Lockout Over!!!!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
2 amnesty buy outs per team before season 2013-14. Won't count on the cap but on players share.

... I have a feeling we'll find our depth defenceman to replace Lundin via signing someone who got bought out.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Whole draft lottery restructured to be more like the NBA where every team that misses the playoffs gets a chance at #1

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great news to wake up to on a Sunday morning. Still no idea of when the season starts but I'm thinking January 19th.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
19th at the MTS Centre was the earlier speculation, correct?

Someone (can't remember who) threw the 15th out there, too, but consensus would be that lots of "rival games" would start the season and that'd probably leave us with WPG or something after TO/MTL and BOS/BUF pair up.

TheOriginalSilf*

6:30 AM. Phone ringing. Unknown number. Answer the phone. Caller hangs up. Incoming text.

Manked: Lockout over!!!

My reaction?

http://gifsoup.com/

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
**** ye.

35i6at2.jpg

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

All I can say is its about ****ing time.

If Alfie's career had ended due to millionaires and billionairs fighting over billions of dollars, I'd have sworn off this game forever.

Just saw something on TSN about Bettman wanting to be around until 2017 at least... F that. Fire him as soon as this thing is official.

Bettman stays.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I like this change!

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Draft lottery will change. All 14 teams fully eligible for 1st pick overall. Weighting system may remain, but 4-move restriction out.

NinjaSlap

Jun 4, 2011
I like this change!

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Draft lottery will change. All 14 teams fully eligible for 1st pick overall. Weighting system may remain, but 4-move restriction out.

Also if say a team like Edmonton gets 3 first overall picks in a row the next year they will have less of a chance to win the lottery.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
2 amnesty buy outs per team before season 2013-14. Won't count on the cap but on players share.

... I have a feeling we'll find our depth defenceman to replace Lundin via signing someone who got bought out.

I doubt any good D-man will be bought out this year.

Teams that need to move salary to make the 2013/14 $64.3M will most probably wait and make moves at the end of this season.

Of course there will be exceptions, with players in the Gomez or Redden category.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: