Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 3

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
^imo you dont put greig or sokolov as extras. I think that is why we signed sherwood and it might be parker kelly.

Question for the contract guys. I know Brown was eligible for waivers. With a two way deal signed here is he still eligible for waivers or not?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
^imo you dont put greig or sokolov as extras. I think that is why we signed sherwood and it might be parker kelly.

Question for the contract guys. I know Brown was eligible for waivers. With a two way deal signed here is he still eligible for waivers or not?

Brown has to pass through waivers this year. Two-way contract or not.

Reactions: NB613 and TheNewEra

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Eligible for waivers

Reactions: TheNewEra

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

The two way deal is strictly money related. Does not affect a players waiver eligibility or not.

Reactions: NB613 and TheNewEra

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Prediction:
Brown plays on 4 different NHL teams this season before finally being claimed by Ottawa and sent to Belleville.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Glad to hear he signed, but that came in about 125k less than his QO. Strange that he held out so long for that.

I thought the whole point of a qualifying offer was that a team has to at least match that number on a proceeding deal?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought the whole point of a qualifying offer was that a team has to at least match that number on a proceeding deal?

It's +5% at his salary level, but he didn't sign the QO, I believe it would have expired quite a while ago

Maybe he got a higher AHL salary though?

Assen na yo!
Ya, I was thinking that might be the case, but his AHL salary is still fairly low. Still, 100k is an improvement over 70k + 5 %

If Brown goes to the AHL does he have to clear waivers ?

Yes, he'll need to clear waivers to be sent down

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It's +5% at his salary level, but he didn't sign the QO, I believe it would have expired quite a while ago

Ya, I was thinking that might be the case, but his AHL salary is still fairly low. Still, 100k is an improvement over 70k + 5 %

Yes, he'll need to clear waivers to be sent down

perfect - the Sens will need to keep him on the roster.

Reactions: Dino Tkachuk

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Wouldn't be surprised if the sens promised to trade him or put him on waivers if the start of the season doesn't go well for him.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Wouldn't be surprised if the sens promised to trade him or put him on waivers if the start of the season doesn't go well for him.

They should crank him through L1-2 for 25+ games and if they don’t see anything let him go… if they think White/Tierney is better just set him free(waive him).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Great news. Looking forward to seeing what happens now.

Cheering for the guy. He's going to have to work real hard. But....so does everyone else.
Go Sens.

Last edited:

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Extremely glad that he's here. The best scenario for him and the team is still that he grabs one of the top center spots and solidifies the position.

Reactions: Sweatred

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I want to be positive about Brown, but I just find it difficult to picture him really blowing anyone away with playing during camp.

He just does not seem like the type of player who stands out in scrimmages and practice drills. His worth will only shine once pre-season starts and he gets a couple of games in to show he is ready to take the next step, by displaying that elite playmaking skill that he has.

I just hope that he has elevated his personal training and has possibly added a more physical and aggressive element to his game that would help him be productive on the ice even when he is not carrying the puck.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I want to be positive about Brown, but I just find it difficult to picture him really blowing anyone away with playing during camp.

He just does not seem like the type of player who stands out in scrimmages and practice drills. His worth will only shine once pre-season starts and he gets a couple of games in to show he is ready to take the next step, by displaying that elite playmaking skill that he has.

I just hope that he has elevated his personal training and has possibly added a more physical and aggressive element to his game that would help him be productive on the ice even when he is not carrying the puck.

On top of that, he's the antithesis of what DJ likes. I'm pulling for Logan, but I think it will be a tall order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad