under the Dorion regime and 2 years now with DJ
Collin White, the same
Tkachuk, Dorion draft, more or less a DJ player
Norris, not a Dorion pick, but a trade, DJ
Stuzle, Dorion, DJ
Batherson, Dorion, DJ
Formenton, Dorion...not yet in pros, but high hopes.

Why are they okay and why is Dorion/DJ okay with them? but not okay with Brown?

Brown may not have been Dorion's draft pick..But he is Melnyk's. Why would Melnyk allow a #11 pick to be poorly handled and to allow him to become a wasted pick?

He is a big bodied center..those guys are precious. DJ should be tripping over his own feet, trying to get him to succeed. A productive Brown, possibly on the first or second line, would catapult the team to mid table, if not higher. Melnyk's FYOUS probably had a large chunk of a star Brown in it.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
The thing is Brown has done all these things but he's not being given an opportunity like those guys. Pretty simple. Batherson is the perfect example. He came up, struggled to produce but they didn't just bury him, they let him play through it and it helped him tremendously having that consistency to get used to the speed of the NHL and now be a very productive player.

Same thing happened with Norris. Norris had a pretty rough stretch after a hot start here this year. He's starting to look better, and getting more engaged.

Just do the same thing with Brown as you did with these two.
A #11 pick..that pick does not belong to Dorion. It belongs to Melnyk...Every pick belongs to Melnyk. Why would Melnyk allow such a precious asset to whither?

Since 2000, only about 1/2 of all #11 picks amounted to anything and only 2 have become stars, Kopitar and Carter. Since 2010, virtually all picks have been busts. F. Forsberg being the exception. He had a few good seasons, but nothing earth shattering.

That 2016 draft was rich with 5 or 6 stars and weak everywhere else. Only 3 players have played 300 or more games. Only 11 have played 200 or more games. We are talking now a max of 353 games that could have been played. Only 9 have scored 100 or more points. Mathews is the only point a game or more player. The #4, #5, #7, #8, #10-12 are all busts or partial busts. Some may recover, but I doubt it.

He may just be a bust. Or he may be an enfant terrible?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Stutzle is not a Dorion, DJ player. He just happen to fall in our lap. If we were picking #2 we would definitely go for Byfield.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stutzle is not a Dorion, DJ player. He just happen to fall in our lap. If we were picking #2 we would definitely go for Byfield.
You mean the same Dorian who had a hand in moving up and drafting karlsson ?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
According to the ahl coach a couple days ago, brown had two very good practices this week and is ready to go.

Two good practices after I'm sure what was a very stern conversation because two awful games before being injured before the next two.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well, Brad Smith was on the radio today (he was doing colour on the BSens game yesterday) and didn't have a glowing review of Logan's play. It was the usual criticism of his pace. Was saying he'll need a good chunk of games to get up to speed. If he ever gets up to speed that is...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well, Brad Smith was on the radio today (he was doing colour on the BSens game yesterday) and didn't have a glowing review of Logan's play. It was the usual criticism of his pace. Was saying he'll need a good chunk of games to get up to speed. If he ever gets up to speed that is...
He looked the exact same last year lol. But no one cared Becuase he was putting up points and general controlling play.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We’re twenty games into the season and some here are still defending and patient with. gudbransson. Let’s give brown more than 3.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I have always thought this. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Sanderson ahead of Stutzle, but had no choice but to pick him. Either way, I am sure they are quite happy with the way things turned out.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I was all in favor of being patient with Logan Brown but I'm starting to lose my hopes...

May Be Time for Sens, Brown to Part Ways
that's bordering on scumbag/brennan writing. Nothing new there and an attempt to stir up shit. Guy needs to shut it.
Like, you can write an article like that every day about every prospect that hasn't made it yet. Write one like that about formenton. Write one about gustavsson, JBD, abramov.

He is making the team just as he's turning 23 coming off his AHL season in which he was one of the league's best.

Patience idiots.

Having said that..it doesn't even matter that much anymore whether Brown works out or not.
Stutzle
Pinto
White
whoever

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
that's bordering on scumbag/brennan writing. Nothing new there and an attempt to stir up shit. Guy needs to shut it.
Like, you can write an article like that every day about every prospect that hasn't made it yet. Write one like that about formenton. Write one about gustavsson, JBD, abramov.

He is making the team just as he's turning 23 coming off his AHL season in which he was one of the league's best.

Patience idiots.

Having said that..it doesn't even matter that much anymore whether Brown works out or not.
Stutzle
Pinto
White
whoever
Were you aware, that people are allowed to have opinions without necessarily having to be called idiots?
It was his own problem that he lost his spot on the team (to Norris) because he didnt show up at camp. Hopefully, he'll stop the laziness and step it up a notch

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol...Not even close to the same thing
Point is people start slow.

we were getting shelled non stop for 3 straight weeks. Bunch of excuses. I’ll give brown a couple slow games in the ahl. Although he looks like he did last year lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They should just call him up if anything to show the fans that they arent joking about him...Just give him a spot no questions asked,and mess with a young team that is working their asses off to try and win

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I think the inability to stay healthy is what has been holding Brown back. Every time he starts to establish his game, he gets hurt. Hopefully he can get a real stretch of good health, a couple seasons in a row would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad