Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 3

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Definitely. You never know when you're going to get run by a teammate in training camp

I'm pretty sure a lot of guys who are bubble physical guys are physical in camp too. It honestly should be expected.

I remember Neil fighting a few guys in training camp but then saying he expects them to finish their hits. Everyone is fighting for a job. Everyone is emotional. Blah blah blah.

I wouldn't go to a training camp expecting guys NOT to finish their hits. Thats asking for injuries.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm pretty sure a lot of guys who are bubble physical guys are physical in camp too. It honestly should be expected.

I remember Neil fighting a few guys in training camp but then saying he expects them to finish their hits. Everyone is fighting for a job. Everyone is emotional. Blah blah blah.

I wouldn't go to a training camp expecting guys NOT to finish their hits. Thats asking for injuries.
Remember when Patrick Seiloff I think it was hit MacArthur at training camp & most of the team & fans hated on the poor guy for finishing his check. In hindsight MacArthur just wasn't ready for contact & they had him in there too early & it was clear he was done at that point.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Remember when Patrick Seiloff I think it was hit MacArthur at training camp & most of the team & fans hated on the poor guy for finishing his check. In hindsight MacArthur just wasn't ready for contact & they had him in there too early & it was clear he was done at that point.

I agree on the Seiloff hit. On the Brown hit, as i understood it, it was a dirty hit and i don't think guys should expect that in camp and it may have cost Brown a chance to break camp with the big team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I agree on the Seiloff hit. On the Brown hit, as i understood it, it was a dirty hit and i don't think guys should expect that in camp and it may have cost Brown a chance to break camp with the big team.
I never saw anything that suggested it was a dirty hit. Do you happened to recall what gave you that impression? I know Tkachuk and Brown fought, but from his comments afterwards Tkachuk was saying it was just a high intensity practice, I guess it's natural to downplay the incident.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I never saw anything that suggested it was a dirty hit. Do you happened to recall what gave you that impression? I know Tkachuk and Brown fought, but from his comments afterwards Tkachuk was saying it was just a high intensity practice, I guess it's natural to downplay the incident.

That hit was at a camp without spectators so I'm going off how it was portrayed in the media and Tkachuk fighting him. High intensity or not, the fight between two guys that played together in their childhood likely doesn't happen if the hit is clean

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That hit was at a camp without spectators so I'm going off how it was portrayed in the media and Tkachuk fighting him. High intensity or not, the fight between two guys that played together in their childhood likely doesn't happen if the hit is clean
Ok. That's fair, just thought maybe you'd seen something I hadn't and was curious.

We've seen a lot of examples where players think something dirty happened and a fight starts up only to see on replay there was nothing really there, all I remember is the media portraying it as taking Chabot hard into the boards, and Chabot saying he went down awkwardly, without the benefit of replay I'm a bit hesitant to assume it was dirty particularly since Brown doesn't have that reputation, but then again, as a guy that isn't typically hard hitting, maybe he was reckless because he was trying to play a more physical style that fell outside his comfort zone.

Edit, to be clear, I'm not saying it wasn't dirty, just that I don't have enough info one way or another. If you saw more media chatter that suggested it was, I'll take you at your word as I don't really have reason to believe it wasn't dirty either.

Reactions: jbeck5

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If Brown stays healthy he will be our 2LC by game 11 IMO.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If Brown stays healthy he will be our 2LC by game 11 IMO.

the second he steps on the ice he is our 1-2C … the only question is how long he stays on the ice…

He had a terrible start to the 2020 season .. it took him a few games to get it going but a full training camp should be fine.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I really hope Logan pulls this off. Been waiting a long time for this player, but I still think he can do it.

Most of us had given up on Paul too, but here we are with the Yashin trade ripples still going strong. (I firmly believe it's still too early to assess that trade, but things are looking good for us)

Reactions: aragorn

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well I was being hopeful for him, Dean just said on the radio, in skating drills, Logan came in last each time in his group, however he did come in second last once, but Dean said Cole Reinhardt fell in that drill.

Reactions: DJB and Crosside

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Well I was being hopeful for him, Dean just said on the radio, in skating drills, Logan came in last each time in his group, however he did come in second last once, but Dean said Cole Reinhardt fell in that drill.
He's trying not to get hurt.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Dean loves to think that he is a funny guy, but we all know that Logan's strengths are in his vision, passing and playmaking. He will never be the best skater on the ice, he will never be noticeable because of how hard or fast he skates, but he will make plays that will get him noticed and will lead to scoring chances.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Dean loves to think that he is a funny guy, but we all know that Logan's strengths are in his vision, passing and playmaking. He will never be the best skater on the ice, he will never be noticeable because of how hard or fast he skates, but he will make plays that will get him noticed and will lead to scoring chances.

That’s great for the PP or offensive zone, when it’s time to get back, is the problem. Being the slowest skater obviously doesn’t help. I’m hoping he could grab a job, but still worried he might not.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

That doesn't matter for shit in a game that's gotten much quicker over the last decade

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I really hope Logan pulls this off. Been waiting a long time for this player, but I still think he can do it.

Most of us had given up on Paul too, but here we are with the Yashin trade ripples still going strong. (I firmly believe it's still too early to assess that trade, but things are looking good for us)
It's too early to give up on him completely. It was always gonna be a long development curve. I didn't expect him to start to contribute until he was 21/22. He is basically at that point now with the injuries covid etc. However what I've heard is he really does have a poor work ethic so unless that changed he won't make it.

Reactions: Crosside

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That doesn't matter for shit in a game that's gotten much quicker over the last decade

There are still plenty of slower players in the league, and they survive just fine.

Logan will just need to play with two speedy wingers who can make up for that delay in him getting back on the transition. Once he is in the zone, good coaching can teach good defense.

He just has to stay healthy, and put in the effort in training camp and then continue that effort if he is granted games in the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad