Prospect Info: Linus Ullmark (2012, 163rd) – '15-16: Buffalo #35 (NHL)Recalled 4/9/16

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sad that the demotion of the King of Ducking (high shots) means CJ negative65 is the Lehner alternative. Barf.

Johnson has a higher SV% than Ullmark. How is this barf-worthy, especially in light of the fact that going to Rochester also gives Ullmark consistent playing time?

I'm not a huge Chad Johnson fan, but I really don't understand some of the hand-wringing this move has created. Johnson has performed pretty well under the circumstances, and is an established backup goaltender. Ullmark needs reps, and he'll get them in Rochester.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Johnson has a higher SV% than Ullmark. How is this barf-worthy, especially in light of the fact that going to Rochester also gives Ullmark consistent playing time?

I'm not a huge Chad Johnson fan, but I really don't understand some of the hand-wringing this move has created. Johnson has performed pretty well under the circumstances, and is an established backup goaltender. Ullmark needs reps, and he'll get them in Rochester.

Tell me you're not blinded by a sporadic 40-save performance of minimally threatening shots from the outside....? Find me the metric that shows how deflating the poorly timed softies are to the team in front of him.

This rhetoric that he is a solid backup is awful. Established as one only because he isn't anywhere long enough to be demoted.

To me, poor goaltending goes a bit beyond Sv%

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I agree that Ullmark should be in Rochester getting the playing time. This team is going nowhere fast, so there's nothing wrong with leaning on Johnson as Lehner, hopefully, works his way back to getting the bulk of the starts. However, I disagree about the SV% point. It's factual but I don't think it really says much. To my eyes Ullmark has been, at worst, every bit as good as Johnson. If I had to play one of the two to win a big game tomorrow, I'd choose Ullmark.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I agree that Ullmark should be in Rochester getting the playing time. This team is going nowhere fast, so there's nothing wrong with leaning on Johnson as Lehner, hopefully, works his way back to getting the bulk of the starts. However, I disagree about the SV% point. It's factual but I don't think it really says much. To my eyes Ullmark has been, at worst, every bit as good as Johnson. If I had to play one of the two to win a big game tomorrow, I'd choose Ullmark.

Really? Interesting, cuz to me if eyes only, they both give up bad goals, but Ullmark seems to have gotten completely out of control more often. He clearly has a lot of potential, but his control and technique seem lacking more so than johnson for a do or die game tomorrow.

What gives you more confidence for linus?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Really? Interesting, cuz to me if eyes only, they both give up bad goals, but Ullmark seems to have gotten completely out of control more often. He clearly has a lot of potential, but his control and technique seem lacking more so than johnson for a do or die game tomorrow.

What gives you more confidence for linus?

Neither of them should be NHL starters at this point in time, but I'd take Ullmark's raw talent over Johnson. He's more capable of stealing games which is what this team would need if winning mattered at this point. In fairness I've been a big fan of Ullmark, having watched him play a lot for MODO since we drafted him. Again, I'm glad he was sent down to Rochester because it's where he belongs in this situation.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
12654450_10153911460729819_3209521789241478446_n.jpg

Linus Ullmark is a big fan of these banana lovers.. Check out his previous banana bucket... And now is Linus transformed into this blue and crazy creature...which is transformed into a Swedish viking ready for battle... He is dressed up in a viking helmet and shield... and instead of a sword he is ready with his banana... A nuclear banana☢... Watch out! @lullmark @buffalosabres @amerkshockey @nhl #daveart #nhl #daveartairbrush #daveartthecradleofcreativity

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I still have high confidence in him he could be our #1 down the road. I think he's more hungry now than he was when he first got here as evident in that interview. Good kid and good head on his shoulders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad