Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 3

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Extremely glad that he's here. The best scenario for him and the team is still that he grabs one of the top center spots and solidifies the position.

Seems like it will be a headache, if he is good he is still going to want out. If they trade him the return will be poor and the fans will pout for years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good.

This is the best chance he'll ever have to get that 2C spot. Kid has the skills for it. It's just a matter of lighting a fire under his butt consistently to get him there.

Reactions: Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I want to be positive about Brown, but I just find it difficult to picture him really blowing anyone away with playing during camp.

He just does not seem like the type of player who stands out in scrimmages and practice drills. His worth will only shine once pre-season starts and he gets a couple of games in to show he is ready to take the next step, by displaying that elite playmaking skill that he has.

I just hope that he has elevated his personal training and has possibly added a more physical and aggressive element to his game that would help him be productive on the ice even when he is not carrying the puck.

I heard he is in the best shape of his life

Reactions: Silencio

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He’s better than tierney.

It'd be great for us if that's true but as things stand one guy is an NHL player and the other guy is an AHL lifer. Hopefully that changes and Brown demonstrates more than he's been able to thus far

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
On top of that, he's the antithesis of what DJ likes. I'm pulling for Logan, but I think it will be a tall order.

He’s a big body who skates better than what most give him credit for. He has good puck protection skills and can separate players physically when he wants too.

Saying he is the anthesis of what DJ likes isn’t fair. If he’s healthy he is probably closer to this teams 1C than the 4C and DJ would like that.

Reactions: Cosmix and Puikiou

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Theories about Logan are dead, let’s see him on the ice with NHL players. He deserves his chance to prove himself, but if he’s not in NHL shape and ready for a full 82 games of consistent NHL action, then he’s not ready for the NHL it’s as simple as that

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He’s a big body who skates better than what most give him credit for. He has good puck protection skills and can separate players physically when he wants too.

Saying he is the anthesis of what DJ likes isn’t fair. If he’s healthy he is probably closer to this teams 1C than the 4C and DJ would like that.
He was healthy a year ago playing 10 mins a night on the 4th line under DJ in his callup. He's played 14 games since then...

He's got skill, nobody has ever denied that, but I think he's got to beat out Pinto who plays a game much more suited to DJ's liking. We may see the team send Pinto down while we give L.Brown a try out before waiving him if he can't shake it.

I think we need to play Logan with someone who is balls to the wall and drag him into the mix. Tkachuk would be ideal but I don't see them wanting to give him that prominent a role, so maybe we reunite him and Paul.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.

I have no doubt he can put up points, especially on the power play. But if he isn't aggressive enough defensively, and isn't playing a 200 foot game, DJ wont give him big minutes and Dorion will probably end up shipping him off somewhere for a draft pick. I've always been a fan of Brown and wanted him to succeed in Ottawa but at this point I am leaning against it happening.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ottawa Senators Re-sign Logan Brown

.“Logan is among the most talented prospects in our organization,” said Senators general manager Pierre Dorion. “He possesses many of the tools that could ultimately help him find success in the NHL. We’re hopeful that a productive summer translates into a good training camp for him here beginning next week.”

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He was healthy a year ago playing 10 mins a night on the 4th line under DJ in his callup. He's played 14 games since then...

He's got skill, nobody has ever denied that, but I think he's got to beat out Pinto who plays a game much more suited to DJ's liking. We may see the team send Pinto down while we give L.Brown a try out before waiving him if he can't shake it.

I think we need to play Logan with someone who is balls to the wall and drag him into the mix. Tkachuk would be ideal but I don't see them wanting to give him that prominent a role, so maybe we reunite him and Paul.

I like the idea of Paul too - but not sure DJ will want to sacrifice Logan on a line where Paul is defending.

This should not be Logan vs Pinto … it should be a battle between Logan, Pinto, White, and Tierney for 3 open Center spots.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have no doubt he can put up points, especially on the power play. But if he isn't aggressive enough defensively, and isn't playing a 200 foot game, DJ wont give him big minutes and Dorion will probably end up shipping him off somewhere for a draft pick. I've always been a fan of Brown and wanted him to succeed in Ottawa but at this point I am leaning against it happening.

At some point, you can't change what a hockey player is. Look at Logan Brown in the AHL and he'll play exactly like that in the NHL. I doubt he'll succeed by changing his game too much, so it's either they let him play his game or they let him go to a team that will. I think the second option is much more likely. Hopefully his value goes back up and we can get an useful asset for him, or have him part of a package for a quality RW/RD player

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Possible… it’s been speculated countless times he would never play in Ottawa again … and here he is signed and apparently coming to camp.

This could go countless ways … but I’m nervously crossing my fingers that we finally have a 2C in Brown joined with Norris and Pinto.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
As far as i can see, we've got 4 centers. White. Norris. Pinto. Tierney. This is the NHL. Ties go to the veterans and it works that way everywhere. In Pinto's case, the org is high on him and he had a great showing last spring. In Brown's case, it's an uphill climb.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
On top of that, he's the antithesis of what DJ likes. I'm pulling for Logan, but I think it will be a tall order.
Logan brown needs to be spectacular to hold down a spot. Always has had to be. Saying that. I mean enough is enough. I would bet Dorion mcguirre and smith would all rather him play and be good OR be good enough to bring in ANY sort of offer.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
As far as i can see, we've got 4 centers. White. Norris. Pinto. Tierney. This is the NHL. Ties go to the veterans and it works that way everywhere. In Pinto's case, the org is high on him and he had a great showing last spring. In Brown's case, it's an uphill climb.
1. We also have a gaping hole in wing (and only guys on ELCs to fight for it )and White can play wing, so I'm not 100% that there isn't room for both Brown and Pinto.
2. Pinto got games probably as an incentive to sign with Ottawa and burn a year of his ELC. He might not beat out the more experienced Brown over a full training camp and preseason. Plus, Brown will be more desperate than Pinto and have the edge in Waiver eligibility. Is the team going to risk losing Brown if Pinto is juts a hair better? I think, if anything, Pinto needs to clearly beat Brown all things being equal.
3. We have no "set" 13th forward and there is no reason it can't be Brown.
4. Brown can also play wing.

Reactions: bert and Sweatred

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Thought it was pretty offside of Gord Wilson to say this guy was anti-vax on TSN1200 mid week. Since that has been debunked would be nice for GW to apologize.

Also don't have many expectations for Logan but hope he has a good showing for the sake of his career.

Reactions: Xspyrit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Brown will be more desperate than Pinto

Did Brown find some magical desperation pill?

I understand your points of view and they're all pretty reasonable but for the desperation thingy

Hopefully Brown gives the team every reason to keep him and it's not just about waiver eligibility. I think Pinto is ahead of Brown going in to camp and I'd hate to see him sent down because of waiver eligibility

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Did Brown find some magical desperation pill?

I understand your points of view and they're all pretty reasonable but for the desperation thingy

Hopefully Brown gives the team every reason to keep him and it's not just about waiver eligibility. I think Pinto is ahead of Brown going in to camp and I'd hate to see him sent down because of waiver eligibility
Logan Brown is going to be righting for his professional hockey career (or should be).

Pinto has nothing but time and options. If Pinto beats him out, that might say a bit about Logan that past camps didn't.

I give him a bit of a pass last season, management wasn't particularly fair last season with roster spots.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
PD setting him up for success with those comments. Hope LB can dunk this easy lob.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
1. We also have a gaping hole in wing (and only guys on ELCs to fight for it )and White can play wing, so I'm not 100% that there isn't room for both Brown and Pinto.
2. Pinto got games probably as an incentive to sign with Ottawa and burn a year of his ELC. He might not beat out the more experienced Brown over a full training camp and preseason. Plus, Brown will be more desperate than Pinto and have the edge in Waiver eligibility. Is the team going to risk losing Brown if Pinto is juts a hair better? I think, if anything, Pinto needs to clearly beat Brown all things being equal.
3. We have no "set" 13th forward and there is no reason it can't be Brown.
4. Brown can also play wing.

Pinto, although he seemed to play well for the final few games last season, still has not proven he is an NHL level player nor an AHL level player at this time. L. Brown has done the latter. So, given the situation, it will be interesting to see how training camp plays out.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Pinto, although he seemed to play well for the final few games last season, still has not proven he is an NHL level player nor an AHL level player at this time. L. Brown has done the latter. So, given the situation, it will be interesting to see how training camp plays out.

I think brown has the steeper hill to climb and I'll be pleased if he succeeds

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Reunite Paul Brown Batherson for training camp/exhibition games or at least until Brady comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad