Rumor: Linden " wheels in motion " jersey change?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
In my opinion the issue isn't that Vancouver is on the jersey it's that it's incorporated in a sort of an ugly way. It looks like it doesn't belong with the rest of the jersey and the orca is so busy already that it's just too much. Our current jerseys with the Vancouver lettering removed and the orca a bit more centred is fine by me. I do really like our 3rd jerseys though but I hate the Johnny Canuck patches on the shoulder. Just leave the shoulders bare for those ones. Sometimes less is more.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I was curious...

Other teams that have a jersey with their city name on the front:

Boston, Buffalo, Colorado, Calgary, CBJ, LA, Minny, NYI, NYR, St. Louis, TB, Toronto, Washington.

14/30

Not really.
Most of those teams have the city incorporated into the logo which is really the argument against vancouver.
And TB, calgary, and toronto don't have the city on their primary jerseys..

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
I think the best course of action is to make the current stink-in-rink alternate jersey the home jersey and make a white away jersey of the same kind. They should wait on making a new alternate for now.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
bumping this.

the canucks just had a town hall a couple weeks ago. anybody ask the questions about 'wheels in motion'?

thought of it after seeing the canucks in the stick n rinks last night.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Ho 'bout Linden put the "wheels in motion" to build a ****ing contender? My god what is with Canuck GM's resting on the laurels of their predecessors?

BoHOnino

Oct 19, 2008
Vancouver
Ho 'bout Linden put the "wheels in motion" to build a ****ing contender? My god what is with Canuck GM's resting on the laurels of their predecessors?

Yeah, because building a contender happens over night....its super easy to get other GM's to take your spare parts for top level talent....pull your head out of your ass and realize this isn't going to be a short journey.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Yeah, because building a contender happens over night....its super easy to get other GM's to take your spare parts for top level talent....pull your head out of your ass and realize this isn't going to be a short journey.

"You tell that logo designer to stop what he's doing and man the phones! We need to make some trades here, man!"

Nuclear Salo

Launch Detected
Mar 12, 2014
Vancouver

What do you mean... It worked in NHL 15.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The organization should bring in Brandon Wiebe, engineer of the Swift Current Broncos' new-old visual design. Clearly he knows how to make blue, green and white work cohesively.

BpN5degCEAAQJD2.jpg:large

b32b69623d87512dfdd21328ce9b16fb.jpg

Jun 15, 2014
The organization should bring in Brandon Wiebe, engineer of the Swift Current Broncos' new-old visual design. Clearly he knows how to make blue, green and white work cohesively.

BpN5degCEAAQJD2.jpg:large

i think these jersey's are gross.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver

These are absolutely disgusting..

I don't want a new jersey until we are a contender again.

****** jerseys for a ****** team, it's only fair

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't want a new jersey at all. Stick with what we have until it gets outdated and needs to be revised. The original six teams don't change their jerseys every other year, that's because they've stuck with what they've had and made history with them. CHI, TOR, DET etc are all amazing jerseys and logos, and have tons of history behind them.

When you think of history of the Canucks, you think of 20 different logos and 20 different jerseys.

Jun 15, 2014
I don't want a new jersey at all. Stick with what we have until it gets outdated and needs to be revised. The original six teams don't change their jerseys every other year, that's because they've stuck with what they've had and made history with them. CHI, TOR, DET etc are all amazing jerseys and logos, and have tons of history behind them.

When you think of history of the Canucks, you think of 20 different logos and 20 different jerseys.

Except what we have is nasty. We should've kept the skate from the start. I'd still go back to the skate, use our alternates as are new home and away and leave it there for life.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Except what we have is nasty. We should've kept the skate from the start. I'd still go back to the skate, use our alternates as are new home and away and leave it there for life.

I'm just tired of constant changes. Makes us look incredibly silly. We can't even figure out what our image is going to be for our jerseys and logo for more than 5+ years, how are we ever going to build a Cup winning team that has an image? Or even a team that has an image at all? I mean, in terms of playing image (skilled or tough etc).

Jun 15, 2014
I'm just tired of constant changes. Makes us look incredibly silly. We can't even figure out what our image is going to be for our jerseys and logo for more than 5+ years, how are we ever going to build a Cup winning team that has an image? Or even a team that has an image at all? I mean, in terms of playing image (skilled or tough etc).

I completely agree and have said this from day one of my Canuck watching days. I just feel like we should go back to the jersey that started it all and keep it there. It's simple and it doesn't say Vancouver over the top of the logo which I absolutely detest.

I mean, wearing my Canucks jersey, it gets so wrinkled up near the top of my chest unless I'm sitting with my hands on my sides and I stay completely immobile.

But yeah, I say figure it out one last time and stick with it till the end.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

I will say that I am definitely not opposed to seeing the next core (the Horvat core, knock on wood) strut their stuff in a new, hyper-aggressive visual identity, especially if they play a big, mean style and/or are a team of (highly-talented) ********ers on the ice who are hated by 29 other fanbases around the league (see: 2011). I'm okay with seeing tradition thrown out the window and a new, wild style established in that case.

Maybe if Nike wins the next NHL jersey contract? :dunno:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I completely agree and have said this from day one of my Canuck watching days. I just feel like we should go back to the jersey that started it all and keep it there. It's simple and it doesn't say Vancouver over the top of the logo which I absolutely detest.

I mean, wearing my Canucks jersey, it gets so wrinkled up near the top of my chest unless I'm sitting with my hands on my sides and I stay completely immobile.

But yeah, I say figure it out one last time and stick with it till the end.

I'm not a huge fan of the Vancouver across the top of the jersey either, and think it's tacky. Would be way easier to run with the jersey we have now if it was just the orca IMO.

If the skate logo could be updated a bit, I'd be on board, but we need a logo, and we need to stick by it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I will say that I am definitely not opposed to seeing the next core (the Horvat core, knock on wood) strut their stuff in a new, hyper-aggressive visual identity, especially if they play a big, mean style and/or are a team of (highly-talented) ********ers on the ice who are hated by 29 other fanbases around the league (see: 2011). I'm okay with seeing tradition thrown out the window and a new, wild style established in that case.

Maybe if Nike wins the next NHL jersey contract? :dunno:

Meh, not sure if I'm a fan of that, unless it would be the last change of the logo and jersey concept for like, a long, long time. We don't need a new logo and jersey concept everytime the core changes over.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm basically fine with changing and updating the jerseys every once in awhile, as it's a must as times evolve, but the logo needs to standpat for the most part. See: Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, New York I/R, Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad