Lockout Over!!!!

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
We had a top coach last year, we have alredsson soon to retire, and the norris trophy winner...talk about us TSN !!

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What do you expect from the Toronto Sports Network? I long ago stopped caring about their clear pro-Toronto and anti-Ottawa bias. Ditto for CBC and (to an only slightly lesser extent) Sportsnet.
I thought people would be a bit more cheery today :laugh:.

They haven't even talked about Toronto. TSN is putting w/e they have at random. They started with Winnipeg of all teams. Though I do agree, I'm guessing they won't realize our D is gone

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Haha yeah I love how we were not even on their list. Also enjoyed how they jump right to Edmonton as the team that comes out flying. Lets not forget that Binghamton has a way better record and is also filled with our young players.

The Oilers #1 line is playing in the AHL, I'm sure that is what they factored into their comments.

Ottawa might have two guys from Bingo, Silf + 1 at most.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
What do you expect from the Toronto Sports Network? I long ago stopped caring about their clear pro-Toronto and anti-Ottawa bias. Ditto for CBC and (to an only slightly lesser extent) Sportsnet.

Duthie is a Sens fan, he needs to give the panel a smack and talk about the best team Canadian team in the east last year instead of the freaking jets.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
You are grossly mistaken if you believe starting to negotiate earlier would have changed one thing.

An opening lowball offer, take it or leave proposals, walking out of negotiations, refusing to meet, weren't the tactics of the NHLPA.

This lockout was about union busting, unfortunately it took the NHL over 100 days to realize this just wasn't going to happen this time.

Lockouts are about management taking advantage of current US labor law, it is why sports PAs file for disclaimer.

Bettman didn't save the Sens, that was left for Melnyk.

I cant say that they would have found a solution if they started negotiation before the scheduled start of the season and you cant say they would not have.

If they had engaged early on or at least with the October offer there is no reason why they could not have found an agreement long before they did, but as was just said on the TSN panel. if you bring in a heavy hitter like Fehr he has to show his chops and if that meant dragging everything out which it appeared to,. then that is what will happen.

No league will start their season without a CBA and it has nothing to do with union busting, that is just rhetoric, it is because the players will collect their years salary and then strike just before the playoffs as has happened before and most notoriously in the MLB under Fehr.

I realize that some people are reluctant to give Bettman credit for anything but he has been credited by both Edmonton and Ottawa insiders for saving the teams..

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
1279119_o.gif

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Talking about the leafs now on tsn, i'd imagine were up soon. Save the best for last :):yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad