Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 3

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I hope he comes to camp, has a great time, blows the doors off, thrusts himself into the conversation for that second line spot, and the talk of him wanting to be dealt go away. I won't give up on him until he shows me he's not good enough. Logan panning out might seem unlikely at this point, but it would be great for the team. Nothing to lose by rooting for him!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Garrioch reporting that Logan Brown is fully vaccinated, will also most likely sign his QO and report to camp this week.
I thought the QO expired already. I guess we could make the same offer again though...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I could be mistaken but I believe this is only the case of the QO is rejected. Which we haven’t heard anything about as far as I know

I think it's important that a QO automatically expire, imagine a team close to the cap making a QO to a big ticket player who stretches it out and won't sign (or officially reject it). The team signs a replacement player pushing them to the cap then the player decides to sign the QO pushing the team way over the cap.

Teams are required to give the QO to retain rights, I don't really see a difference between refusing to accept and rejecting, the team needs to be in control of their finances to make sure they can plan accordingly.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Garrioch reporting that Logan Brown is fully vaccinated, will also most likely sign his QO and report to camp this week.

great news - Logan, Norris, and Pinto at C is the best in house option for this team going forward.

Id break up The Buddy Norris line and support 1C for Logan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Senators sign forward Logan Brown to a one-year, two-way contract

by Sens Communications @Media_Sens / Ottawa Senators
4:23 PM
  • Facebook Share
  • Twitter Share
  • Link Share
  • Email Share
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has signed forward Logan Brown to a one-year, two-way contract for the 2021-22 season. The contract carries an annual value of $750,000 in the National Hockey League and $100,000 in the American Hockey League.
Brown, 23, skated in 13 regular-season games with the AHL's Belleville Senators in 2020-21 and tallied nine points (two goals, seven assists) and eight penalty minutes. He also appeared in one game with Ottawa in which he was held scoreless and registered two penalty minutes.
"Logan is among the most talented prospects in our organization," said Senators general manager Pierre Dorion. "He possesses many of the tools that could ultimately help him find success in the NHL. We're hopeful that a productive summer translates into a good training camp for him here beginning next week."
A native of Raleigh, N.C., and a long-time resident of St. Louis, Brown was the Senators' first-round (11th overall) pick in the 2016 NHL Draft. He has recorded nine points (one goal, eight assists) and six penalty minutes over 30 career NHL games with Ottawa and 79 points (23 goals, 47 assists) and 75 penalty minutes over 94 AHL contests with the B-Sens.
Internationally, Brown helped Team U.S.A. earn a bronze medal at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship in Buffalo, N.Y.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL

Wedman shorty,, assist Hoelscher

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
It would give us some real options if he wins a spot to start the season.

If they move White to RW (flip Brown at Pinto depending on how camp goes):

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle Brown Brown
Paul Tierney White
Formenton Pinto Watson
Ex: Sokolov / Greig

Probably our strongest roster assuming Logan performs as we always hoped. Tierney and Brown gets to be distributors, Stutzle and Conor get someone with some more creativity on the PP. White gets to shoot more and help with draws, and Pinto and Formenton get insulated as much as possible.

If they keep White at C (Flip Sokolov/Greig depending on camp):

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle Brown Brown
Paul White Sokolov
Formenton Tierney Watson
Ex: Pinto / Greig

Lots of "C" depth", White stays in his natural position, Tierney gets pushed down the roster, physicality on all lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad