Prospect Info: Linus Ullmark (2012, 163rd) – '15-16: Buffalo #35 (NHL)Recalled 4/9/16

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@kevinoDandC - A pronunciation public service announcement for #Amerks/#Sabres fans - Charles Schulz did not name the goalie. It's Lee-nus Ullmark.

#Amerks goalie Linus Ullmark realizes he's much better when he uses his head. Literally -

As he geared up for his first season in North America, Linus Ullmark spent a good deal of his summer analyzing video.
He and his goalie coach, Maciej Szwoch, watched how other goalies played and the approach they took.

"I'm a big Pekka Rinne fan," Ullmark said, referring to the Nashville Predators star.
"We were trying to think about how I want to play, what are the the most important things to play at a high level."

A native of Sweden, Ullmark knew his first exposure to the American Hockey League and National Hockey League would be challenging.
He had never played a game on a North American-sized rink; not in the World Junior Championship, not with a touring Swedish national team.
The cerebral approach helped prepare him for what he would face. Now that he's here, he's still using his head. To make saves. Literally.

Rest Of The Article - http://www.democratandchronicle.com...mark-very-willing-use-his-head-goal/74281740/

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm glad TM hasn't acquired another goalie.

See what we have in Ullmark and Lieuwen - Darcy acquired goalies!

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
SO freaking excited to have this kid up. I know he had a statistically inferior year last year, but between health problems and playing for a terrible team, I can see how that experience might even make a young man better. Learns how to handle inordinate pressure, learns to be in tune with his body a little more (he talked about adapting his style a little bit when his hips started being a problem and even suggested this was an improvement over where he'd been when healthy). His role model is Rinne, which shows me a kid who's really keyed in to technically sound play. And he looked so imposing, athletic, and sound against the prospects last year.

Like, not quite Jack-Eichel's-debut excited, but more excited than for anybody short of a #2 draft pick. Would love to see him get a win tomorrow and be a real challenger by the time Lehner comes back.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Happy for the kid.

Expectation set firmly to low. This will be a good leaning exp for him I should think.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Glad he's up, hopefully he can show his stuff tomorrow against the Devils. "Lean on me, when you're not strong...."

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Glad he's up, hopefully he can show his stuff tomorrow against the Devils. "Lean on me, when you're not strong...."

I think you want CJ against NJ. No one expects BUF to win tonight, so why not just start a backup. NJ we have a better shot at points and CJ is the better option.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Linus Ullmark Pregame (10/23/15) - 2:15 Mins

[NHL]854249[/NHL]
Linus Ullmark speaks after being called up prior to Buffalo's game against Montreal.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think you want CJ against NJ. No one expects BUF to win tonight, so why not just start a backup. NJ we have a better shot at points and CJ is the better option.

Montreal is starting their backup, which means we have a significantly better chance of winning vs. if they had Price in. It's not an unwinnable game.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Dear Linus,

Try not too think too hard about the fact that tomorrow you're starting for a team with several young star players just emerging as the core of a future contender with a firm question mark in net. Try not to think too hard about the fact that, unlike pretty much any other call-up situation, playing merely average might actually win you starts really quickly, and if that happens, there's a non-zero chance that nobody's going to come particularly hard after you to take them away. Try not to think too much about the fact that by this time tomorrow, an entire city might be looking at you and collectively saying, "****, I hope he can do that again," and seriously consider investing a three-year, scorched earth, generational tank job to your safekeeping.

Just focus on minions and stuff.

Love,

Haseoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad