Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
That more or less gets you Trouba, Not Lindholm. You want Lindholm it more or less starts with Nylander/Marner. Gardiner is a downgrade compared to Lindholm and Kapanen isn't a need in Anaheim.

Possibly. Come to think of it though, I believe the Ducks would be better served trading Lindholm for a top-end defensive D. They have plenty of offensive-minded guys in Fowler, Vanatan, Theodore and Montour.

How about Lindholm to EDM for Nurse+?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Actually a fair trade
I see Toronto still finishing in bottom 5 and a 1st line winger for dirt cheap

Not really a fair trade. Ducks are trading for a guy who will most likely bolt for more money in 2 years, while the Leafs get Lindholm for up 7 years on a good deal. And JVR doesn't really help us win now when we're subtracting Lindholm from our defense.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Possibly. Come to think of it though, I believe the Ducks would be better served trading Lindholm for a top-end defensive D. They have plenty of offensive-minded guys in Fowler, Vanatan, Theodore and Montour.

Nurse doesn't have any hockey IQ. Do not want.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Nurse is a #5
The plus better be huge.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Just a note, but I'm pretty sure at this moment we have 6 forward will will protect and a bunch of guys who we can lose in the expansion draft that wouldn't kill us. So Dano not being expansion protected isn't a problem. Still doesn't cover up that he's not that interesting and not enough of an add to Trouba to make us to trade Lindholm for.

I'm not advocating a Trouba for Lindholm trade, but just bored picking up on your comment.

OK if no Dano, who? Problem is any add of Ehlers or Laine is way too much (both would be non starters). Maybe Jack Roslovic (currently doing very well in AHL) or Connor but any Connor add on to Trouba is again into realm too much unless a small plus coming back with Lindholm. Some people (fans & hockey experts) projected Connor might outscore Laine thus year (hasn't happened but some speculated that's how good he is potentially).

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Not really a fair trade. Ducks are trading for a guy who will most likely bolt for more money in 2 years, while the Leafs get Lindholm for up 7 years on a good deal. And JVR doesn't really help us win now when we're subtracting Lindholm from our defense.

You have 3 guys making 24 million total. They are not getting younger. You have to give to get.

And at the moment you don't even have Lindholm at defense. He is on the side lines waiting for a contract.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I'm not advocating a Trouba for Lindholm trade, but just bored picking up on your comment.

OK if no Dano, who? Problem is any add of Ehlers or Laine is way too much (both would be non starters). Maybe Jack Roslovic (currently doing very well in AHL) or Connor but any Connor add on to Trouba is again into realm too much unless a small plus coming back with Lindholm. Some people (fans & hockey experts) projected Connor might outscore Laine thus year (hasn't happened but some speculated that's how good he is potentially).

IMO, there's no reasonable add to Trouba that would make us consider trading Lindholm for him. I'm not ok with trading for a guy who might get paid less or might want to get paid the same as his peers, while also being a player that isn't afraid to ask for a trade out the moment he's not getting what he wants. He either asks for another trade or he bolts the moment he's a UFA.

Rather keep the guy that, while still un-signed, hes made it clear he wants to stay in Anaheim and still hasn't asked for a trade out even though he's missing games.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You have 3 guys making 24 million total. They are not getting younger. You have to give to get.

And at the moment you don't even have Lindholm at defense. He is on the side lines waiting for a contract.

What exactly are we getting though? JVR for 2 years and a mystery box. I'm not sold that Toronto will be picking in the bottom 3 again, and adding Lindholm to that defense helps that team keep that from happening.

We also don't have to trade Lindholm since he hasn't asked for a trade out. There are other options that can be explored before needing to trade Lindholm for someone who will bolt in 2 years and a mystery pick.

As for Lindholm not playing, yeah, have you seen how bad our defense can be? Fowler has been amazing so far, but it's hard to say if he will be able to keep that play up for the rest of the season. That's not even factoring in him being a UFA in 2 years as well.

Imagine, we have both JVR and Fowler hitting FA in the same year. We could most likely afford to keep one of them, but at a high price. A price that will ultimately be higher than Lindholm's. Lindholm would be younger,cheaper, and still signed, unlike JVR and Fowler who would both be UFAs and older.

It's a bad deal for our present and for our future.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Don't think Anaheim has a lot of bargaining power at all here. I said the same thing about Edmonton and then trying to deal Hall for a dman. They thought the return would be massive and it wasn't, although Larsson is good. When you deal from a position of weakness you never come out on the other end with what you really want.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Don't think Anaheim has a lot of bargaining power at all here. I said the same thing about Edmonton and then trying to deal Hall for a dman. They thought the return would be massive and it wasn't, although Larsson is good. When you deal from a position of weakness you never come out on the other end with what you really want.

In case you missed it, we're not trying to trade Lindholm. This has been confirmed by multiple sources that aren't hack radio DJs.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Ryan Murray + Boone Jenner + Sonny Milano

for

Hampus Lindholm + Jakob Silfverberg + Clayton Stoner (50% retained)

Saad-Wenjnberg-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Karlsson-Silfverberg
Anderson-Gagner-Bjorkstrand

Lindholm-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout/Stoner

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
What exactly are we getting though? JVR for 2 years and a mystery box. I'm not sold that Toronto will be picking in the bottom 3 again, and adding Lindholm to that defense helps that team keep that from happening.

We also don't have to trade Lindholm since he hasn't asked for a trade out. There are other options that can be explored before needing to trade Lindholm for someone who will bolt in 2 years and a mystery pick.

As for Lindholm not playing, yeah, have you seen how bad our defense can be? Fowler has been amazing so far, but it's hard to say if he will be able to keep that play up for the rest of the season. That's not even factoring in him being a UFA in 2 years as well.

Imagine, we have both JVR and Fowler hitting FA in the same year. We could most likely afford to keep one of them, but at a high price. A price that will ultimately be higher than Lindholm's. Lindholm would be younger,cheaper, and still signed, unlike JVR and Fowler who would both be UFAs and older.

It's a bad deal for our present and for our future.

Kinda this answer

Do I think lindholm should get more? Yes

Is it possible? Yes

Are we dealing in a vacuum? No

And atm it is better short term you don't have Lindholm playing for you guys yet. Once he is signed and playing you can say this is worse.

And JVR is 25+ goals added possibly 30.
Idk best case scenario a trade happens and then lindholm signs in anahiem.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

What weakness is there exactly? Lindholm doesn't want out, so why would we take a lower return for Lindholm?

The Jets are the only one that doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. Your guy wants out, yet you expect to get a massive upgrade from him for Lindholm. Come on, when has a team have a player publicly want out, and refuse to play to even yo up his trade value, return a better player? :shakehead

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
IMO, there's no reasonable add to Trouba that would make us consider trading Lindholm for him. I'm not ok with trading for a guy who might get paid less or might want to get paid the same as his peers, while also being a player that isn't afraid to ask for a trade out the moment he's not getting what he wants. He either asks for another trade or he bolts the moment he's a UFA.

Rather keep the guy that, while still un-signed, hes made it clear he wants to stay in Anaheim and still hasn't asked for a trade out even though he's missing games.

Just how has he made it clear he wants to stay in Ana? Trouba was all over that same line until suddenly, oh he wants to be traded now. That's a standard ploy -- all's well until suddenly it isn't.

Something is seriously holding up this signing. Sure cap space is tight, but its a mere formality now that Depres is on LTIR. Yet its not happening. The longer this takes, the more likely there's going to be a big trade happening in Ana.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
What weakness is there exactly? Lindholm doesn't want out, so why would we take a lower return for Lindholm?

The Jets are the only one that doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. Your guy wants out, yet you expect to get a massive upgrade from him for Lindholm. Come on, when has a team have a player publicly want out, and refuse to play to even yo up his trade value, return a better player? :shakehead

When the player on the other side (in this case Lindholm) also has told his team he wants out, it just hasn't been officially announced yet.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Was just thinking about Trouba + Roslovic. Haven't seen Roslovic yet but hearing good things about him in the AHL. Would be tough to part with but might make us a great team.

What happens in the situation of us hypothetically acquiring Lindholm... Which of Lindholm, Enstrom or Morrissey plays on the 3rd pairing? Almost seems like the Trouba situation all over again :laugh: I imagine Morrissey would be relegated to playing with Postma, but that might make that pairing a more secure 3rd pairing than Chiarot.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

for

Hampus Lindholm + Jakob Silfverberg + Clayton Stoner

Saad-Wenjnberg-Foligno

Lindholm-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout/Stoner

When you don't post the other teams line up, then you know it's a bad deal. Not trading Lindholm for a defensemen who is worse, has a lower ceiling, and cant' stay healthy. Definitely not trading Silf.

Kinda this answer

Do I think lindholm should get more? Yes

Is it possible? Yes

Are we dealing in a vacuum? No

And atm it is better short term you don't have Lindholm playing for you guys yet. Once he is signed and playing you can say this is worse.

And JVR is 25+ goals added possibly 30.
Idk best case scenario a trade happens and then lindholm signs in anahiem.

That would all be fine, IF the Ducks were trying to trade Lindholm. They aren't, all the reports from actual reliable reports say so. Baffles me why people want to believe in the hack with no reliability than those reporters who say others who are actually reliable.

Still not bringing up my point in we end up losing JVR in 2 years. Great, we get 25ish goals while he's here, then we lose him. Now we're out a top line winger and a top pairing D. Your point on this being a better short term solution instead of having Lindholm sit sideline, while true; doesn't really matter. Why go for short term benefit, one that does not guarantee much, when we can keep the guy who has been someone this organization has wanted since Pronger/Nieds.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
No way I'd add the 1st.

if Trouba is definitely never going to play for us again (that's a big if), I'd consider it. Dano is going to be a dang good player, but we stand to lose him in expansion draft anyway. Banking on us giving up something like #10 in the draft -- that would be a mighty fine D-man, but still 3-4+ years from making the team (or maybe never in the case of Stanley).

So yes, it would be a gamble, but if Trouba is definitely a goner, I do it.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
How about Klefbom+ then?

Im on the fence about Klefbom. He looks solid so far, but that's having to base it on a very small sample size. He's only played a bit over 100 games since 2013. Can he stay healthy enough to reach what looks to be his potential? Maybe or maybe not. Can he sustain that play over a full season? Again maybe, maybe not.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
When you don't post the other teams line up, then you know it's a bad deal. Not trading Lindholm for a defensemen who is worse, has a lower ceiling, and cant' stay healthy. Definitely not trading Silf.

That would all be fine, IF the Ducks were trying to trade Lindholm. They aren't, all the reports from actual reliable reports say so. Baffles me why people want to believe in the hack with no reliability than those reporters who say others who are actually reliable.

Still not bringing up my point in we end up losing JVR in 2 years. Great, we get 25ish goals while he's here, then we lose him. Now we're out a top line winger and a top pairing D. Your point on this being a better short term solution instead of having Lindholm sit sideline, while true; doesn't really matter. Why go for short term benefit, one that does not guarantee much, when we can keep the guy who has been someone this organization has wanted since Pronger/Nieds.

I think the most likely scenario is he stays with anahiem.

However this Is a rumour on a trade board where we make offers and have banter.
Atm anahiem doesn't have the cap space to sign lindholm to his deal.

Therefore until he is signed people will continue to try to get a young top line defensemen for 90 cents on the dollar.

Edit 2 years let's says 50 goals JVR produces that winger he replaced was 10 goals

40 goals added that's huge for cheap.

Ye after 2 years though you lose the trade. But that 1st kinda mitigates it by being a most likely high pick.

W/e though I didn't even make the trade proposal I think it's a really good basis of a deal anahiem has a lot of young D ready

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just how has he made it clear he wants to stay in Ana? Trouba was all over that same line until suddenly, oh he wants to be traded now. That's a standard ploy -- all's well until suddenly it isn't.

Something is seriously holding up this signing. Sure cap space is tight, but its a mere formality now that Depres is on LTIR. Yet its not happening. The longer this takes, the more likely there's going to be a big trade happening in Ana.

When the player on the other side (in this case Lindholm) also has told his team he wants out, it just hasn't been officially announced yet.

Hah, what's with Jets fans and their love for conspiracy? If Lindholm wanted out, there wouldn't be talks about the money for the contracts at all. Especially wouldn't be talks about both sides getting closer to a deal. Lindholm has made it clear he wants to stay in Anaheim by not asking for a trade out, even though the season has started.

Want to know what's holding up the signing? It's the two sides still be a part in money, and our cap situation. Despres going on LTIR isn't enough to re-sign Lindholm.

You guys can keep living in a dream world where Lindholm asks for a trade only to the Jets so you can get him for cheap, but with the information we have now, he will sign in Anaheim.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

for

Hampus Lindholm + Jakob Silfverberg + Clayton Stoner (50% retained)

Saad-Wenjnberg-Foligno

Lindholm-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout/Stoner
Where does Columbus come up with the cap Lindholm alone eats up Murray and Jenners cap and probably more plus adding half of Stoner plus Silfverberg on top is far more then Milano and Columbus barely has enough cap as it is. Doubt this deal works for Columbus unless you think that Lindholm accepts the Seth Jones deal and that's not happening.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I think the most likely scenario is he Ian's with anahiem.

However this Is a rumour on a trade board where we make offers and have banter.
Atm anahiem doesn't have the cap space to sign lindholm to his deal.

Therefore until he is signed people will continue to try to get a young top line defensemen for 90 cents on the dollar.

That's fine, but we will say no everytime. Don't have to say yes just because it's a trade forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad