Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 3

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Well now we just have to follow him in St. Louis.
Barely any less intriguing

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So basically like Jason Spezza played? All I have to go off of, is the time I've seen him in the NHL when he was up. He looked good. I am using the eye test here. I haven't seen enough of him in the AHL to know what his play is like down there. However, he definitely shone down there too, for a time. To me I am wondering if it is continual injuries and a lack of confidence.

Comparing Logan Brown to Jason Spezza because he's a lanky "playmaker" would be like comparing Patrick Wiercioch to Shea Weber because he's big and has a big slapshot.

These are players who are in completely different stratospheres, and always have been.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Comparing Logan Brown to Jason Spezza because he's a lanky "playmaker" would be like comparing Patrick Wiercioch to Shea Weber because he's big and has a big slapshot.

These are players who are in completely different stratospheres, and always have been.

Funny because they are only compared to each based on their worse qualities, which is being disengaged in the play and skating slow, looking uninterested. Only difference is Spezza was so talented he could do that and put up 100pts in a season and actually play on an NHL roster fulltime.

Reactions: lancepitlick

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Funny because they are only compared to each based on their worse qualities, which is being disengaged in the play and skating slow, looking uninterested. Only difference is Spezza was so talented he could do that and put up 100pts in a season and actually play on an NHL roster fulltime.
Spezza wasn't slow - he might not have have had the quickest first steps but he played with speed when he needed to. Being patient is not the same thing as slow.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Looks like Brown is playing his 30th game tonight. We get our fourth round pick back LFG!!

NHL stats: 29 GP, 3G, 4A, 10:04 ATOI, -4
AHL stats: 19 GP, 6G, 11A, +4

Safe to say Logan Brown is officially a bust. Looking back on the trade, we got 62 games of Zach Sanford + a 5th in exchange for Logan Brown. Honestly not terrible even though Sanford wasn't at all impressive.

Just happy the trade will officially be complete and the Logan Brown saga is over. I was scared for a minute when he got off to a hot start with STL but in the end it was nothing.

Also happy that his insane dad has likely come to terms with the fact that his son will never be an NHL star like he was back in the day.

Reactions: Micklebot

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Glad to have the pick back. I'm more glad the Blues are playing him. It would be a dick move to sit him and take a bunch of money out of his pocket just to keep a mid-round pick. Luckily coaches usually don't care about late picks the way fans do.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Looks like Brown is playing his 30th game tonight. We get our fourth round pick back LFG!!

NHL stats: 29 GP, 3G, 4A, 10:04 ATOI, -4
AHL stats: 19 GP, 6G, 11A, +4

Safe to say Logan Brown is officially a bust. Looking back on the trade, we got 62 games of Zach Sanford + a 5th in exchange for Logan Brown. Honestly not terrible even though Sanford wasn't at all impressive.

Just happy the trade will officially be complete and the Logan Brown saga is over. I was scared for a minute when he got off to a hot start with STL but in the end it was nothing.

Also happy that his insane dad has likely come to terms with the fact that his son will never be an NHL star like he was back in the day.

Blues have one of the deepest forward group in the league. He scored points at the beginning when he was playing 13 mins per game. I saw a few games/periods and he wasn't looking bad at all. Now he's playing like 7 mins per game with a very low chance of getting points.

He has a one way contract next season and depending what they'll do, he might get a better opportunity than currently. The progress this season is that he hasn't been injury prone (only out with illness I believe) so it's a step in the right direction for him.

He's a Sens draft pick playing out West, I hope he becomes a regular.

Reactions: SquidNasty

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I can feel the power of that 4th rounder coursing through my veins!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
As I mentioned several times, GMs don’t typically behave this way towards other GMs, and they don’t typically behave this way towards players.

The 4th was in case Brown proved to not be good enough to even crack their line up, it’s a gentleman’s agreement so that if Brown couldn’t cut it in his home town, they would get a 4th for Sandford, who is at least an NHL player. They were never going to try and ‘cheat’ the spirit of the deal to get both outcomes.

As far as players go, they also weren’t going to simply bench Brown so that they could get the pick. That would have been trembously underhanded to keep a young guy out of games, or worse, playing in a lower league making less money, so that you could ‘cheat’ the spirit of the deal and get a 4th. Players talk, and organizational reputations aren’t worth harming for these types of returns.

GMs are people, and they have to continually have to deal face to face with one of 32 other of the same people in their position. There is a strong element of fair play at hand because it’s a situation of repeat ‘business’ and continual desired access.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad